Scorpio64

Downloadable First Aid & Survival Guides

I've been looking around for downloadable first aid and survival guides, but there is an ocean of them out there and I'm lost at sea.  Having little expertise on the subjects, it's hard to figure which are worth downloading.    I'm wondering if anyone has a good source for either or both.  What I've been mostly finding are basic guides with just a few pages, what I'd like to get is something a bit more comprehensive and searchable.

The objective is to build an information resource kit suitable for a smart phone, laptop or tablet.

Thanks @Sniper  Since my post, I stumbled across the mother load of prepper resource guides on a reddit page.  It has documents that cover everything from how to make a pointy stick to kill rabbits to how to make a pointy stick and smear it with poop to make a punji pit and what herbs to use medicinally if you step on a poo covered punji stick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It has documents that cover everything from how to make a pointy stick to kill rabbits to how to make a pointy stick and smear it with poop to make a punji pit and what herbs to use medicinally if you step on a poo covered punji stick.

Wow, if things get that bad, and we have to resort to that, I think it's time to order more ammo... :hunter:

• Haha 1

I've done a lot of reading, and have stashed some supplies, enough so thaat most people would probably think of me as a "Prepper" (if they knew about it, which of course they don't).  But I am hard-pressed to find the time and energy to get through all that material to get ready for something that is extremely unlikely to happen in my lifetime. I'd rather be out shooting!

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

But I am hard-pressed to find the time and energy to get through all that material to get ready for something that is extremely unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

Is your lifetime ending in the next year? If not, it might pay to plan a little better.

What's coming might not be "Mad Max", but when the next economic meltdown hits in the next year or so, the last thing you want to have to do is go shopping when the zombie hoards are out in force. If the economic meltdown turns into a Depression (which is has a good chance to do), there's going to be a hell of a lot of desperate and hungry people wanting your stuff.

Plan ahead or don't, your choice.

Were you ever a Boy Scout, by any chance?