YoungGun1967

Contacting NJ democratic representatives

I get regular updates from the NRA-ILA. They just notified me to write or call my representative about some bill going to congress. My representative in my area is that Kim that bumped out MacArthur. I see no sense in contacting him and I sure as hell don’t want to put my address out there. What do you all think?

I don't see much point in contacting our Dem reps.  They will just ignore us, and vote the party line.  FWIW, our senators are useless as well.  Republicans in NJ have virtually no voice (although there is still one Republican rep. left, for now). 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, YoungGun1967 said:

I get regular updates from the NRA-ILA. They just notified me to write or call my representative about some bill going to congress. My representative in my area is that Kim that bumped out MacArthur. I see no sense in contacting him and I sure as hell don’t want to put my address out there. What do you all think?

I don't see how it couldn't hurt to contact him.  When you click on the button that says "Take Action", it gives you a form letter where you put your name and e-mail address and off it goes.

I deleted the form letter and proceeded to write my own.  I mentioned the two studies, done by anti-gun groups, that stated that proposed legislation like HR 8 would have had no effect on the outcome in almost all of the recent mass shootings.  I cited some more statistics and ended the letter.  I wanted to keep it short because I don't know what kind of attention span he has.

On a positive note, I am maintaining my letter writing skills, such as they are, because its becoming a lost art.

• Agree 1