Underdog

Rough Rider Revolver

I don't know about the quality of these single-action rimfires, but they seem to be a reasonably good deal.  A 6 plus inch barreled one is on sale, too:

Heritage Mfg Rough Rider Small Bore Single .22LR 4.75" Blued, Antiqued US Flag Pattern Grips - R22B4GOLDUSA

And, for about $30 more you can get a .22WMR cylinder for it as well. I wish I had the cash to spend and permit.  I am feeling patriotic.   In one of the reviews, the owner changed the grip to a worn patina.  I like it for a cheap plinker and training gun.

Thank you.  I believe I'm not too far.  I think I got something else from you.  Maybe my Remington?  Anyway I've played with them at the Outdoor Show in PA last year and thought the quality I saw was under rated.  If you belong to EFGA I might take you up on that. But I think my quest for an older one without the safety is going to be a challenge.  

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Thank you.  I believe I'm not too far.  I think I got something else from you.  Maybe my Remington?  Anyway I've played with them at the Outdoor Show in PA last year and thought the quality I saw was under rated.  If you belong to EFGA I might take you up on that. But I think my quest for an older one without the safety is going to be a challenge.  

very underrated imho.  I had read that screws come loose so I broke them down and tightened/checked everything and added blue loctite where appropriate.  they are accurate, so far they've been reliable, nothing is loose and they are fun.

efga?

older without a safety is definitely a challenge but remember, these are cheap plinkers.  If you want the real clone, uberti sells the cattlean in 22lr for almost 450 which is nuts compared to this.  Also, the safety is barely noticeable on these unless really focused on it

I have always liked the size, looks and feel of the Ruger Bearcat. I was thinking of getting the Ruger Shopkeeper in SS, but that sucker is almost $600. I cannot justify that kind of coin for a novelty gun.

Heritage makes a Rough Rider in a 3.5" barrel w/.22 mag cylinder and a birds head grip. It is pretty close in specs to the Ruger and looks to be 1/3 the price.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/804484198

I think I will take a chance on this one. I am sure the Ruger is nicer, but is it 3x nicer? Doubtful. I am waiting on permits and will update this post if I get the RR.