Range 14 has been added to the CLUBS section of the forum.  If you are a member of R-14 and want to let other members know you are going, or want to be notified of R-14 invites or meet-ups, please join the club.  We can also poke fun at the RSO's  and complain about what we can and can't use as targets etc.

For those who are not Range-14 members and are just reading this to be nosey, R-14 is a public range.  Anyone can become a member for the low low price of $60.00/year.  In addition to the annual membership fee, it costs $4/hr per shooter.

2 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Nope will never join that range.  Or the club page.  Unless i can diss them.  “Jus sayen “

Actually, that is precisely the point of why I created the range pages and the clubs.

Discuss them, leave honest reviews,  THAT is what helps the gun community.

Please do share your experience and your thoughts on the range page as a review. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Please do share your experience and your thoughts on the range page as a review. 

But please don't use it as a soapbox to bitch and moan about a place you will never visit.  The purpose of the page is for people who are members and who DO enjoy going there.

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

But please don't use it as a soapbox to bitch and moan about a place you will never visit.  The purpose of the page is for people who are members and who DO enjoy going there.

I've never had a bad experience there. We only got yelled at once by the RO for kicking brass on the pad during a cease fire. I just think he was PMS'ing that day. But I like that we can bring different types of targets. It gets boring just punching holes in paper.

Ok, so then this is a great thing that we have this issue.

For the "Clubs" feature, it is for the members to discuss the clubs, issues, organize events, etc.

For the range listing page... I want HONEST opinions and reviews.  @Golf battery that is where your things should go.

And I invite both, positive and negative. 

10 hours ago, Maksim said:

Actually, that is precisely the point of why I created the range pages and the clubs.

Actually, @Maksim, it seems a bit confusing. You've set up both a Clubs page and a Range page for the same facility. At a quick glance, someone may not understand which page to make their post. Since there's a lot of Post and Run that goes on, I think you're going to get the wrong type of post in the wrong area (complaints on the Club page instead of on the Range page).

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I think you're going to get the wrong type of post in the wrong area (complaints on the Club page instead of on the Range page).

My intention for the R14 club was for paid members to have a place to arrange meet-ups and receive notifications.  Also, for members to talk about things relevant only to members.  But, because R14 is a public range, Maks thought it would be more appropriate to leave the club open so that non-members could participate.

If forum members come along and pollute the club page, I will have to ask Maks to  change the page to a closed members only page.  For now, though, I think it's better to promote participation and encourage members to post meet-ups for all who are interested, whether member or guest.

Non R-14 members are encouraged to participate, but, if non-members' join with the sole intention troll the range, Maks will deal with it if we cross that bridge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

Actually, @Maksim, it seems a bit confusing. You've set up both a Clubs page and a Range page for the same facility. At a quick glance, someone may not understand which page to make their post. Since there's a lot of Post and Run that goes on, I think you're going to get the wrong type of post in the wrong area (complaints on the Club page instead of on the Range page).

thanks...

So totally get it.

The listing in the Ranges Directory is there for two reasons... 1. Let people find the range on a map and 2. have a place for people to leave reviews, good or bad.  (this is what will show up in search results and the one that most people will be finding.

The purpose of the Clubs listing is as a social group, for members of the club and those interested (as it is a public club) to discuss things going on in the club itself, or to set up range days, etc.  

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

Hope that helps.

I totally understand the difference, but it took a bit to get it. It definitely makes sense to separate the two.

My concern is if a post shows up, and a responder doesn't check to see which forum group they are in, they might cross post the wrong info or reply in the wrong area. Everyone needs to be aware what thread they are responding to. Threads, many times, go off on tangents.