45Doll

Only $50 For Handgun Purchase Permits

37 minutes ago, remixer said:

While some will find a solution by not buying guns in Nj (as was recommended by the owner of this forum) it’s not a solution for handguns.  It will also open up another door for the left to make it illegal to purchase a rifle out of state and transported to NJ.  If you think the left will not continue to learn how people will get around these stupid laws think again. 

Once they are able to limit out of state pickups of firearms they will then go after transfers of firearms into Nj.

I really do hope they try to make a law like that... as I really do doubt that NJ would even see that as Constitutional. NJ can not enforce a law outside of their jurisdiction. I would think that would be one of the first gun laws struck down by NJ courts.

Even with an FFL-03, the standard is firearms acquired outside of your state must be compliant with all applicable laws (Federal, if they wave stamps due to C&R status; State; local). If Federal law allows citizens (non-FFLs) to buy long guns out of state, that state (let’s say PA or DE) would have to put a law in place to ban NJ residents from acquiring firearms within the state. NJ doing it would be pointless. Would be like saying NJ residents cannot carry outside of NJ... no matter of permits or individual state laws (Constitutional Carry).

Or they would really have to tighten down on transportation law... be even still, as long as you drive straight home from the border (if you have an FFL that would transfer without FID; and same situation occurs when I purchase a handgun out of state), what law are you breaking? “Reasonable deviation” doesn’t apply out of state, so you are technically driving from gun shop to home... even if you stop at a strip club in PA (judging PA firearm laws are respected). Legally acquired firearm, being brought home. As long as you don’t have something like an M1 Carbine... there is nothing I can see as wrong.

Feel bad for what NJ gun owners/FFLs are going to have to face... but I’m less than a month out. If everything works out, I hopefully will have anywhere between 25 to 90 acres to mess around on... with less of a monthly mortgage/taxes than some people here pay just in taxes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

This NJ Forum has become nothing but a crying towel.......cannot see this continuing without a breaking point...omo.

There is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. 

I as do many others have a lot to lose,  therefore we're not dangerous,  the government knows this,  hence they trample on our unalienable rights. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Screwball said:

I really do hope they try to make a law like that... as I really do doubt that NJ would even see that as Constitutional. NJ can not enforce a law outside of their jurisdiction. I would think that would be one of the first gun laws struck down by NJ courts.

Even with an FFL-03, the standard is firearms acquired outside of your state must be compliant with all applicable laws (Federal, if they wave stamps due to C&R status; State; local). If Federal law allows citizens (non-FFLs) to buy long guns out of state, that state (let’s say PA or DE) would have to put a law in place to ban NJ residents from acquiring firearms within the state. NJ doing it would be pointless. Would be like saying NJ residents cannot carry outside of NJ... no matter of permits or individual state laws (Constitutional Carry).

Or they would really have to tighten down on transportation law... be even still, as long as you drive straight home from the border (if you have an FFL that would transfer without FID; and same situation occurs when I purchase a handgun out of state), what law are you breaking? “Reasonable deviation” doesn’t apply out of state, so you are technically driving from gun shop to home... even if you stop at a strip club in PA (judging PA firearm laws are respected). Legally acquired firearm, being brought home. As long as you don’t have something like an M1 Carbine... there is nothing I can see as wrong.

Feel bad for what NJ gun owners/FFLs are going to have to face... but I’m less than a month out. If everything works out, I hopefully will have anywhere between 25 to 90 acres to mess around on... with less of a monthly mortgage/taxes than some people here pay just in taxes.

They do it with Handguns.. They can require "registration" of long guns as well...

NJ can attempt to make all guns not Registered in NJ illegal hence requiring you to have ALL guns regardless of where you purchased them handled by an FFL or NJSP retail firearms lic holder. What would stop them from requiring the FFL to value that firearm based on MSRP for example and tax it at that point. Im not saying it will happen or if it would even pass court challenge what i'm saying is never doubt what they will do for gun control and money grab.

Never ever put it past these people regardless if its constitutional.  It seems in NJ the constitution has little meaning since most NJ courts will ignore it and the Supreme Court seems to have little care for the people of NJ... this has been proven time and time again.

The left will do anything for the end result..   

I think it's "The End Justifies the Means".

That statement tells the tale. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

This NJ Forum has become nothing but a crying towel.......cannot see this continuing without a breaking point...omo.

There is a breaking point... What that point is no one knows...  Is it a 50.00 permit fee? $400.00 non existent carry permit fee or the fact we pay the highest property taxes in the nation...  If $15000 - $20000 a year in property taxes on a regular house (not ultra Rich) did not do it will a permit fee be the breaking point... I doubt it.   Even with all this we will have a voting block that lazy and uninformed.   Just so you know.... Its been many months since the mag limit was signed and we still get people asking "If" the law changed...   This is one of the scariest thing you can imagine.... They are so uninformed or Ignorant they dont even know they are felons by default.

