tony357

Off road vehicles what do you have?

Started new project, picked up jeep CJ7 for off road driving may even put it in wicked rides show. needed quite bit of work, windshield frame was rotted, purchased new frame and windshield, getting the glass to fit with seal is tough, just put new glass on top of old glass and it is about 3/8 longer than old glass im sure this is the issue.

steering column was bad so I replaced it with CPP tilt column also had to replace steering shaft with new column. 

Mt tires and new rims 31x12.50x15 steel D ring rims black. saved the aluminum rims that were on it they are nice rims but were too wide storing them with the micky Thompson street tires that are on them.

Transmission pan had broken bolt and was leaking, removed broken bolt replaced pan gasket and filter installed all new bolts in pan.

flywheel cover was missing replaced that.

repaired wiring to tail lights, and horn.

installed new starter old starter was grinding and was shimmed to work, replaced it with new mini wet magnet starter o shims needed. 

Replaced soft top windows old ones were stiff and rear was cracking.

Installed EAG front bumper with driving lights and  9500lb winch.

led light bar on front bumper mount, two led spot/flood lights on windshield hinge.

Changed diff fluids, trans and transfer case.

took it for 1st ride down to Tuckerton beach, was cold with no windshield. LOl..

powered by 350 chevy crate motor. 

Has fiberglass tub and original steel nose.

XHQK7398.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The new steering column I was able to weld nuts to it to use original upper mount and the original lower mount also worked. Using this column saved quite a bit of money ididit akes a replacement but it is 999.00 verses 189.00 for universal fit. plus another 165.00 for steering shaft and ujoint assembly's. 

One upside is the new steering shaft is slip fit so if you have front end impact steering shaft will slide in rather than push it into your chest. 

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

IMG_3880.JPG

06 TJ on 33x10.5 with a 3" OME lift. Flush mount led taillights with corner guards, rocker sliders, badlands 9k winch and a bunch of other odds and ends. No shows for me just backroads and logging trails.  She is hibernating in the garage till spring.

J- just

E- empty

E- every

P- pocket 

20181020_133908.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, fishnut said:

06 TJ on 33x10.5 with a 3" OME lift. Flush mount led taillights with corner guards, rocker sliders, badlands 9k winch and a bunch of other odds and ends. No shows for me just backroads and logging trails.  She is hibernating in the garage till spring.

J- just

E- empty

E- every

P- pocket 

20181020_133908.jpg

Nice pic. where was this? see you have two Grouse..

2018 Colorado ZR2 Duramax, got for practically a steal in December 2017.  

With incentives it was $35k after all said and done with 0% financing. Truck’s awesome, I haven’t taken it off roading yet but want to.

15A85E15-BE81-43D7-B0C2-DADF8BD2367C.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

With incentives it was $35k after all said and done with 0% financing. Truck’s awesome, I haven’t taken it off roading yet but want to.

Nice looking truck. Hopefully it's better than the 08's with the inline 5 cylinder. I had one, it was a nightmare. 

So far it’s good, I also have a 2015 WRX I’ve been driving for 4 years and had a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500 duramax I sold to get the colorado. That was a solid  truck but I missed having modern comforts in a vehicle, going between a modern car and an outdated truck had me missing things like bluetooth, heated seats, windshield wiper defrosters etc. also didn’t need a 2500 I wasn’t hauling THAT much, if I need to haul anything the colorado does fine

Here's a funny story....So I picked up a 2017 Grand Cherokee High Altitude...triple black mafia staff SUV.  full time 4 wheel drive, raising suspension, etc etc.   20" stock ties (uh oh).  But its a lease so I dont want to invest in real tires until I decide what to do with it.

I like to head over to Island beach state park and cruise down the sand to the Barnaget Inlet where I can waste hours catching small Bluefish and jetty rocks.  But the view is nice.

Heading back up as the sun was setting...toward the access path where the air pumps are located.  I air down to 15 psi on these tires to get a little traction, but they are mall driver tires any way you put it.  As long as you keep moving, it is ok.  But nobody sticks to the trail and the ride is a bumpy mess going through all the ruts.  So I figure the clean flat sand near the water would be a better drive.  And it was until I slowed down to swing left near the access point.  STUCK!  the tide was coming in and the sand was like soup.  I got axle deep in a minute.  So now it is dark and the water was lapping on the passenger side by now and here I was underneath trying to shovel out.

No luck, nobody around.  So I call for a tow.  Takes them an hour to come in from Seaside Park and air down a 16-wheel tow truck.  Eventually took 3 of them to pull out the Jeep using steel cables.  Paid $300 for the service.  Back at the shop (to pay), they showed me a scrapbook of hundreds of floating cars they pulled out of the surf.

Bottom line, I wish I had a rig like yours and this would not happen.  And it wouldn't cost over50 grand either.  :)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 0Jeep4 said:

Jeep life 04 Rubi just broke 50k 

F8EF3608-7BC2-4FFD-8F35-FCFFCAA6A335.jpeg

Nice! Any trouble with the "laughing monkeys" OPDA? Probably not because your so low in miles, my jeep is at 102k. I'm on my second replacement, I went with the crown brand replacement this time around. Been in since August 4 2017 so far so good. 

Anyone with 04-06 4.0L jeeps if your not familiar with the OPDA problems Google  "04-06 jeep laughing monkeys" it might just save your engine from killing it self. 

I’m aware of this issue. Mine doesnt fall into the years of recall. I know that doesn’t mean much, but I’ve wheeled and driven this jeep since it had 20k miles. Never had an issue with oil pressure etc. Plenty of other issues just haven’t had that one yet.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, Lord_Fudd said:

Nice truck I like the ZR2 package not overly aggressive.  I have a 2018 GMC Canyon crew with Denali that I have been debating putting a lift on and tires/wheels nothing crazy just a little higher.  Mine is also the diesel which is absolutely stunning in terms of what your get in a 2.8l 4cyl diesel.  I'm curious about your experience with the lift what kind of gas mileage you are getting and highway drive ability with tires. 

My stock set-up obviously drives well on the highway and get 24mpg straight city driving and 33mpg if I drive nothing but highway on a tank of gas.  I also tow a 5500lb boat and get 15mpg on the highway under tow.  Great truck thus far, came from a 2500 Sierra that got avg. 13mpg in mixed driving and 8mpg towing.

I'm looking to do something similar to the ZR2 package but don't want to kill drivability on highway or mpg's. 

It's magnetic adjustable suspension so I normally don't drive with it at that height, I get about 30mpg mixed driving, straight highway the best I've gotten was 35mpg. 

That's just a stock setup, doesn't the denali have the same setup? just doesn't look as aggressive with the factory wheels and tires? or does it have a much smoother ride because Denali? This rides a bit rough but it's a truck what more should I expect

1953 Dodge M-37. Flathead 6 cylinder. It goes a quick 42 mph. It can go through 42" of water before it needs the fording kit. It will go most places in 2 WD, but has 4 low/4 high. 

I took it off the road to put in a rebuilt starter.. I don't drive it enough so I need to buy 2 new batteries and get it on the road again. My son used the battery tenders and didn't pit them back. 24 volt generator. 

I plan to get it up and running. Then sell it. I've owned it for about 15 years. They were built in the late 40's up until 1967.

• Thanks 1