david8613

Remember the saiga sporter? That was a fun project.

Remember the saiga sporter? That was a fun project. I had one and came out perfect and it was beautiful but affordable. I had sold it a long time ago and always regretted it. It was my very first rifle. Anything like the saiga in the u.s. market now a days? I would like to replace it.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, david8613 said:

Remember the saiga sporter? That was a fun project. I had one and came out perfect and it was beautiful but affordable. I had sold it a long time ago and always regretted it. It was my very first rifle. Anything like the saiga in the u.s. market now a days? I would like to replace it.

I miss some of my Saigas... I think I built everyone but the 308... never had a single problem with any of them.. my favorite was the 5.56 Saiga that I converted to take AR mags... I think I regret selling that one. lol

On 3/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, david8613 said:

I also love my Saiga! Mine is in 7.62x39 of course! I loved doing the conversion myself. What a difference in the look and the trigger pull and feel! 

Why not buy another Saiga Sporter? You can still find them if you look around a bit!

If I had one, I would probably keep it stock since it doesn't have a grip or flash hider, etc.   For me, that would have been the main reason to buy a Saiga.  I wonder what one duracoated looks like...

20 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Does THIS mean we will see more Saigas?

Don't know about that.  If Russia doesn't want to play ball with Trump those sanctions will probably stay in place.

I still have a 308 and a 5.56 Saiga.  308 is unaltered and I only put a thumbhole type stock on the 5.56. 

I would like to see saiga come back. These other affordable ak47 variants on market now have very mixed reviews. Saiga always had great reviews but still very affordable. It looks like if you want good ak variant you gotta spend big bucks, I'm not gonna spend big money on a an ak variant.