Krdshrk

Firearms ID/Pistol Permits system switches to the NJ FARS

3 hours ago, InFamous said:

Email is correct and he checked his spam.

Who is his actual email provider? Any chance they are blocking incoming email (some corporate systems do this) from the NJ Portal to him?

This is the first time we've seen this mentioned, one other person said their reference didn't get the email, but he entered the wrong one on the app.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, bennj said:

So I went to my local pd, Hamilton Twp., Mercer County. They are not using FARS yet. Did the criminal records check online, filled out applications for permits and the mental health check, signed them in front of the clerk, and paid for permits just like I have been doing. Turn around time has always been just within the 30 day window, except for the first time when I applied for a FPID too during the Obama years.

that was last week, its up running now at HTPD Mercer:

http://www.hamiltonnj.com/content/228309/228325/228899/default.aspx

Hamilton In May Landing (as of today) looks to be still doing it the old way with only the CHS online

http://hamiltonpd.com/online-services/firearms-forms.aspx

On 3/21/2019 at 5:59 PM, Sniper said:

Who is his actual email provider? Any chance they are blocking incoming email (some corporate systems do this) from the NJ Portal to him?

This is the first time we've seen this mentioned, one other person said their reference didn't get the email, but he entered the wrong one on the app.

He's using just a Yahoo email address so I would hope they wouldn't be blocking it. I used the "Contact Us" section on the website to ask what I should do on Thursday evening. Yesterday afternoon they replied back and said to contact my local PD. They can pull the application up and correct/resend the reference email. I probably won't get a chance to do that until Wednesday next week but I'll let you know what they say when I can get in touch with the Detective that handles the apps. 

Update on my permits.

Did the online form on March 4th, went to my PD on the 6th to turn in the Mental Health form. They told me they weren't processing the online form yet. Checked back with them on the 8th, and they said they would do the online form, and that I was the first one submitting that way.

Both references did the online form and I got email confirmation.

Received a email today my permits are ready to pick up. So, 3 weeks to complete, and I was the first test case in my town.

Now, the BIG question, what to buy.......

• Like 2

Applied for FID change of address and 2 pistol purchase permits.

Applied online 2/27/19

Received email that permits were ready on 3/9/19.

Stopped by PD today to pickup, detective demanded my old FID which I didn’t bring. Refused to release my new FID or purchase permits until I either filed a lost FID report or brought in my old FID.

Said it was a state police requirement to turn in old FID.  I asked if I could have the permits since they’re not tied to the FID, he refused, and scoffed at the idea that you could use the permits without an FID.

I have the old FID, will go back in a few days with it.  If there is anything “official “ that states you can use permits without an FID please link me, would like to give it to him so he can hopefully correct his misunderstanding.

Any other FID address changers out there encountering the requirement to surrender the old card?

I found this process to be really really easy. Everything worked as stated. I filed on 3/7 and my PD phoned me to come get my permits on 3/22. Which btw is typical for the small town I live in. So much easier compared to the old way I've had to do it in the past.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sniper said:

I didn't have to, I have my old card with the old address.

I didn't have to either, and I deal with a state police barracks.  At the time, the trooper told me there was no
"state" requirement to turn in the old FID.

Well this new system seems to work well in my town, I just picked up my permits and it was only 12 days start to finish. Happy with my results..

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, Sniper said:

Update on my permits.

Did the online form on March 4th, went to my PD on the 6th to turn in the Mental Health form. They told me they weren't processing the online form yet. Checked back with them on the 8th, and they said they would do the online form, and that I was the first one submitting that way.

Both references did the online form and I got email confirmation.

Received a email today my permits are ready to pick up. So, 3 weeks to complete, and I was the first test case in my town.

Now, the BIG question, what to buy.......

Bastard!:mad:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha ha ha... would you like one of mine? :yahoo:

YES!

We really don't need them anyway!

I have a feeling I should not have given them my own cell # to verify my employment! Long story but I just got back from Tampa Florida an hour ago and I asked my wife if any mail, phone call from PD and she said no so I WILL VISIT THEM TOMORROW!

31 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I have a feeling I should not have given them my own cell # to verify my employment!

Do you think employment even matters? I put down Retired, they don't even question it.

