tony357

Off road vehicles what do you have?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, CageFighter said:

love this truck!  if u sell it, PM me 1st please.

When I parked this truck a little over 2 years ago everything worked on it. The fuel in the tank has dried up, it needs batteries. My guess is the gas tank needs to be dropped and cleaned out and maybe, the fuel lines cleaned. Honestly, I have been putting it off and don't want to do the work. Running, I would ask $7,500 for the truck. As it sits in the garage covered in dust, I would sell it for $5K , and not a penny less. So yes it is for sale as is. I have all the military repair manuals for it.

Nice K 10. I bought new an 1984 C-10 that I kept for 10 years. It was a good truck but with the 6 cylinder, it didn't make it up the mountain roads to well in the end with 150,000 miles. 

I always liked the K series with the solid front axel.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, Spartiati said:

Nice truck I like the ZR2 package not overly aggressive.  I have a 2018 GMC Canyon crew with Denali that I have been debating putting a lift on and tires/wheels nothing crazy just a little higher.  Mine is also the diesel which is absolutely stunning in terms of what your get in a 2.8l 4cyl diesel.  I'm curious about your experience with the lift what kind of gas mileage you are getting and highway drive ability with tires. 

My stock set-up obviously drives well on the highway and get 24mpg straight city driving and 33mpg if I drive nothing but highway on a tank of gas.  I also tow a 5500lb boat and get 15mpg on the highway under tow.  Great truck thus far, came from a 2500 Sierra that got avg. 13mpg in mixed driving and 8mpg towing.

I'm looking to do something similar to the ZR2 package but don't want to kill drivability on highway or mpg's. 

are u seriously getting over 30 mpg on the hiway?   im looking at buying a truck soon and am undecided on the V6 or the diesel.  

13 hours ago, CageFighter said:

are u seriously getting over 30 mpg on the hiway?   im looking at buying a truck soon and am undecided on the V6 or the diesel.  

Absolutely, no BS. If I set cruise control at 70mph I typically get 30+.  If set at 65 it can do 33+. There are a bunch videos on YouTube If people testing and getting these results.

3 hours ago, CageFighter said:

A Colorado will be the ordered in the next few months, as soon as I square away a house up in ME. But that has been my question... V6 or Duramax?

To be honest, siding with the V6. Diesel in the cold of NJ might not be a huge problem, but I have a feeling a mile from Canada is likely going to cause an issue or two. And while you used to only have to worry about diesel freezing... I heard a few horror stories about DEF and the cold (namely the tank heater going).

Maybe I’ll change my mind when I set on a house... and see if I’ll have (heated) garage space for the truck, but gas is a little better for the area I’m going to be in. Only issue going V6 is getting stuck with the 8-speed transmission. Diesel at least gives you the 6-speed.

Performance wise, I’m not towing anything that the 700 pound difference will matter.

I tried to talk myself into a Silverado, but when I get an GM employee discount... a fully loaded Colorado is well under what a very base Silverado goes for. Jump to a full size, you top $50,000 very easily.

most places that sell diesel will sell winter mix diesel during cold months, which is why Diesel price per gallon typically goes up in the winter.. Gas Stations that serve diesel sell the most by volume of any fuel they sell...

30 MPG sounds about right in the Colorado/Canyon Duramax if you aren't hauling anything or a light load

The price of Diesel goes up in the winter because of the home oil heating demand. There is only so much storage space. Chemical additives are added in both gas and diesel every winter by November 15, and are discontinued by April 15. Anyone that drives a diesel should put an additive in for extra protection.

Spent few hours cruising through the pine barrens today both Wharton and bass river forests.. That bridge is beginning of bass river, it starts out as swamp land runs through the woods out to Newgretna Viking yaghts and allens dock are both on this river, it runs into the Mullica river and into great bay. 

jeep11.jpg

jeep17.jpg

jeep12.jpg

jeep14.jpg

jeep15.jpg

jeep16.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oldie but a goodie.

Short story behind this.  Anthony at TJs Sporting arms was having a BBQ and mapquest (yes, it was a long time ago) put us (me and @Caine) on this road through the pineys.  Of course my jeep made it.  

downsized_0611111320.jpg

downsized_0611111324b.jpg

5 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Oldie but a goodie.

Short story behind this.  Anthony at TJs Sporting arms was having a BBQ and magquest (yes, it was a long time ago) put us (me and @Caine) on this road through the pineys.  Of course my jeep made it.  

downsized_0611111320.jpg

downsized_0611111324b.jpg

that's funny right there. 

• Thanks 1