1 minute ago, Bowling Ball said:

There is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. 

I as do many others have a lot to lose,  therefore we're not dangerous,  the government knows this,  hence they trample on our unalienable rights. 

100%.... those of us who have worked our entire lives to build what we have do not want to see it vanish... The government is very efficient at destroying people over some stupid shit. (General Flynn is a great example), They will use tactics only seen in non free nations to force compliance.   Its the main reason law abiding people never Riot, Continue to pay extreme taxes without representation and follow all laws regardless of how we personally feel about them. We even follow laws we know are unconstitutional. 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I put in for 3 P2Ps today for 6 bucks.  I can only speak for myself but I will never pay $150 for those same 3 permits!  Buying a handgun is my Constitutional right as a law abiding American citizen and I should not be charged any amount to exercise that right.  I went along with the $2 charge since $2 is a joke.  $50 is no joke and I won't ever pay it if it passes. I will simply expand my long arms collection and live with the hand guns I already have!

What if you want to buy ammo and the FID price goes up to the proposed number AND you have to renew every 4 years?

Just now, Bully said:

What if you want to buy ammo and the FID price goes up to the proposed number AND you have to renew every 4 years?

I will guess he along with the majority of people will continue to do what they do..  They will purchase the guns they want... Buy ammo... and Live life.    Its just what we do...

If nothing else maybe this will be a teaching moment for people. Maybe it will make people become more engaged... Vote.... Donate... Spread the word...

Im talking generalities not speaking of Him directly.

4 minutes ago, remixer said:

There is a breaking point... What that point is no one knows...  Is it a 50.00 permit fee? $400.00 non existent carry permit fee or the fact we pay the highest property taxes in the nation...  If $15000 - $20000 a year in property taxes on a regular house (not ultra Rich) did not do it will a permit fee be the breaking point... I doubt it.   Even with all this we will have a voting block that lazy and uninformed.   Just so you know.... Its been many months since the mag limit was signed and we still get people asking "If" the law changed...   This is one of the scariest thing you can imagine.... They are so uninformed or Ignorant they dont even know they are felons by default.

1 minute ago, Bowling Ball said:

100%.... those of us who have worked our entire lives to build what we have do not want to see it vanish... The government is very efficient at destroying people over some stupid shit. (General Flynn is a great example), They will use tactics only seen in non free nations to force compliance.   Its the main reason law abiding people never Riot, Continue to pay extreme taxes without representation and follow all laws regardless of how we personally feel about them. We even follow laws we know are

Part of me wants the left to get crazy laws passed on gun control,  maybe that's what it will take to get us to take on the offensive.  

Things have to get worse before they get better,  that's just my opinion.  

It wasn't a simple tax that caused our forefathers to kill the British,  it was generational oppression. 

Just now, remixer said:

I will guess he along with the majority of people will continue to do what they do..  They will purchase the guns they want... Buy ammo... and Live life.    Its just what we do...

If nothing else maybe this will be a teaching moment for people. Maybe it will make people become more engaged... Vote.... Donate... Spread the word...

Im talking generalities not speaking of Him directly.

I understand and don't mean to make a point of @JohnnyB at all.  

Unfortunately I don't think we can be "taught" at all.  As a state, most just try to keep their heads down and do what they believe to be the correct thing.  Most that I know have too much to lose.  I hope I'm completely wrong.  However, even after Sandy Hook with the threat of bans very real, most just continued on with their lives.  

My point was that it might be ok to just keep the pistols you have and drive forward but that's not where it ends.  If the FID pricing gets approved, just buying ammo is affected as well.  Nothing more.  And although I think we would/might fare well in the courts, that's gonna take a good, long time to come thru.  I think that they progressives of this state have finally caught on...  Instead of outright bans just raise the prices.  

Although it doesn't really seem to work.  Just look at congestion pricing and the Verrazano bridge/GWB pricing.  The Verrazzano is going up to $19.  JUST TO DRIVE ACROSS A FUCKING BRIDGE!  I promise you, it won't stem the flow of traffic.  Nor will congestion pricing.  They progressives just look at the working class as a way to raise funds.  Nothing more.  That's all raising the price of permits will do as well.  It'll just add money to the coffers to spend on those that are not willing to do for themselves so they can continue to have a voting populace and therefore keep themselves in power.

8 minutes ago, Bowling Ball said:

Part of me wants the left to get crazy laws passed on gun control,  maybe that's what it will take to get us to take on the offensive.  

Things have to get worse before they get better,  that's just my opinion.  

It wasn't a simple tax that caused our forefathers to kill the British,  it was generational oppression. 