33 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Long story but I just got back from Tampa Florida an hour ago and I asked my wife if any mail, phone call from PD and she said no so I WILL VISIT THEM TOMORROW!

I never got a phone call that they were ready. It came in a email notification, just like all the other updates. I received zero calls from the PD. Did you check your spam or junk folders to see if anything was there?

35 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

We really don't need them anyway!

This is true. I better get off my ass and go find something I like, before they expire.

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Do you think employment even matters? I put down Retired, they don't even question it.

I never got a phone call that they were ready. It came in a email notification, just like all the other updates. I received zero calls from the PD. Did you check your spam or junk folders to see if anything was there?

I checked. I am sure they are holding me up over the employment verification since my boss ids impossible to get a hold of which is why I put my own # in the first place!

On 3/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, Sniper said:

Damn... false alarm.

Stopped in to pick up my permits finally today, since I received the email over the weekend. The clerk told me she typed them up, but they've been sitting on the Chief's desk all week, waiting for him to sign them.

I guess they'll just let the clock run out on the 30 days... So much for a new stream lined, electronic system, where you still have to wait for someone to do something manually...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Damn... false alarm.

Stopped in to pick up my permits finally today, since I received the email over the weekend. The clerk told me she typed them up, but they've been sitting on the Chief's desk all week, waiting for him to sign them.

I guess they'll just let the clock run out on the 30 days... So much for a new stream lined, electronic system, where you still have to wait for someone to do something manually...

What happened to all the:yahoo:?

So....The race is still on! I went to my PD yesterday and they said I was the first in my city to use the new system and that was the reason for the holdup since they did not know how to deal with it!  They told me I was all done and approved and my permits were on the Chief's desk just waiting on his signature. She said I  should have them by Monday.......We shall see!:unsure:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

They told me I was all done and approved and my permits were on the Chief's desk just waiting on his signature. She said I  should have them by Monday.......We shall see!:unsure:

They're knuckleheads... Mine have been sitting on the Chief's desk for a week, and I was the first one to use the system in my town too. What the heck, the Chief can't find 15 seconds to sign 3 permits in the course of a week? I know he ain't that busy!  :ireful:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

They're knuckleheads... Mine have been sitting on the Chief's desk for a week, and I was the first one to use the system in my town too. What the heck, the Chief can't find 15 seconds to sign 3 permits in the course of a week? I know he ain't that busy!  :ireful:

It's an excuse and that's it! I know my CLEO is pro 2A so it must just be laziness!

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

It's an excuse and that's it! I know my CLEO is pro 2A so it must just be laziness!

Has to be lazy. Funny thing, all the application stuff is done electronically but the clerk still has to manually type up the form in the end. So much for technology.

I'm trying to remember, does the 90 day clock start when the app is approved (and is now just sitting), or does it start the day the Chief signs them?

13 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Has to be lazy. Funny thing, all the application stuff is done electronically but the clerk still has to manually type up the form in the end. So much for technology.

I'm trying to remember, does the 90 day clock start when the app is approved (and is now just sitting), or does it start the day the Chief signs them?

The form is dated when it's typed up, not when it's signed. We do have the extension option to make up for that problem. I don't even know why I got the stupid permits anyway! I am lacking a 1911 in my collection and a Luger P08 would be nice but I don't need either!

I really need a hobby change! I may go back to Swiss watches or even buy a bigger boat! Any hobby has to be cheaper than this gun hobby!

Where the hell do they even find the manual typewriters to do the forms in the first place? They don't exist anymore!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I don't even know why I got the stupid permits anyway!

Ha ha, me too. Even since I applied, I haven't decided. Thinking maybe getting a wheel gun, even though I have hardly any interest in them. Maybe another compact 9mm, maybe a 22LR since I have plenty of ammo for it, maybe a Beretta .40 so I can share mags,.. I have no idea.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I really need a hobby change!

Ha, I have a big project I'm starting outside, but was waiting for the weather to warm up a bit, so I applied for the permits to give me something to do and see how long this new process takes.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Where the hell do they even find the manual typewriters to do the forms in the first place? They don't exist anymore!

You're reading my mind. They must use it only for these forms. Heck, how many companies even use NCR forms these days?

• Like 1