Krdshrk

Firearms ID/Pistol Permits system switches to the NJ FARS

still waiting since june on lindenwold. state finished their stuff in mid/late june........talked to office at lpd 2 days ago and was told probably another week or 2.......

THIS is what the suits should be filed over, not the carry permits. get us to the point where we can purchase like free america first.......

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, leo-польд said:

I am in Franklyn Township, it is over 10 days already and I am not sure if it is normal these crazy days. Last year it took 7days before Christmas here, very quick. Anyone from Franklyn sent for pistol permits while covid?

I am in Franklin Township as well. I applied for my pistol permits 10/16 and I am still waiting. All of the checks were completed by 10/21. If you call the officer listed on the township web site the voice mail message states, "Due to the unprecedented demand there is a 2-3 month wait. Please do not leave a message." 

I expected a bit of delay due to the pandemic, however this is beyond ridiculous!

Just submitted application for 3 p2p today, will let you know the wait time in Brick township. 

Anyone reading this, when the guys here tell you to buy a gun safe that can hold twice the amount of firearms you think you will buy, they are lying to you! Buy a safe that can hold 4x the firearms you think you will buy.  LOL.....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Redeye65 said:

Just submitted application for 3 p2p today, will let you know the wait time in Brick township. 

Anyone reading this, when the guys here tell you to buy a gun safe that can hold twice the amount of firearms you think you will buy, they are lying to you! Buy a safe that can hold 4x the firearms you think you will buy.  LOL.....

You are right about the safe size!  I too am sitting on 3 permits.....Trouble is, there is nothing out there to buy!  The shelves I've seen are mostly bare.  With prices high and selection all but gone, I fear I may end up throwing my permits away unused! I wish you good luck in your search once you get your permits.:)

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I too am sitting on 3 permits.....Trouble is, there is nothing out there to buy!  The shelves I've seen are mostly bare.

With prices high and selection all but gone, I fear I may end up throwing my permits away unused!

I also have 3 in the process. Everything has gone through, just waiting for the PD to get off their butts and issue them.

Also seeing really light inventory, so it might be tough to find what I want. I let one or two permits expire last year, thinking I could just reapply, now I kicking myself that I didn't pull the trigger and use them.

If we only had a crystal ball to see the future..

• Agree 1

I'm in East Brunswick. I just got an email yesterday that my pistol purchase permits were approved. Been waiting since September. I called my PD and they said that since I applied before October when they moved to electronic permits, that I will still be getting paper permits mailed to me.

Another great job by West Milford PD.

Application submitted on Wednesday 03/02.

Both my references received an email within a few minutes of my submitted application.  Both completed the questionnaire immediately.

On Tuesday, 3/3 email received that Criminal History Check was completed.  Stopped at PD and paid for my permits.

On Wednesday, 3/10 received an email stating permits approved and to expect an email shortly from NJSP advising that the permits are active…….

3/11….Received email from NJSP .

8 days from application submittal to notice that permits complete…..

An additional 1 day for the permits to be active. So 9 days in total 

Never have had an issue with West Milford PD in completing permit. My experience with West Milford PD has been:

Initial FID & 3 permits…..21 days

3 permits…………………8 days

3 permits…………………11 days

3 permits…………………9 days

Fastest turn around ever for me. Also submitted (including references) on March 2nd. Got the approval email with confirmation number this morning. I go through NJSP Hamilton (Mercer County) Barracks. Pre-digital Permit typical turn around time was 2-4 months, even with FARS. I like to always have at least one permit on hand in case I stumble upon a good deal, so I apply on average 2-3 times a year.  

Co-worker was not pleased with me when I told him this morning. He is around day 33 going through Forked River. 

I still consider the entire process unconstitutional and want it abolished. That doesn't prevent me from being pleased to see an improvement.