45Doll

Only $50 For Handgun Purchase Permits

2 hours ago, Heronimo42 said:

I end up losing this fight (I vote for pro 2A candidates, am an NRA member, have donated to varios NJ Firearms orgs and write letters to state reps), I'd pay up to $10.  But that's me, I realize it shouldn't even an issue. 

I was trying to come up with any other constitutional right that has a fee or pay for play attached to it.  

then he'll ask you for 100 bucks.

every single law concerning firearms is illegal in nj. we need 1 or 2 to get to a normal scotus, and i think all of the laws here would fall.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Can't we get some good oppo research on the people sponsoring these bills?

I like the thought of brass knuckles response, but in NJ? Where we have a Senator who slept with underage prostitutes paid for by a political donor? Libs only care about control and ethics be damned. 

1 hour ago, BobA said:

It’s actually cheaper to get a permit to purchase a handgun, $2, than it is to get a dog license in many of our communities.”

Hey Murphy, if I buy a dog license for my poochie, can I let him chew on your face?  :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, BobA said:

I'm not convinced those purchases equal the amounts most get on line or at shows.

They probably don't. I bet people buy a few boxes at Dick's, where when they buy online, they buy cases.

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

Who actually buys a dog license?  Non-compliance has to be upwards of 99%

That’s true. Dog control is ramped. What they need is more dog safety laws. They should start with a 25% tax on Vet visits. And don’t get me started on cats. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I dunno, this is NJ and there are fees to be collected.   Our town sends people out looking for dogs at addresses where no dog license has been issued, then sends out summons.  Ask me how I know...

• Agree 1

Just now, 10X said:

I dunno, this is NJ and there are fees to be collected.   Our town sends people out looking for dogs at addresses where no dog license has been issued, then sends out summons.  Ask me how I know...

You mean....red flag laws for dogs?

26 minutes ago, BobA said:

That’s true. Dog control is ramped. What they need is more dog safety laws. They should start with a 25% tax on Vet visits. And don’t get me started on cats. 

Fug that. Have you ever taken your pet to the vet.

21 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Tell me how to change the minds of our legislators? Write letters, email or call them? Protest in person? It never worked in the past, what makes you think it will work now?

SCOTUS IS our only hope.......FACE IT!

Armed revolution...comes to mind

• Like 2

They actually asked Steve Sweeney about this on Ask the Senate President tonight on NJ101.5.  He says he's opposed to it.  His exact words were "haven't we done enough to the gun owners?"

He acknowledged the problem is not with the law abiding gun owners but the ones on the street that weren't paying the fees.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Not me... screw them.

1 hour ago, BobA said:

They should start with a 25% tax on Vet visits.

Careful there dude, my dog is nicer than 75% of the people I meet on the street.

2 hours ago, BobA said:

And don’t get me started on cats. 

Can't they be sent to the local Chinese restaurant, one way?

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

Have you ever taken your pet to the vet.

Exactly!! We should be able to declare them as dependents on on our taxes. What I've spent on my pup the last year or so would have bought a nice car.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

They actually asked Steve Sweeney about this on Ask the Senate President tonight on NJ101.5.  He says he's opposed to it.  His exact words were "haven't we done enough to the gun owners?"

He acknowledged the problem is not with the law abiding gun owners but the ones on the street that weren't paying the fees.

Wow.... Murphy is making Sweeney look good in a relative sense.

In any case, imo the correct response to this is to leave the state if you can and take all of your money with you.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Wow.... Murphy is making Sweeney look good in a relative sense.

In any case, imo the correct response to this is to leave the state if you can and take all of your money with you.

I agree, but go where?

PA will fall in a few years, after that is TX. (Look at CO, the infection is spreading)

Without a second battle of Trenton, we have no hope.

Somebody suggested earlier, instead of pro 2A I think we should start giving our money to the liberals,  it might work if we buy them.

28 minutes ago, Bowling Ball said:

I agree, but go where?

PA will fall in a few years, after that is TX. (Look at CO, the infection is spreading)

Without a second battle of Trenton, we have no hope.

Somebody suggested earlier, instead of pro 2A I think we should start giving our money to the liberals,  it might work if we buy them.

I don’t see a way to win in NJ that doesn’t involve civilzation ending violence.

PA.  If enough sane conservatives move to PA, perhaps it will help fortify that state.  Remember that Trump won PA.  He will likely win there bigger this time around.  

That’s where I am headed as soon as possible.