It will no doubt get worse before better.  BUT the only saving grace will be that they will step over the line and force a constitutional issue that the courts cannot ignore or accept.

3 minutes ago, Bully said:

I understand and don't mean to make a point of @JohnnyB at all.  

Unfortunately I don't think we can be "taught" at all.  As a state, most just try to keep their heads down and do what they believe to be the correct thing.  Most that I know have too much to lose.  I hope I'm completely wrong.  However, even after Sandy Hook with the threat of bans very real, most just continued on with their lives.  

My point was that it might be ok to just keep the pistols you have and drive forward but that's not where it ends.  If the FID pricing gets approved, just buying ammo is affected as well.  Nothing more.  And although I think we would/might fare well in the courts, that's gonna take a good, long time to come thru.  I think that they progressives of this state have finally caught on...  Instead of outright bans just raise the prices.  

Although it doesn't really seem to work.  Just look at congestion pricing and the Verrazano bridge/GWB pricing.  The Verrazzano is going up to $19.  JUST TO DRIVE ACROSS A FUCKING BRIDGE!  I promise you, it won't stem the flow of traffic.  Nor will congestion pricing.  They progressives just look at the working class as a way to raise funds.  Nothing more.  That's all raising the price of permits will do as well.  It'll just add money to the coffers to spend on those that are not willing to do for themselves so they can continue to have a voting populace and therefore keep themselves in power.

I drive to NYC every day... It cost a fortune.. I also notice more and more PA plates..

So people are moving BUT still contributing to the left wing in different ways.

I just wish people from PA would move the fuck over when they are driving 47 in the fast lane but that's an entirely different thread.

• Like 1

Speaking as an FFL 

I personally do not need this. I do not live on my FFL money.
Sure i do well with it but that comes with hard work. I can close up shop tomorrow and have little effect on my lifestyle.

I do this 3 hours a day because i like gun people... I like the political debates.... The conversations about nonsense (yesterday's was about American Cheese not being real cheese and proof). I find it enjoyable. I find the people enjoyable..

If my worst fears came true and they turned FFL's in to revenue collectors and make this more of a hassle i would no doubt consider closing shop.

I don't want to be the guy who tells someone... You own me $124.44 for state gun transfer taxes on top of the 40.00 nics and transfer.   I refuse to become the enemy which is exactly what some of these laws will make me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, remixer said:

I just wish people from PA would move the fuck over when they are driving 47 in the fast lane but that's an entirely different thread.

:deadhorse:

hahahahahahahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  Don't I know.

• Haha 1

Pretty awful in general, but I would be willing to pay $400 for a carry permit if I could get one.

If Murphy really wants to increase revenue, he should give serious thought to making them available at that price.  Yes, it's a Constitutional right, but once they acknowledge that we have a right to defend ourselves, we can negotiate the fee at a later time.  

Just now, Old Glock guy said:

Pretty awful in general, but I would be willing to pay $400 for a carry permit if I could get one.

If Murphy really wants to increase revenue, he should give serious thought to making them available at that price.  Yes, it's a Constitutional right, but once they acknowledge that we have a right to defend ourselves, we can negotiate the fee at a later time.  

In all honesty.... I would as well...  It sucks but it's a small price to pay in the big scheme of things for Piece of Mind and the ability to NOT be a victim. 

16 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I think Murphy's budget proposal for firearms deserves it's own thread. From NJ.com:

"His budget proposal would hike the cost of handgun purchase permits from $2 to $50; firearms identification cards from $5 to $100; handgun carry permits from $50 to $400; retail gun dealer licenses from $50 to $500; and wholesaler/manufacturer licenses from $150 to $1,500, among other fee hikes.

His budget anticipates collecting about $1.4 million in additional revenue from the fee. He also wants to impose a new 2.5 percent tax on guns and 10 percent tax on ammunition."

Don't you love the $400 carry permits?

Raising $1.2 million tax on those exercising a constitutional right to offset $5 million to give free college to ILLEGALS. If he wants to pay for that nonsense he's welcome to do so out of his own pockets. 

If these fee increases actually do happen the lawsuit that needs to made is to eliminate handgun purchase permits entirely. With FTF sales virtually banned they have become a totally obsolete waste of police resources and tax payer money.

1 hour ago, remixer said:

If my worst fears came true and they turned FFL's in to revenue collectors and make this more of a hassle i would no doubt consider closing shop.

I understand but it’s playing right into their hands. The more they can force to close the happier they’d be with that victory. 

• Informative 1

In all honesty.... I would as well...  It sucks but it's a small price to pay in the big scheme of things for Piece of Mind and the ability to NOT be a victim. 

The king doesn't want armed constituents,  our government likes to have a monopoly on the threat of violence.

3 hours ago, remixer said:

They do it with Handguns.. They can require "registration" of long guns as well...

