Wcordes

Hello From Cape May County

Hey there! Ask questions and enjoy your stay.  :D

Word of advice... ignore Zeke's "meatloaf blathering" (immediately above). For reasons most of us don't understand, he becomes obsessed and strangely insistent that people try his latest recipe fixation - like this abomination that uses pineapple to destroy an otherwise perfectly fine meatloaf (IMO).

Oh, and as long as we're talking about potholes to avoid around here... if asked... pls step lightly  on the Taylor Ham vs. porkroll question. (Btw: the proper and historically correct name is Taylor Ham. You're welcome!)

Other than those 2 issues, you should be safe. ;)

• FacePalm 1

2 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Welcome to this site.  Ask any and all questions.  Someone here will have the answers.  

Lots of helpful folks here, but be warned, not all of the answers you receive will be correct.

For example.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oh, and as long as we're talking about potholes to avoid around here... if asked... pls step lightly  on the Taylor Ham vs. porkroll question. (Btw: the proper and historically correct name is Taylor Ham.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1

Sort of like the same situation with a "hamburger"..........
No ham at all, just ground beef
Go figure......

AVB-AMG

To the O.P. - Welcome to NJGF.  We all are not always assholes, but do have our moments.....
BTW, I am trying to find liquor stores up in northern NJ that sell the really good beers from Cape May Brewing Co., but am not having much luck.  We make a point of seeking out local craft brews to try wherever we travel to.  Last year, my wife and I took the brewery tour of CMB at its Cape May Airport location and enjoyed a flight of their various available brews in their beer garden.  We both were very pleasantly surprised at how good they were!  To those who are interested, here is a link to their web site:

https://www.capemaybrewery.com/

1 hour ago, AVB-AMG said:

Sort of like the same situation with a "hamburger"..........
No ham at all, just ground beef
Go figure......

AVB-AMG

Apples to hand grenades my friend.

It is not called a Ham Burger, but a Hamburger. Important distinction.

If Pork Roll was also based on a dish from Hamburg, Germany, or even the Hamptons, NY, then yeah, you may be on to something to legitimize the use of ham in its name. But, as you know, it is not.

13 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Apples to hand grenades my friend.

It is not called a Ham Burger, but a Hamburger. Important distinction.

If Pork Roll was also based on a dish from Hamburg, Germany, or even the Hamptons, NY, then yeah, you may be on to something to legitimize the use of ham in its name. But, as you know, it is not.

It’s not that hammers like @Mrs. Peel lack intelligence, they just know so many things that are untrue...

@Wcordes:   See what you are getting into...
Warning.... Thread Drift Ahead:

This is getting out of hand:
AVB-AMG

Flying Fish Exit 7 Pork Roll Porter

Nothing highlights the North/South divide of New Jersey more than the breakfast sandwich debate: Egg, cheese and…???
Southern NJ folks call it pork roll, while further North, it’s called Taylor Ham.
Whatever you call it, it’s good!

(Edit: It has even spawned this silly beverage:)
Exit 7 – Pork Roll Porter is a dark brown, caramel porter from Flying Fish Brewing Co. in Somerdale, NJ. It features aromas of cocoa with hints of maple and smoke from the peat smoked barley. Flavors showcase chocolate, maple, toasted nuts and a bit of spice from the pork roll/Taylor Ham.

image.png.e074e6050a7c3bbb14264700bda4906d.png

On 2/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, AVB-AMG said:

Exit 7 – Pork Roll Porter is a dark brown, caramel porter from blah blah blah I drink wine and spit it out blah blah blah has flavors blah blah blah.....

Dude.  You are supposed to be, like, refined.  Why on God's green earth would you drink that swill.  I don't care if it correctly reflects the true and indisputable name of a delicious pork based breakfast, lunch and dinner foodstuff.  It's a gimmick, a tawdry contrivance.  You may be an idiot when it comes to politics and social policy, but I had held you in a higher regard on all other subjects.  Oh lord.  Pork roll swill.  Next thing ya know you will show up at the next shotgun shoot with a Chinese shotgun.

11 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Dude.  You are supposed to be, like, refined.  Why on God's green earth would you drink that swill.  I don't care if it correctly reflects the true and indisputable name of a delicious pork based breakfast, lunch and dinner foodstuff.  It's a gimmick, a tawdry contrivance.  You may be an idiot when it comes to politics and social policy, but I had held you in a higher regard on all other subjects.  Oh lord.  Pork roll swill.  Next thing ya know you will show up at the next shotgun shoot with a Chinese shotgun.

@Scorpio64:

I guess my attempt at a humorous sidebar failed with you....   my apology
Actually, I have never tried the Flying Fish - Exit 7 Pork Roll Porter and probably never will.
I agree that it is  contrived gimmick and just one more attempt of a beverage company to capitalize on the popularity of pork roll in NJ.

In any event, thank you for your backhanded compliment, even if we do not share our outlook on politics and social policy.

AVB-AMG