JMich3

HR8 implication for home defense

I just read that under HR8 that if  an intruder is in my house and my wife shoots him with my gun she will automatically be charged with a felony. Anyone know if this is true? Can anyone explain to me how this helps keep anyone safe besides criminals, while jeopardizing innocents??

24 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

I just read that under HR8 that if  an intruder is in my house and my wife shoots him with my gun she will automatically be charged with a felony. Anyone know if this is true? Can anyone explain to me how this helps keep anyone safe besides criminals, while jeopardizing innocents??

You foolish boy!

The only people kept safe under HR8 are the politicians

Everyone else can go to Hell as far as they are concerned

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JMich3 said:

That is fake news.

This situation is specifically addressed.  See page 4, line 7 of the text of the bill.

The bill also exempts transfers between immediate family members and defines what immediate family is.

Do not construe this to be any endorsement of the bill.  It will have zero effect on crime, protecting the children, or "gun safety".

• Like 1
  • Agree 2