NJ can attempt to make all guns not Registered in NJ illegal hence requiring you to have ALL guns regardless of where you purchased them handled by an FFL or NJSP retail firearms lic holder. What would stop them from requiring the FFL to value that firearm based on MSRP for example and tax it at that point. Im not saying it will happen or if it would even pass court challenge what i'm saying is never doubt what they will do for gun control and money grab.

Never ever put it past these people regardless if its constitutional.  It seems in NJ the constitution has little meaning since most NJ courts will ignore it and the Supreme Court seems to have little care for the people of NJ... this has been proven time and time again.

Then maybe, just *MAYBE*  - we need a second battle of Trenton

"Battle of Athens"

https://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

• Agree 2

They do it with handguns because Federally... non-licensees must acquire them in state; either private sale (which is now restricted) or via FFL. No law on NJ’s books says I’m breaking a law by picking up a C&R handgun in PA, even with their permits stating that they are only good in NJ. Long guns, as long as gone through an out of state FFL (and NJ legal)... there is no way NJ law can override Federal or PA law, outside of NJ. That’s like me saying ME allows recreational use of weed... so that law trumps NJ and Federal law here (currently, both view it as illegal). It is only applicable within ME.

I agree that Murphy and Grewal don’t give a damn about anyone’s rights... but I really feel that NJ courts are going to be a little questionable with such blatantly Unconstitutional legislation (especially ones dictating what someone can legally do in another state). Confirming laws that move up the line and ultimately are found Unconstitutional just shows the lower courts are a joke/prejudice. It might not be a care to most judges with “acceptable” anti-gun legislation (there is no landmark case that says the 2nd Amendment covers guns across the board), but I’m sure many don’t want their names dragged through the mud afterwards with how bad that would look.

That’s like the bump stock BS, and how top politicians who are anti-gun (Feinstein) said it isn’t the way to do it. Sure part has to do with it being Trump, but a good deal is that it is so wrongly accomplished that it likely will have negative repercussions for the push. Feinstein might be a poor excuse for a US Senator, but she isn’t that stupid to do something going that far against current law/procedure.

If the Supreme Court gets another conservative... then raises the chances of another landmark case being decided on in our favor. Obviously, none of us can see into the future... so we won’t know exactly where any of this will lead. But even steps of “registration” with long guns might be their “Bridge Too Far.” Personally, I think the arrogance that Murphy/Grewal have might actually be NJ gun owners best weapon for a quicker solution. In short, while rights being violated isn’t a good thing, the situation that brews will allow a higher chance of positive change.

1 minute ago, Screwball said:

They do it with handguns because Federally... non-licensees must acquire them in state; either private sale (which is now restricted) or via FFL. No law on NJ’s books says I’m breaking a law by picking up a C&R handgun in PA, even with their permits stating that they are only good in NJ. Long guns, as long as gone through an out of state FFL (and NJ legal)... there is no way NJ law can override Federal or PA law, outside of NJ. That’s like me saying ME allows recreational use of weed... so that law trumps NJ and Federal law here (currently, both view it as illegal). It is only applicable within ME.

The issue is not obtaining the gun, its what happens next....   Once you bring it back to NJ then what? You think NJ courts would defend new gun owners?

24 minutes ago, remixer said:

The issue is not obtaining the gun, its what happens next....   Once you bring it back to NJ then what? You think NJ courts would defend new gun owners?

Maybe I’m not following...

How exactly is that supposed to work? NJSP checking each vehicle that crosses the border (logistically, they don’t have enough people to do that)? Or are NJSP patrolling the PA Turnpike/gun shops/gun shows? Because last time I checked, PA law enforcement cover that state, not NJ law enforcement. I’m sure Grewal would forward any law that restricts people from buying in PA to their AG... and I’m pretty sure the PA AG will send it back stating you don’t have any jurisdiction over here. They might have similar views, but nobody wants someone else encroaching their territory.

And what happens when you move into NJ? If you were a gun owner (let’s even say you make sure everything is compliant with NJ law), does bringing legally owned firearms into your new home make you a felon?

If the question was related specifically to me (“then what?”), they can look in my A&D book. I wasn’t a FFL-03 when I went through the background investigation for the NJSP... so all my pistols had a permit number associated with it when they asked. Doesn’t change the fact that state transportation laws still need to be followed.

I guess I don’t see how a legally purchased firearm will result in being at the hands of the NJ Courts.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

... there is no way NJ law can override Federal or PA law, outside of NJ. That’s like me saying ME allows recreational use of weed... so that law trumps NJ and Federal law here (currently, both view it as illegal). It is only applicable within ME.

Then why do they tell us here....."To and From a range only"....even  if your in Pa., NJ wants to govern via transportation law.