Greenday

CCI Clean .22 Ammo

Anyone try it yet? I'm curious how it performs. I also found it interesting that compared to the 40gr Mini Mags, they have the save velocity at muzzle, 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards, same energy at same distances, but the Mini Mags drop faster. (according to manufacturer data)

• Informative 1

No! This is my first time hearing of it... apparently it was launched at Shot Show. I usually buy CCI Standard Velocity .22lr. I wonder what the price difference is? I know CCI usually make coated bullets at the holidays (in red & green) - but those just have the lead part coated, and I think that's purely for marketing purposes.

Apparently, the new "clean" ones have the entire cartridge coated. Here's an article with pics, if anyone's interested: https://www.gunsweek.com/en/ammunition/shot-show/cci-clean-22-rimfire-ammunition 

My 10/22 hates CCI. I ran about 1k rounds of garbage through it without a hiccup, all different brands. I had some CCI mini mags and tried them, kept getting jammed. I'll go ahead and stick with the garbage for my 10/22.

Both my 10/22 and DPMS AR-22 love the CCI RN mini mag but both hate the HP.  This new round sounds interesting from a lead fouling point of view. But if you clean your gun once in a while that shouldn't be a problem. And of course we don't have to about silencers. So I don't see a need to change.