And while the country is in fact under siege by Marxists and foreign invaders, I keep wondering what it will take precisely to cause Americans to see that nothing is more important than retaining their liberty.  10 to 15 million pissed off citizens willing to forcibly take back control of the country and restore our rights and national sovereignty would be a serious problem for the Marxists. 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, wreckless said:

And Florida has better weather

Yea... except for those hurricanes that regularly pass through. And the terrible income if you move down there without a pension.

Florida is great for retirement... but not great for those still working.

48 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Yea... except for those hurricanes that regularly pass through. And the terrible income if you move down there without a pension.

Depends what you do as far as income. My girl is in healthcare and got a pretty good raise when we moved here. Also, there is no state income tax, which can be a substantial savings and housing prices, property taxes and homeowners insurance are all substantially lower here than what we paid in NJ.

sold a 1576 sq ft House with 2 bedrooms in NJ and bought a 2104 sq ft House with 4 bedrooms, on a pond for less money than Jersey house. Property tax is half and insurance a few hundred less. 

YMMV

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:00 PM, Sniper said:

Hey Murphy, if I buy a dog license for my poochie, can I let him chew on your face?  :scratchhead:

They probably don't. I bet people buy a few boxes at Dick's, where when they buy online, they buy cases.

DOESN'T MATTER. they still pay with credit card. the information that credit card companies have on people buying habits and history is a treasure trove. 

11 hours ago, Screwball said:

Hurricane Sandy caused more damage to our farm in NJ then Hurricane Irma did to the home in FL. Life is a gamble anyways.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, Krdshrk said:

As I suspected and mentioned in a previous post. Sweeny might be our only hope. There was word he was letting the mag ban and p2p go in and that’s it.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:25 PM, PK90 said:

There are maybe 46 or so better States that have less restrictions than NJ. Take your pick.

For guns but not for anything else.

1 hour ago, wreckless said:

Hurricane Sandy caused more damage to our farm in NJ then Hurricane Irma did to the home in FL. Life is a gamble anyways.

If hurricanes don’t bother you 

try to get a good bagel or slice of pizza

let’s not even talk about porkroll 

24 minutes ago, remixer said:

As I suspected and mentioned in a previous post. Sweeny might be our only hope. There was word he was letting the mag ban and p2p go in and that’s it.

For guns but not for anything else.

If hurricanes don’t bother you 

try to get a good bagel or slice of pizza

let’s not even talk about porkroll 

Pork Roll is in Publix. I don't like bagels. The pizza I give you but the trade off for freedom? Priceless. I own NFA things now. Could never do that in NJ. I'd rather have a suppressor, SBR, or MG rather than a good pizza. I get to buy firearms on an impulse now. No permit or FID required. Gunshows have guns and you can buy them. How novel. Nope, I'll take a hard pass on pizza. I can always fly north fo $79.99 roundtrip for a fix.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wreckless said:

Pork Roll is in Publix. I don't like bagels. The pizza I give you but the trade off for freedom? Priceless. I own NFA things now. Could never do that in NJ. I'd rather have a suppressor, SBR, or MG rather than a good pizza. I get to buy firearms on an impulse now. No permit or FID required. Gunshows have guns and you can buy them. How novel. Nope, I'll take a hard pass on pizza. I can always fly north fo $79.99 roundtrip for a fix.

In all honesty moving to a free state is something the individual would have to figure out.

there are many factors one would need to contemplate.

Do you have school age children, Do you like Seasons, Do you like the convenience of  having everything within a 5 mile drive.  

Then there's this.

You choose to move to a free state with lower taxes and no gun controls. That state is very desirable.... Is it also Desirable to liberals?   If it is then moving solely based on the freedoms of gun owners is a non starter. At some point those states very well might see a shift in local politics. Its a story that has been told time and time again. 

Look at Pa.  with the influx of NY and NJ assholes bringing there same political retardation they had in their home states is turning PA into those same states. At some point in the next 5 years i think PA will (for gun owners) not be much better then NJ since its controlled by a couple large cities with major populations compared to the rest of the state.

Here are some others that have been slowly moving left. Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas (Yes TEXAS), Florida ,Virginia and i can go on... While they are not Solid Blue they are certainly no longer solid red they are very much purple. Even if the majority of the states population remains Red the cities are the places where the vote gets out. Its much easier to mobilize voters in large districts then it is in the burbs.

Im not at all saying those states will become NJ soon or even in the next 20 years but its not looking all that good.  Remember you are dealing with people who have a free stuff mentality.  Then take into account HUD moving poorer people to the burds under the light of fair housing... You think its for housing? Hell no its for votes... They already win local elections in the cites by 80%.. they can afford to lose 10% by moving those people to the burbs and still control the city and make a dent in the burbs as well. You think these people vote for guns or free stuff...

