Gunnz

New online permitting system?!?

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Actually, they took about a month last time I applied via the paper trail, so not too bad. They just seem to be a little "slow" as in mental processing, hick town.

That's definitely true. My town is a "red" town, so there isn't too many obstructions, except for just being pineys.

Right, me too.  We didn't have to pay that when we did normal paper trail permits, just the $2 per permit, did we?

I'll be interested when I talk to the guy in charge tomorrow what their deal is with accepting online apps.

I suppose I could have skipped the online thing and just paid the $6. But then I would have had to wait for snail mail letters from my references. I don't need another handgun, this was a test of the new system......I am very curious to see how much this speeds it up!

I seem to be the first online person to apply! This may delay my permits as they seek answers as to how to handle it. I somehow expect to have permits in hand in less than a week from my online application. We shall see!

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I don't need another handgun, this was a test of the new system......I am very curious to see how much this speeds it up!

Same with me. I wasn't craving anything special, but thinking, if Murphy goes all communist, maybe now's the time to fill in any holes in the stable, before we're forced back to muskets.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Same with me. I wasn't craving anything special, but thinking, if Murphy goes all communist, maybe now's the time to fill in any holes in the stable, before we're forced back to muskets.

If I happen across a nice Luger P08 shooter and a good 1911 I would use a couple permits for sure! :) All future long arms will be outside the PRNJ......same with ammo purchases! Screw this bastard state!

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

If I happen across a nice Luger P08 shooter and a good 1911 I would use a couple permits for sure! :) All future long arms will be outside the PRNJ......same with ammo purchases! Screw this bastard state!

Don't buy guns if you already have some.  Instead, buy ammunition for your existing guns.  

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Don't buy guns if you already have some.  Instead, buy ammunition for your existing guns.  

Is it time yet for a NJGF group pallet purchase of assorted calibers? Who has a fork lift?

FYI, it took just over 2 weeks for my permit approval using the new online system. 

I recieved the approval email this morning, and a phone call from the detective yesterday said he’d have them ready at the end of the week. 

Much improved from the last time I applied for permits. 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

Just picked up my permits. Anyone have a Gen3 or Gen 4 Glock 19 for sale? 

I have a gen 5 g19 I’ve been looking to get rid of.  Has factory night sights 

34 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Thanks but I prefer they gen3/4. I like the finger grooves. 

Im indifferent to finger grooves, I dislike the “cut out” on the bottom of the grip.

11 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

FYI, it took just over 2 weeks for my permit approval using the new online system. 

I recieved the approval email this morning, and a phone call from the detective yesterday said he’d have them ready at the end of the week. 

Much improved from the last time I applied for permits. 

9 hours ago, Batt52 said:

I submitted application on 3/13@ 730PM. Got an email this morning (3/20) stating permits ready for pickup. 

Why is this not available state-wide yet?  I submitted my paperwork package to the NJSP barracks for my area on January 22 and I'm still waiting:angry::ireful:

2 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

At least some people are getting the benefit of this new system.

Yeah, the state.  I'm sorry but I refuse to believe they created a system to make things better for us.  There's more to it.

1 hour ago, Regular Guy said:

Why is this not available state-wide yet?  I submitted my paperwork package to the NJSP barracks for my area on January 22 and I'm still waiting:angry::ireful:

Well, I guess your post confirms what I suspected.  This on-line system will speed up the process for some municipal police departments but if you have to use a SP barracks, like I do, apparently nothing has changed.

2 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

I believe it is most of the state now, but not back in January when you applied. I think the system came online in February. Strange that you think the SP isn't using the system in your area. The application is on the SP web site and they process all the initial applications first, plus the criminal background check runs through the SP web site too.

Did you call them directly and ask if they are using the new system?

March 20th 2019 10:20pm.  Morris County, Mt. Olive. I just submitted my application and texted my two references. I doubt they'll fill it out tonight but I'll keep you updated. I'm usually around 3 weeks. 

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

I believe it is most of the state now, but not back in January when you applied. I think the system came online in February. Strange that you think the SP isn't using the system in your area. The application is on the SP web site and they process all the initial applications first, plus the criminal background check runs through the SP web site too.

Did you call them directly and ask if they are using the new system?

I did the background check online where I had to pay the $20 and print the receipt and turn it in with the rest of the paperwork.  I didn't find out about the entire process being done online until a couple weeks after I turned in my paperwork.  I see others had been posting that their areas in NJ don't do it online yet so its not available everywhere yet.  Really I have nothing better to do besides complain while I wait for the state to give me permission to exercise my constitutional rights because its been well over the 30 days they are supposed to take in giving me permission.

One of my references already received and filled out the form. The second hasn't gotten the email yet. According to FAQ on the site they'll get reminder emails. 

What can I do if my reference hasn’t received the email or hasn’t submitted the feedback? top

While the system sends two reminder emails to references who haven’t submitted the feedback, you can contact your municipal police department to request them to resend the email or to update the reference.

Hopefully he'll get one of those otherwise I'll have to go to my local PD next Wednesday on my day off. 

1 minute ago, InFamous said:

The second hasn't gotten the email yet.

Two things, make sure the email address that was put down for them is correct. You only get one shot at that.

Second, tell them to check their Spam or junk folders. If one reference received the email, the other one should have too, unless it never got there.

Just now, Sniper said:

Two things, make sure the email address that was put down for them is correct. You only get one shot at that.

Second, tell them to check their Spam or junk folders. If one reference received the email, the other one should have too, unless it never got there.

I took a picture of the confirmation page last night and sent it to him to make sure his addy was correct. He said it was, I just asked him again to be sure. Also he checked his spam last night and this afternoon.