najemnikarmy

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Sport Rimfire Rifle, is the 25 round legal in NJ?

I searched the forums but I couldn't find the answer. Sorry if this was asked multiple times.

I'm going to buy this weapon to bring down to the range with me and have some fun. I see that the gun supports a 25 round magazine. I know the limit is 10 round but I thought I read somewhere that the .22 is exempt from the magazine ban.

Is the 25 round magazine legal in the state of New Jersey?

Thank you.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22-sport-rimfire-rifle

3 minutes ago, najemnikarmy said:

I searched the forums but I couldn't find the answer. Sorry if this was asked multiple times.

I'm going to buy this weapon to bring down to the range with me and have some fun. I see that the gun supports a 25 round magazine. I know the limit is 10 round but I thought I read somewhere that the .22 is exempt from the magazine ban.

Is the 25 round magazine legal in the state of New Jersey?

Thank you.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22-sport-rimfire-rifle

that would be for tube fed guns such as Marlin Model 60 and other lever actions (fed with tube).

Go ahead and do a price request and one of our awesome vendors will get back to you with a compliant model and a price.

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/forms/3-rifle-price-request/

Nope. Detachable magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds are illegal. If the 25 round magazine is blocked off so it can't accept more than 10 rounds, it's alright.

The exemption for .22lrs are tubular magazines. 

That being said, I love my M&P 15-22. Hell of a lot of fun and the ammo is cheap as hell so you can blast away at the range without hurting the wallet.

15 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Nope. Detachable magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds are illegal. If the 25 round magazine is blocked off so it can't accept more than 10 rounds, it's alright.

The exemption for .22lrs are tubular magazines. 

That being said, I love my M&P 15-22. Hell of a lot of fun and the ammo is cheap as hell so you can blast away at the range without hurting the wallet.

I think that's the biggest thing?  Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap.

Unfortunately in NJ you cannot take the fun to the next level and shoot them suppressed. =)  

When I purchased mine four years ago, it came with several factory full size mags that came  blocked to 10 rounds.  I like to shoot from a bench but the full size ones get in the way. So also subsequently purchased a bunch of the shorter dedicated 10 round S&W magazines for it.  Of course, mine is NJ Compliant(pinned stock, no muzzle devce, etc)