Anyone thinking of moving with a long term goal needs to choose a state that those liberals would not want to live in... In fact you can't even choose  a state next to a liberal one as its only 1 state away.. the rule should be 2 states... Find me a state with freedom that does not border a liberal state (Or Gaining Liberals) and thats where you put the pin on where to move.

Montana  Alabama,  Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky? Even some of those touch liberal states.

Then of course there is the Federal Government and at some point the democrats winning control.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, remixer said:

In all honesty moving to a free state is something the individual would have to figure out.

there are many factors one would need to contemplate.

Do you have school age children, Do you like Seasons, Do you like the convenience of  having everything within a 5 mile drive.  

Then there's this.

You choose to move to a free state with lower taxes and no gun controls. That state is very desirable.... Is it also Desirable to liberals?   If it is then moving solely based on the freedoms of gun owners is a non starter. At some point those states very well might see a shift in local politics. Its a story that has been told time and time again. 

Look at Pa.  with the influx of NY and NJ assholes bringing there same political retardation they had in their home states is turning PA into those same states. At some point in the next 5 years i think PA will (for gun owners) not be much better then NJ since its controlled by a couple large cities with major populations compared to the rest of the state.

Here are some others that have been slowly moving left. Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas (Yes TEXAS), Florida ,Virginia and i can go on... While they are not Solid Blue they are certainly no longer solid red they are very much purple. Even if the majority of the states population remains Red the cities are the places where the vote gets out. Its much easier to mobilize voters in large districts then it is in the burbs.

Im not at all saying those states will become NJ soon or even in the next 20 years but its not looking all that good.  Remember you are dealing with people who have a free stuff mentality.  Then take into account HUD moving poorer people to the burds under the light of fair housing... You think its for housing? Hell no its for votes... They already win local elections in the cites by 80%.. they can afford to lose 10% by moving those people to the burbs and still control the city and make a dent in the burbs as well. You think these people vote for guns or free stuff...

Anyone thinking of moving with a long term goal needs to choose a state that those liberals would not want to live in... In fact you can't even choose  a state next to a liberal one as its only 1 state away.. the rule should be 2 states... Find me a state with freedom that does not border a liberal state (Or Gaining Liberals) and thats where you put the pin on where to move.

Montana  Alabama,  Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky? Even some of those touch liberal states.

Then of course there is the Federal Government and at some point the democrats winning control.

Okay.........So what's the GOOD news!  Screw State's laws! The 2nd Amendment is a Federal right and the way the Dems are going, we could win big in 2020! Win the House and Senate with enough votes to actually get things passed and get another good SCOTUS Justice. That's when and only when, we might see national reciprocity,  an end to mag limits and such.

Our 2A future lies with the Federal government. Not the states!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wreckless said:

Yea... and if you are gambling on hurricanes making direct landfall, Florida has a lot higher chance than NJ. Same could be said for most Gulf states, as well as the East coast up through the Carolinas. That’s like saying you moved from NJ because of a minor earthquake, and picked a spot right on the San Andreas fault.

I’m really glad for some of you that speak so highly of Florida. Wish you the best with that... but it isn’t the paradise everyone makes it out to be.

I tried to make it work in NJ, but glad I looked elsewhere before starting a career that I’d be really stuck here. Got lucky, considering it was prior to Murphy... but the writing was on the wall years back.

Go north... snow. Go south... hurricanes. Go west... tornadoes. Go farther west... earthquakes. Mudslides and flooding are also sprinkled across parts of the country.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The 2nd Amendment is a Federal right and the way the Dems are going, we could win big in 2020! Win the House and Senate with enough votes to actually get things passed and get another good SCOTUS Justice. That's when and only when, we might see national reciprocity,  an end to mag limits and such.

You're forgetting.. we won big in 2016 with a Republican President and Congress. How did that work out for us the past two years? Enjoying your national reciprocity that the House voted on but the Repub Senate refused? How about getting your 30 round mags back? Oops...

Thinking that NEXT time will be the ticket is the definition of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a  different result. Nothing will come from the voting booth in the future, that ship has sailed.

If you want your freedoms back, it's going to have to come from OURS hands this time.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Our 2A future lies with the Federal government. Not the states! 

And that's why you're not going to see it change.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There are places here in Jacksonville and St. Augustine that I have found bagels and pizza on par with NJ. 

As far as hurricanes go, I remember reading a report years ago that more people died from the cold, snow and ice in northeast winters than tornadoes, earthquakes or hurricanes.