Sniper

GOV. MURPHY TO HOLD ANTI-GUN "ROUNDTABLE" FEB. 26 AT 2:30 PM

Would you leave NJ just because of guns?

or would you leave NJ because you found a job in a place where your money goes further, better weather, less taxation and gun rights are a fringe benefit of that?

7 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

or would you leave NJ because you found a job in a place where your money goes further, better weather, less taxation and gun rights are a fringe benefit of that?

Can I vote, all the above?

7 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

I would leave NJ because I want to retire in a place where your money goes further, better weather, less taxation, and gun rights would absolutely be a fringe benefit of that.  Taxes will continue to go up............but my pension will not.

8 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

I would leave NJ because I want to retire in a place where your money goes further, better weather, less taxation, and gun rights would absolutely be a fringe benefit of that.  Taxes will continue to go up............but my pension will not.

And this makes sense, moving solely for guns I wouldn’t do. In all honesty if we did have better gun laws in NJ my life wouldn’t change, sure I wouldn’t have to worry about breaking any laws but there’s still few places to shoot. My friends in other states where firearms are their lives, don’t have many options  for things to do besides go shooting. 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:25 PM, Greenday said:

Threatening to revolt because you might get IDed buying ammo? Threatening revolt because they might make you go through a background check every so many years? Threatening revolt because you have to have a FID to buy ammo? Moderates and liberals will not believe for a second that there needs to be a violent uprising to deal with that. If there was actually talks of confiscation sure but moderate America do not see these annoyances as major transgressions that people need to die over.

Just remember the word incrementalism in years to come and years that have passed .  Look at the big picture.  Not the here and now.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Just remember the word incrementalism in years to come and years that have passed .  Look at the big picture.  Not the here and now.  

Agree 100 percent. This is a steady chipping away of 2A rights. Honestly? Though I'm pro-2A, I am actually as (or even MORE) concerned by other trends... like the attacks on free speech, as seen on campuses - through the attempt to define any broad idea that activists don't like as "hate speech."  Campuses used to fight FOR free speech, not against it. 

So, when I look at this "roundtable" - though I'm outraged at the stupidity and ineffectiveness of the proposals themselves, I'm actually more concerned about the lack of representation for MY point of view. Murphy is blatantly ignoring a big chunk of his constituents... we have no "voice" in the halls of this government. That's a problem across the board and that's why he's been able to push through not only stupid gun laws, but frivolous taxes... and why he keeps kowtowing to public unions... because he has no angry voters at his closed, "by invitation only" events. He's acting despicably, like a despot.

This is happening too much - not just in NJ, but in the country at-large. It's a definite erosion of individual freedoms - speech, thought, RKBA, religion, privacy - all under a slow-rolling incremental attack from an increasingly dogmatic leftist movement that simply crushes opposing views. Case in point, tennis star Martina Navritalova (an icon of the LGBT movement), was recently THROWN OFF a non-profit board because she dared to challenge the new status quo and had the temerity to say that she believed transgender "women" athletes were "cheating". Off with her head! Not allowed. There is such craziness on the left right now. I can only hope voters see how uber-controlling this is... and that they reflexively pull away from it. The Dems need to tack back towards moderation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

Now 10 day waiting period for gun purchases in Congress......it's a little every day until the flood gates open.....omo.

Is this a mandatory 10 day waiting period for all firearms, or, is this a lengthening of the 3 day automatic go-ahead from 3 to 10  if NICS does not respond.

afaik, there is no federal 3 day waiting period.

42 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

...Case in point, tennis star Martina Navritalova (an icon of the LGBT movement), was recently THROWN OFF a non-profit board because she dared to challenge the new status quo and had the temerity to say that she believed transgender "women" athletes were "cheating". Off with her head! Not allowed...

As a lifelong tennis player, I suggest a solution: Three divisions: Men's tennis, Women's Tennis and a third bracket for all the Transitioning/Questioning people (which no one would watch). Just not sure where to put Serena. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, SIGMan Freud said:

As a lifelong tennis player, I suggest a solution: Three divisions: Men's tennis, Women's Tennis and a third bracket for all the Transitioning/Questioning people

All sarcasm aside, I've thought that MIGHT be a good solution. Yes, transgender people might be impacted negatively by having a somewhat bigger region to travel (in order to find other "like" competitors) - but why shouldn't they also be able to compete?

