ajr576

S&W Revolver Gunsmith in North/Central Jersey?

8 hours ago, ajr576 said:

I'm looking for a gunsmith that can do some work on one of my revolvers. Does anyone have a recommendation for an experienced S&W revolver gunsmith?

What do you need done?  If it's relatively simple, a forum member may be able to help you out.  If not, Alec or Bob will get you squared away.

I'm in Bergen County by Paramus and if I can help, feel free to reach out.  

Not in NJ, but right next door in Quakertown, PA. Close enough that you can drive there and hand deliver/pick-up the gun, saving quite a bit on shipping...

http://pinnaclehighperformance.com/

What is it that you need to have done? On what gun?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I appreciate the responses.

I've been on a bit of a revolver kick and recently picked up a 686+ Talo and I've got a 640 no dash .38 sitting at my FFL / waiting for the 31 day period to expire :mad:

The gun that might need some work is the 640. It's been carried and used but overall, it's in very good condition. I did give it a quick look over while I was picking up the 686 and noticed some endshake. I didn't have a lot of time with it but the cylinder also seemed to have a bit more side-to-side play than typical.

I'm really looking for an experienced gunsmith to go through it and address anything that might need to be done to bring it back to "like new" condition...minimize the endshake/tighten up the lockup, replace all of the springs and screws, and possibly glass bead blast it as well. 

I was doing some searches and ran across BC Armory's "Ultimate Duty Tune" package https://bcarmory.com/smith-and-wesson.html which seems to address anything that it might need at a very good price but wanted to see if there's someone local that could do the same so I could avoid the shipping costs. 

Thanks again, I'm planning to reach out to Pinnacle High Performance. They're about 90 minutes away (not a bad ride) so I can drive the gun out to them and avoid the shipping costs. Any issues with crossing state lines with a handgun?