Sniper

Where's The Panic - It's Snowmageddon? Everyone Have Their Bread, Eggs and Milk?

It started snowing here around 5pm. We thought we were well prepared but doubts began to form as the snow started to crest the blades of grass. How would we ever survive?  Thank god our governor declared an emergency. I’m heading up to the roof to prepare for the helicopter that will be necessary when it is our turn to evacuate. 

46 minutes ago, BobA said:

EGGS!  It's bread and milk.  Nobody said anything about eggs.  Eggs are new.  Nobody tells my nothing.  Now I gotta go back out.  Damn. 

How else are you going to make piles of French Toast? Doesn't everyone eat French Toast during a blizzard?  :yahoo:

Just drove back from Phillipsburg to Bridgewater.  78 was getting slick.  Passed a couple of plow trucks but they were still only spreading brine, which is useless as it's turning into slush now - needs to be salt.  I didn't see any trucks earlier at 3PM when I went out west.  

There were definitely some spots that were getting snow covered and very slick - stick to the right/center lanes if you're out on the road tonight.  

Heh.  So Had zero issues getting from Phillipsburgh back to north of Easton, roads were clear.  The only issues were the last 4 miles passing through Forks/Tatamy where the roads were not even touched, and going up and down hills.  Interestingly, less snow on the ground here than in Pburg. 

Wonder if North Jersey not freaking out cause snow has been a regular occurrence this entire winter while Central and South Jersey have been largely spared. 

Chart at the top says we should have got 5”... Howell/Freehold.

Took the pup out to pee before bed (well, after The Walking Dead), and maybe an inch of soggy snow on back patio. If there is 2 inches on the grass... I’d be shocked. Probably an inch and a half. Rain completely now.

I tell you, I’m getting annoyed with the crappy reporting. I actually can’t wait for winter in ME, and get some actual snow... instead of this weak crap.

35 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Took the pup out to pee before bed (well, after The Walking Dead), and maybe an inch of soggy snow on back patio. If there is 2 inches on the grass... I’d be shocked. Probably an inch and a half. Rain completely now.

We've been all rain, not even a coating. I was hoping for a few inches so the pup can play in it.

36 minutes ago, Screwball said:

I tell you, I’m getting annoyed with the crappy reporting.

Being a weatherman has to be the best job. You can be 100% wrong with the forecast, and still have a job the next day.