Hey, I was never a sporty type myself, but I deeply admire ALL the people who work so hard at athletics - and I think they should all be able to compete, they just need to compete "fairly" on a relatively even playing field based on inherent biology. Growing up as a man not only gives you a "weenie", but those male hormones also confer greater lung capacity, higher oxygenation in the blood, more muscle mass, and so on and so on - that's why, across the board, men's records are about 10 percent higher in ALL sports (with the sole exception of open water swimming). If it's not fair for a biological girl to start dosing herself with testosterone to enhance her performance, than it's certainly not fair for a biological man who has been awash in testosterone his whole life to suddenly claim "I'm a woman" and then compete with that unfair advantage.

This discussion reminds me that we need to stick together. I think we lose leverage when we only focus on things that only affect us directly. Shotgunner's not caring about rifle owners or those of us in NJ discounting nationwide restrictions that we Jerseyans already suffer under. Nationwide 10 round limit? Why should I care - we already have that! Background check for every sale? Got that too. They will keep going at us so that it's a death by a thousand cuts. And if the rest of the nation gets as bad as NJ, Governor Gopher will be emboldened to become the "safest" state by imposing a 5 round limit. Reality doesn't matter. You are statistically more likely to die falling out of bed than be killed by a rifle and twice as likely to die from a workplace fall than be killed by a rifle. But sanity has gone out the window. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oopsy!! Sorry, I just noticed I forgot which forum I was in. LOL! This got waaaay off-topic and I led that charge. (BAD MOD!) Let's try to get back on topic about the roundtable and any bills proposed.

Just wondering, can I delete YOUR posts? :mosking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SIGMan Freud said:

This discussion reminds me that we need to stick together. I think we lose leverage when we only focus on things that only affect us directly. Shotgunner's not caring about rifle owners or those of us in NJ discounting nationwide restrictions that we Jerseyans already suffer under. Nationwide 10 round limit? Why should I care - we already have that! Background check for every sale? Got that too. They will keep going at us so that it's a death by a thousand cuts. And if the rest of the nation gets as bad as NJ, Governor Gopher will be emboldened to become the "safest" state by imposing a 5 round limit. Reality doesn't matter. You are statistically more likely to die falling out of bed than be killed by a rifle and twice as likely to die from a workplace fall than be killed by a rifle. But sanity has gone out the window. 

Tell it to the Fudds. I’ve never been able to get one to budge. They are clueless about what’s happening and are certain it won’t happen to them. Equally as stubborn are the guys with one gun in their night stand. I believe NRA is our biggest chance at creating unity but I don’t see the effort there on the scale needed. 

19 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Yup.....this state has gone from a melting pot to a toilet...people and business are running away.....omo.

I think its probable we could get a republican Gov. nest time due to Beaver puss's actions but the house will probably remain the same.    

.....and you believe in the Easter Bunny too.....don't know where you live but here in Somerset county our neighborhood is changing to middle eastern with temples and mosques presently under construction....it's a new world here in NJ and you can thank the Clinton's......the Mary Jane thing and disarm is gonna nail it here and they know it......they couldn't give a crap about drugs.....it's all about votes folks.

For those of you who think Pennsylvania is the place to go, then you are sadly mistaken.   The last two antigun bills that just passed the House where voted "YES" by Pennsylvania representatives. 

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

I hate to sound so negative but it's reality....not one viable republican left in NJ government or in the wings....it's over folks.

True.  The only republican in Washington from New Jersey is Chris Smith, who just voted for the latest Democrat gun bill in the house.  Another RINO like Fitzpatrick in Bucks county Pennsylvania.  It was clear that the republicans had a lot of folks retiring in 2018 and that states like New Jersey and California were going to swing left.  However, a majority is still a majority and we are stuck with them, hopefully only until 2020.