njpilot

Seems Benchmade Knives Has Stepped In It

Lots of people pissed with them and talking boycotts. Seems they are good with knives, but not so much with guns.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/the-tactical-industry-and-the-erosion-of-constitutional-rights/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=35153640a4-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-35153640a4-20726709#axzz5gH8PGpKW

Seems like they used to make small donations to conservatives, but now give larger sums to anti-gun dems.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/the-tactical-industry-and-the-erosion-of-constitutional-rights/#ixzz5gH9HWVDT 
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution 
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

It looks like starting in 2012, Benchmade increased political spending. They also ceased contributions to Conservative candidates and solely donated to Democrat candidates.

Benchmade donated to two primary state officials in 2017-2018.

The first is Rep. Kurt Schrader. He is the rep for Oregon’s 5th Congressional District. He is not a pro-2a official. In 2012 he was quoted by The Oregonian as saying:

“However, while the immediate focus will inevitably be to ban certain firearms and magazines, the problems we have are more deeply rooted in American society.”, after the Connecticut school shooting.

If that 2012 date looks familiar, that is where Benchmade’s political contributions switched from small donations to Conservative candidates, to more substantial contributions to Democratic candidates.

The second contribution is even more puzzling than the first. That donation was to Senator Martin Heinrich of NEW MEXICO. I scrubbed through all of Benchmade’s business listings and couldn’t find any business interests in that state.

Martin Heinrich is an interesting name. He is not well known, but he was one of the names in the hat for Hillary Clinton’s Vice-Presidential candidate for the 2016 election. This guy has MUCH scarier views on the Second Amendment.

In 2018 the Albuquerque Journal as saying:

“It doesn’t matter if you have a folding stock, it doesn’t matter if you have a pistol grip … but it does matter how the action cycles and how fast they (the weapons) can throw lead downrange, and how many times you can pull the trigger before you’re out of ammunition, Those are the functional things that are at the heart of what makes these (guns) so dangerous compared to other firearms.”

Yeah, this guy wants to forget targeting cosmetics and re-define language restricting firearms to function, capability and effectiveness.

Still always bewilders me who would show up with a decent rifle and hand it over for destruction.  Maybe a Kettle here and there, but don't we see these programs take in mainly broken junk?

But if they were decent pieces, why wouldn't the PD arrange with an FFL to resell them?  Its all about revenue.  Seems like taking your 2014 Honda to a scrapyard and saying to just go ahead and crush it because you can't drive at night very well.

I took up magnet fishing off LBI to pull up all those ARs you guys are dumping in boat accidents.  Next buyback comes out and I walk in with 50 of them, rusty, barnacled, with crab turds jamming the receivers.   :)

12 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

Still always bewilders me who would show up with a decent rifle and hand it over for destruction.  Maybe a Kettle here and there, but don't we see these programs take in mainly broken junk?

But if they were decent pieces, why wouldn't the PD arrange with an FFL to resell them?  Its all about revenue.  Seems like taking your 2014 Honda to a scrapyard and saying to just go ahead and crush it because you can't drive at night very well.

I took up magnet fishing off LBI to pull up all those ARs you guys are dumping in boat accidents.  Next buyback comes out and I walk in with 50 of them, rusty, barnacled, with crab turds jamming the receivers.   :)

To bad they were not AK ‘s or they would still work.