Bully

I Swear!!! I Didn't Mean To!!!

I met a buddy and off to the range we went.  We're both members of CR but didn't want to take the 45 minute ride each way so we went to a local, indoor range.  Just to pop some rounds off and function test a couple of pistols that we have been working on.  I recently did a couple of upgrades to my Kimber 9mm 1911 and wanted to see if it would run with steelcase Wolf (it did) out of the new mags I bought for it.  

I swear to all that I was not looking to buy a new gun...

I walk in and see in the case a box for a pistol that I have long admired and would put on my "Grail Gun" list.  So, we pay for the hour and I casually ask if indeed that gun exists.  "Yup" says the cheery gentleman behind the counter.  "May I take a look?" I ask.  "Yup" he replies.  He rummages around and then produces exactly what was advertised.  I look it over and it looks really good.  I then flip the price tag over...  

I will be bringing a Whitney Wolverine home as soon as the permit comes in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Wolverine

https://www.gunsamerica.com/950096978/WHITNEY-WOLVERINE.htm

37 minutes ago, Bully said:

I met a buddy and off to the range we went.  We're both members of CR but didn't want to take the 45 minute ride each way so we went to a local, indoor range.  Just to pop some rounds off and function test a couple of pistols that we have been working on.  I recently did a couple of upgrades to my Kimber 9mm 1911 and wanted to see if it would run with steelcase Wolf (it did) out of the new mags I bought for it.  

I swear to all that I was not looking to buy a new gun...

I walk in and see in the case a box for a pistol that I have long admired and would put on my "Grail Gun" list.  So, we pay for the hour and I casually ask if indeed that gun exists.  "Yup" says the cheery gentleman behind the counter.  "May I take a look?" I ask.  "Yup" he replies.  He rummages around and then produces exactly what was advertised.  I look it over and it looks really good.  I then flip the price tag over...  

I will be bringing a Whitney Wolverine home as soon as the permit comes in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Wolverine

https://www.gunsamerica.com/950096978/WHITNEY-WOLVERINE.htm

Can you fill us in on how much something like this goes for?

38 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

Can you fill us in on how much something like this goes for?

Gunbroker has 3 for around 1200+.  The one on Armslist, the guy is asking 1975.  I didn't pay that much.  Mostly because I can't.  Nor would I, honestly.  Very few handguns are worth that to me.  

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Maksim said:

So... it is unique... can you share why it is appealing?  Or just that it is now rare?

Unique is enough to be appealing to many. A deal on a gun that otherwise attracts a $1000 price tag is a decent investment. They're not making any more, and it doesn't have the mass appeal of a (currently way overpriced) Python, so the market isn't necessarily artificially inflated. Why not buy it?

And it looks like a space blaster as Krdshrk said. ;)

Thanks guys. 

@Maksim at this point in the game I’m buying things that appeal to me simply because they do. No other reason  than that. And honestly, given what I am getting it for I may shoot a mag or two through and sell it, take the money and buy a mill. 

Saying it looks like a Neos hurts my soul a little bit. Just a little bit. 

Olympic Arms made a copy of the Whitney out of polymer. It’s an abomination, IMHO. That said, it too has gone up in price. Not dramatically but they were pretty commonly seen at 200ish.