david8613

H&k vp9 or h&k p30 v3

H&k vp9 or h&k p30 v3 that's the question everyone, I'm really stuck between both. I know, I know buy both! But I really want to focus on one right now. I would like to know your opinion, the pros and cons of these 2 excellent guns. 

This is why I love this forum, lots of good answers, it's going to be for home defense, and range time. I shot an h&k p30 awhile back and I remember liking it very much, But I'm more used to striker fired guns haven't shot a double action in a very long time. 

I have the VP9, VP9SK and the P30 aal 9mm.... All good guns. If you aim to carry, the SK, (I currently carry that one), range and home defense, the VP9 in 9mm, P30 if you want hammer goodness. All 3 are accurate guns....

Don't worry about the monkeys behind the curtains pushing non HK weapons, LMAO...:yahoo:

3 minutes ago, bhunted said:

I have the VP9, VP9SK and the P30 aal 9mm.... All good guns. If you aim to carry, the SK, (I currently carry that one), range and home defense, the VP9 in 9mm, P30 if you want hammer goodness. All 3 are accurate guns....

Don't worry about the monkeys behind the curtains pushing non HK weapons, LMAO...:yahoo:

YOU CANT SAY MONKEY!

• Haha 1

Since home defence is a primary objective, the P30 Lem would be my suggestion. There are so many pluses to this configuration for that objective. One of which is giving your brain that last bit of runway to make a shoot/no shoot decision. Some will say its not as fast as a striker fired trigger, I say SO WHAT, and my timer refutes that position anyway. But the real world safety advantages of this system outweigh the insignificant performance differences, real or imagined.

• Like 1

@Shane45 would know this as we passed around one HK P30L.

While the gun is not everything I would want, it is one of the only guns I regret selling.  It just does A LOT right.

Gun is stupid reliable, love the ergonomics and well, it is an H&K.  I had the regular V3 trigger which was not bad.  If you are a hammer guy, DA/SA, this one while certainly nowhere close to a nice CZ da/sa... can holds it own and feels better than a stock Sig DA/SA.

The downside is... the trigger. Stupid long takeup and some people are not fans of the paddle release which I actually like.  There is that hump in the middle of the trigger guard but it never bothered me.

Now that HK dropped the price on the gun, I feel it is a VERY good value and would likely pick one up again.

The VP9 was certainly evolutionary and provided a great Non-Glock DA only, striker fired gun.  Trigger feels completely different and one is not better than another.  The problem is, if you want striker fired, there are A LOT of guns out there now that can offer as good if not better trigger for less such as Walther PPQ or my choice, the CZ P10C.

Two very similar but very different guns.  Go shoot them both and see what you like.

The one thing to keep in mind with HK... the mags for both are the same, but STUPID expensive. 

I'm new to the gun world but going thru a similar comparison now.  I have a striker fired poly 9mm now, want a SA/DA or SA 9mm.  Looking at the p30 or a 92/1911.  I tried them out at the range this morning and the 92 came out on top for me as the trigger just felt right and ergo's were good.  My favorite is an HK45, so not saying anything bad about HK's!!!  

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

Since home defence is a primary objective, the P30 Lem would be my suggestion. There are so many pluses to this configuration for that objective. One of which is giving your brain that last bit of runway to make a shoot/no shoot decision. Some will say its not as fast as a striker fired trigger, I say SO WHAT, and my timer refutes that position anyway. But the real world safety advantages of this system outweigh the insignificant performance differences, real or imagined.

I know lots people say there is alot of advantages to da/sa system vs striker fire, but it takes time to learn that system good, that's why I think more people gravitate to striker easier quicker to learn. It's like the FORCE, dark side easy quick to learn more seductive, light side harder takes time to master but more powerful! Lol. Keep it coming, we learning alot here. 

45 minutes ago, david8613 said:

What's the difference between m1 vs m2?

M1 has an ambidextrous magazine paddle release, like the VP9.  Far superior to the push button release like on the M2.  

• Agree 1

VP 9 and when they are in stock buy a long barrel slide kit for an additional $450. Expensive but if your into competition shooting it might be something to consider. Essentially you will have 2 guns for the price of well....2 guns lol 

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/hk/en/Handgun-Parts/Handgun-Accessories/VP9L-Slide-Conversion-Kit/p/50254245