Maksim

Winchester 38 Special 130 Grain FMJ RECALL

Guys and gals, FYI... Winchester just issued a recall for 38 Special 130 Grain FMJ ammo.

Notice below.

PRODUCT WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE

WINCHESTER® 38 Special 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket

Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”) is recalling three (3) lots of 38 Special 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket centerfire ammunition.

Symbol: USA38SPVP

Lot Numbers: KF21, KL30 and KM52

Winchester has determined the above lots of 38 Special ammunition may contain incorrect powder charges. Ammunition with excessive powder charges may cause firearm damage, rendering it inoperable, and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury or death.

DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® 38 SPECIAL 130 GRAIN SYMBOL USA38SPVP WITH LOT NUMBERS KF21, KL30 or KM52. The ammunition Lot Number is ink stamped inside the right tuck flap of the 100-round carton as indicated here. The symbol is printed above the UPC bar code. 

image.png

To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol and Lot Number. If it is Symbol USA38SPVP with Lot Number KF21, KL30 or KM52, immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 844-653-8358 for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.

This notice applies only to Symbol USA38SPVP with Lot Numbers KF21, KL30 and KM52. Other Symbol or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.

If you have any questions concerning this 38 Special centerfire ammunition recall please call toll-free 844-653-8358, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 Attn: USA38SPVP Recall), or visit our website at www.winchester.com.

For more information contact [email protected]

Yikes.

I reload, so I appreciate how much room there is in a .38 special case for double/triple charges.

I think it's great that they're announcing the recall (and presumably giving people money to replace the bad ammo) but I suspect the great majority of purchasers will never get the memo.

Hope nobody gets a kaboom...

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Henry kaboom anyone?

Doubtful.  The recall is a little cagey, but it seems to indicate that the problem is an overcharge.  I don't think an overcharge would have blown-out the barrel all the way down by the muzzle.  Back by the chamber is more likely.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

Just 100 round boxes?

I have one box of 50 sitting in the crates, but really not going to check unless I have to. Only going to be shot in that Oswald revolver...

This was the message as it came through their media department. I am not sure if it is 50 round boxes too or only the 100 round bulk packs.

2 hours ago, Screwball said:

Well, my 50 round box is lot LH90. So all good.

For what it’s worth, the number on my box is USA4147. Same loading; 130 grain FMJ. They did USA Target Packs in 50s, same WB, just with patriotic graphics on it.

Good stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By NewYorkCentralRailroad
      Well folks, I'm back with another deal. I've seen what's been going on with 5.56 and .223 pricing, and I hate it as much as you do. I went to a gun show yesterday and people were selling Winchester Service Grade 5.56 for $0.65 per round for a 1000-round case. That's ludicrous, and AmmoSeek doesn't give much better prospects, so I'm here to give a few lucky people a deal. As of 10/23/2023, I will have in my possession 1500 rounds of Winchester White Box 5.56 in 150-round Range Packs. I don't need all of them, so I would like to give y'all some of them. The best deal for any 5.56 on AmmoSeek right now with free shipping is $0.51 per round for some Igman stuff. 
      I'm offering these packs at $73.50 per box, or $0.49 per round. That includes tax! This is the best price that I've found anywhere on the internet for LC 5.56. If you buy more, I might be able to work with you on the price a bit more. Again, I have 8 boxes right now, and will have a total of 10 boxes on Monday, so it's first come first serve. PM me to tell me how much you want, in multiples of 150. If you want all of it, first to post "I'll Take It" wins. 
      Ammo is currently in Philadelphia PA, but I can go anywhere on the PATCO, Atlantic City, SEPTA, or Northeast Corridor rail lines. I've delivered to Trenton and Pennsauken before, as well as all over SE PA. I also have a base in Essex County, if you live out there I can get there relatively easily too. I'm keeping the little Winchester stickers, sorry!

• By JackE
      6 boxes of 38 Special
      new in box; 50 rd per box
      Manufacturer prvi partizan
      LRN 158 gr
      $120 cash
      FID/DL required
      The first to post “I’ll take it” followed by PM wins the sale.

• By Henry1111
      WTS 30-06 Winchester SXR, new, never used, scope bases not mounted yet. Price $680 or BO

• By sunriseantiques
      We will be selling 19 firearms as part of our regular auction on April 13th.  All guns will be sold live and online starting at 9 AM.  The preview is on April 12th from 3-7 PM and April 13th starting at 7 AM.
      The address is 79 Old York Rd Chesterfield, NJ 08515.  http://sunrise-antiques.com or 888-639-4443.
      You can download our app for FREE from your app store of choice (Apple and/or Google Play)
       Apple App Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sunrise-antiques/id1069096666?mt=8 Android App Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bidwrangler.sunrise_antiques or bid online at http://sunrise-antiques.bidwrangler.com
      The computer based bidding now features simulcast.
      Lot:1 | Make:Air Pistol| Model: |Serial #: | Type:pistol| Caliber:.177 Lot:2 | Make:Iver Johnson| Model:n/a |Serial #:28472 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.32 Lot:3 | Make:Victor| Model:32 S&W |Serial #:61753 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.32 Lot:4 | Make:Bersa| Model:223 |Serial #:80096 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.22 Lot:5 | Make:H&R| Model:922 |Serial #:R2051 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.22 Lot:6 | Make:Stoeger Arms| Model:Luger |Serial #:20637 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.22 Lot:7 | Make:Colt| Model:Official Police 38 |Serial #:599210 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.38 Lot:8 | Make:Air Rifle| Model: |Serial #: | Type:rifle| Caliber:.177 Lot:9 | Make:Ithaca| Model:M-49 |Serial #:nsn | Type:rifle| Caliber:.22 Lot:10 | Make:Remington| Model:522 |Serial #:CL3 OJP | Type:rifle| Caliber:.22 Lot:11 | Make:Antique Shotgun| Model: |Serial #: | Type:| Caliber: Lot:12 | Make:Japanese Arisaka| Model:38 |Serial #:59118 | Type:rifle| Caliber:6.5mm Lot:13 | Make:Italian| Model:Carcano |Serial #:AS4576 | Type:rifle| Caliber:6.5mm Lot:14 | Make:J Stevens &CO| Model:25RF |Serial #:23355 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.25 Lot:15 | Make:Browning| Model:n/a |Serial #:46692 | Type:shotgun| Caliber:.12 Lot:16 | Make:Winchester| Model:M59 |Serial #:14835 | Type:shotgun| Caliber:.12 Lot:17 | Make:Browning| Model:n/a |Serial #:nsn | Type:rifle| Caliber:.22 Lot:18 | Make:Remington| Model:700 |Serial #:6729638 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.270 Lot:19 | Make:Browning| Model:n/a |Serial #:93288 | Type:shotgun| Caliber:.12

guns_april 13th 2018.pdf
    • By sunriseantiques
      We will be selling 87 guns and an antique during our March 9th 2018 gun auction.  Guns sell at 9 AM.  Details at http://sunrise-antiques.com.
      79 Old York Rd Chesterfield, NJ 08515 - auction starts at 9 AM, preview 7AM auction day or 03/08/ from 3-7 PM...
      Bid online!  You can download our app for FREE from your app store of choice (Apple and/or Google Play)
      1. Apple app download: https://itunes.apple...1069096666?mt=8   2. Android app download: https://play.google....unrise_antiques or
      go to http://sunrise-antiq...bidwrangler.com to bid online...

03292018 gun listingv6.pdf