Ray Ray

Beretta 92X

10 hours ago, remixer said:

Beretta will do well with these new 92 series pistols... The series itself is Loved and deserves it... Love them.

At some point they might want to play with other calibers as well... maybe a 45acp..

To me it seems that this gun is geared towards gun games. Yes there is a huge fanbase, but again its years too late for gun games.

18 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

To me it seems that this gun is geared towards gun games. Yes there is a huge fanbase, but again its years too late for gun games.

I agree.

Though the sliderelease/thumb resty thing could be an advantage... Maybe they get Ben back as a shooter? 

I doubt that Ben would ever come back. He is the Tanfo guru. Ben is probably the main reason why the tanfo is so polyandry widely used in the gun games. Caleb Gidings is a huge Beretta fan, maybe he’ll answer the call?

11 hours ago, Maksim said:

45 ACP?  why?  You well know that this would be wasted money... it's all about the wunder-9 today... can't give away a 40 s&W, aka the Beretta 96.  Plus with the stresses on that open slide.

A 9x in .45 likely would be in the Desert Eagle size range. Might get under crew served weapon... but definitely larger.

9 hours ago, remixer said:

BTW a friend pointed out that beretta did play with polymer the 90 two.

But it really was just a grip sleeve... frame itself was alloy.

Just kidding.  I like it though.  It is pretty sweet.  I wonder how much thinner the grip is to a standard Beretta 92.  The Brigadier Slide is pretty nice.   This might be a good gun for my wife.  

12 hours ago, Screwball said:

A 9x in .45 likely would be in the Desert Eagle size range. Might get under crew served weapon... but definitely larger.

But it really was just a grip sleeve... frame itself was alloy.

True but it was a failed attempt to work some poly into the gun... WTF was with the rail cover LOL

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

And no optics mount, because everyone is running 3000 dollar guns nowadays.

Well, for gun games, which is where it is aimed at, it should have it...

BUT for the threaded barrel, if the M9A3 has it... for more money this should have it too. =)

Just now, Maksim said:

Well, for gun games, which is where it is aimed at, it should have it...

BUT for the threaded barrel, if the M9A3 has it... for more money this should have it too. =)

This wouldn't be geared towards a suppressor host.  

But

Without an optics mount it isn't geared towards gun games either.

So?

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

This wouldn't be geared towards a suppressor host.  

But

Without an optics mount it isn't geared towards gun games either.

So?

For gun games I can see someone throwing on a compensator and running it in major/open. Hence... threaded barrel.  Aren't they the same from M9A3?  

Just now, Maksim said:

For gun games I can see someone throwing on a compensator and running it in major/open. Hence... threaded barrel.  Aren't they the same from M9A3?  

Are what the same?

I only use the 4.9” barrel with the SGS compensator...

I run the one I had shortened by a BerettaForum member to 4.7”, and then had an exaggerated crown done. Prefer it.

25F7F58B-065A-4442-8018-6C4612D0FD44.thumb.jpeg.886030ad073ece83bd3c2ca3e369a2b5.jpeg

It’s a barrel... if you run a suppressor, toss it on. If you aren’t, put the stock one back. Isn’t like you are putting cuts into the slide or something similar.

This is a good thread of opinions, but it is missing a very important one... mine!

Beretta and the 92 are a brand of lineage. This 92X looks like a tremendous gun but also gives off a “twice the sex but half the foreplay” vibe that will turn off some of the Beretta traditionalists. My definition of tricking out a Beretta is below, where I got rid of all the black plastic bits and then hand fitted 92SB-C grips onto this 92FS “A1” compact for a complete stainless gun.

tumblr_pojbkbgwxa1wz9o8k_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

And no optics mount, because everyone is running 3000 dollar guns nowadays.

That would have been nice.. the Threaded barrel addition is Meh for most people.

11 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

True