Underdog

Ruger PC 9 Carbine!

Ruger Carbine on daily deal for $449.99:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-pc-carbine-9mm-16-rifle-19100.html

And, it comes with an adapter to take Glock magazines.  I have been told that you can get an adapter for M&P mags as well.  This just seems like a really fun plinker at the range, plus its versatility with G Mags!  I like it.    And free shipping.  

25 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Hmm, just a wild guess, but... People that own Rugers.  That's a $30.00 mag that PSA will not compensate you for, that they will repackage and sell for 100% profit.

You are assuming people buying this gun already own Ruger SR9... More folks own Glocks.  Plus glock mags are hella cheap.

Is this an issue that they won't ship mag?  I can talk to someone at PSA to figure it out.  Don't see an issue with the gun going to an NJ FFL.

Just now, Maksim said:

Is this an issue that they won't ship mag?  I can talk to someone at PSA to figure it out.

They will not ship the mag, even if it's going to an FFL that is also a gunsmith to have the compliance work done.  I argued with PSA four years ago, till I was blue in the face, that it was legal to ship to the FFL and have compliance work done.

If they are going to take a $30 mag frm you, then they should at least compensate the buyer.  It's not right that they get to keep something you paid for and then profit from reselling it at 100% profit.

1 minute ago, JasonSeidman said:

Grab a gun has it with a10 round mag for 485

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

They will not ship the mag, even if it's going to an FFL that is also a gunsmith to have the compliance work done.  I argued with PSA four years ago, till I was blue in the face, that it was legal to ship to the FFL and have compliance work done.

If they are going to take a $30 mag frm you, then they should at least compensate the buyer.  It's not right that they get to keep something you paid for and then profit from reselling it at 100% profit.

Will bring this up in my next call with them.

May I suggest do a price request for the gun and see where the dealers end up? https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94354-ruger-pc-9-carbine/&tab=comments#

10 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Will bring this up in my next call with them.

Water under the bridge.  I have realigned my purchasing practices since then.  I used to spend a lot of money at PSA, now I just buy the hassle free loss leaders.

5 hours ago, Maksim said:

Is this an issue that they won't ship mag?  I can talk to someone at PSA to figure it out.  Don't see an issue with the gun going to an NJ FFL.

The issue is the SKU number says it comes with a 17 round magazine, so if the FFL in NJ sells it and the fuckers at ATF check the SKU they will see a dangerous 17 round magazined gun was sold. 

PSA is a great company started by an Iraq War Veteran and capitalist who is interested in arming all American citizens of sound mind and body.   He believes in making affordable arms and in particular ARs available.   Again, I don't care about the mag.  I want to know how reliable this is.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

The issue is the SKU number says it comes with a 17 round magazine, so if the FFL in NJ sells it and the fuckers at ATF check the SKU they will see a dangerous 17 round magazined gun was sold. 

Since when did you buy a tin foil hat?

I had the same issue with whomever  I bought my PC9 from nearly a year ago.  They wouldn't ship the 17rd magazine.  That might have bothered me if I had a pistol it would fit but being I didn't I just told them to ship the gun without the magazine.  I fully intended to use it with my Glock magazines anyway.  I wasn't going to spend money to have the Ruger mag made compliant anyway.

Great rifle BTW.  I've had 1 failure to eject in the first 500 rds. It shoots 3-5 inch groups at 100 yds with any ammo I've put through it.  I found NATO spec ball to be the most accurate.

You might consider buying it local depending on what you pay for a transfer fee.

10 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Hmm, just a wild guess, but... People that own Rugers.  That's a $30.00 mag that PSA will not compensate you for, that they will repackage and sell for 100% profit.

10 hours ago, Maksim said:

You are assuming people buying this gun already own Ruger SR9...

Actually, I have a SR9C, so I was considering this carbine, just so I could share mags. I get so pissed off every time I buy a new piece of "equipment" that I have to buy new mags for it too. It's a real PITA.

5 hours ago, siderman said:

This reminds me, did you get a chance or remember to ask the Ruger folk at Shotshow about expanding the mag swap ability? Hopefully one for the Beretta 92.

Yes.

They are looking at it, it has been brought up many times.  They were in quiet period (with earnings just released) but I suspect yes.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I had the same issue with whomever  I bought my PC9 from nearly a year ago.  They wouldn't ship the 17rd magazine.  That might have bothered me if I had a pistol it would fit but being I didn't I just told them to ship the gun without the magazine.  I fully intended to use it with my Glock magazines anyway.  I wasn't going to spend money to have the Ruger mag made compliant anyway.

Great rifle BTW.  I've had 1 failure to eject in the first 500 rds. It shoots 3-5 inch groups at 100 yds with any ammo I've put through it.  I found NATO spec ball to be the most accurate.

You might consider buying it local depending on what you pay for a transfer fee.

I'd say that's pretty darn good for a pcc, that's about what my cx4 does at 50 but it's most likely better than the shooter. What kind of drop are you seeing at 100 yds?

4 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I had the same issue with whomever  I bought my PC9 from nearly a year ago.  They wouldn't ship the 17rd magazine.  That might have bothered me if I had a pistol it would fit but being I didn't I just told them to ship the gun without the magazine. 

I spoke with 5 FFLs 2 at Oaks, one PA and two in NJ and they told me the gun couldn’t be shipped without a magazine. 

49 minutes ago, siderman said:

I'd say that's pretty darn good for a pcc, that's about what my cx4 does at 50 but it's most likely better than the shooter. What kind of drop are you seeing at 100 yds?

It's zeroed for 100, few inches high at 50.

39 minutes ago, BobA said:

I spoke with 5 FFLs 2 at Oaks, one PA and two in NJ and they told me the gun couldn’t be shipped without a magazine. 

I bought mine from one of the on line places (Kentucky Gun Company?).  They sent me an email saying they couldn't ship the gun with the 17 Rd magazine.  I told them to ship it without any they did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Fuck PSA

Edited to Add CDNN and anyone else who refuses to ship stuff to NJ.
RSR can suck my nuts as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

LOL When did the ATF Start checking Sku's?

FFS who told you this nonsense.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Underdog said:

PSA is a great company started by an Iraq War Veteran and capitalist who is interested in arming all American citizens of sound mind and body.   He believes in making affordable arms and in particular ARs available.   Again, I don't care about the mag.  I want to know how reliable this is.

If he really felt that way his company would not be suck jerk offs when it comes to LEGALLY shipping items to NJ.

He's not following any rules except his own.... As ffls we are federal and can take in anything legal in the united states regardless of state legality.

16 hours ago, Maksim said:

I can talk to someone at PSA to figure it out.

LOL

• Agree 2

BTW this entire PSA bullshit started when they hired a new compliance officer few years back... Only problem is the guy they hired is an idiot... I know this first hand after speaking to him and basically telling them to Fugg off when they mistakenly shipped me a deadly assault rifle then asked for it back.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Underdog said:

It's awesome. Extremely popular for matches near me.

psa sucks, shitty qc, and unless you go premium, you are wasting your money.  the lpk's suck, absolutely suck.  their lowers and uppers are fine however

that said, kentucky gun co is awesome!

also, they need to make this with the m&p adapter given it's the most popular handgun for several years running.  time to get away from that ugly ass glock...lol