david8613

CANIK TP9SFX any users of this gun?

Good gun, Turkish... so you have to be okay with that.  Good entry level gun for gun games.

Played with it but don't recall intimately what I thought of it as far as trigger, build quality etc.  Nothing bad from what I remember though.

If you want a long slide, this is it.

With smaller companies you do have to be prepared for relatively lack of replacement parts, customer service, etc.

I bought one last year, it's a great gun IMHO. The trigger out of the box is around a 3-4 pound pull with an unbelievably short reset.  The single issue that I had was it's really manufactured as a NATO gun with a  heavy slide spring that required full power ammo to cycle properly.  I emailed their support, got a response the next day and they sent out a softer spring.  No charge.  I have several thousand rounds through it now and use it for steel matches, it runs flawlessly.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:18 AM, Zack said:

I bought one last year, it's a great gun IMHO. The trigger out of the box is around a 3-4 pound pull with an unbelievably short reset.  The single issue that I had was it's really manufactured as a NATO gun with a  heavy slide spring that required full power ammo to cycle properly.  I emailed their support, got a response the next day and they sent out a softer spring.  No charge.  I have several thousand rounds through it now and use it for steel matches, it runs flawlessly.

Bumping this back up.

How is recoil?

I know it's a very subjective thing, but I've been looking for a 9mm for my family members to use for friendly matches and they HATE the recoil on my Glock G17.

Is the Canik any softer or is it in the came ballpark as Glock adn the rest of the polymer 9mm crowd?

Not really.  It's a light polymer gun just like the Glock.  After the break in you could try some ammo with a lower muzzle velocity, that would ease the recoil a bit.  You'd probably do better with a heaver full metal gun if recoil is an issue.

• Like 1