Armvel

Hello from Cherry Hill - old and new at this

Quick background - I used to live in PA some time ago and was a avid shooter in the Montgomery and Bucks county area. I typically went to to Nockamixon park or Target World. I enjoyed skeet shooting the most. Then I got married and moved to NJ and sold my guns (love is a strange thing). 

In any case, so now I am interested in going back into the hobby/sport and trying to navigate the NJ rules.  This forum has been very helpful, so thank for all the discussion. I still have a few questions but I'll post them somewhere else. 

By the way, any Cherry Hill gun enthusiast? Let me know, it's kind of lonely in these parts. 

Cheers to all 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Armvel said:

Quick background - I used to live in PA some time ago and was a avid shooter in the Montgomery and Bucks county area. I typically went to to Nockamixon park or Target World. I enjoyed skeet shooting the most. Then I got married and moved to NJ and sold my guns (love is a strange thing). 

In any case, so now I am interested in going back into the hobby/sport and trying to navigate the NJ rules.  This forum has been very helpful, so thank for all the discussion. I still have a few questions but I'll post them somewhere else. 

By the way, any Cherry Hill gun enthusiast? Let me know, it's kind of lonely in these parts. 

Cheers to all 

You are quite welcome and I am glad we were helpful!

Welcome to the area.  There are quite a few members in the Cherry Hill area. 

48 minutes ago, Armvel said:

Cheers to all 

I don't live in cherry hill....although the hours I spend at the shop, it feels it, lolol. 

anyway....I own a repair shop on the corner of brace and kresson rds. big old ford van sitting out front with shop name on it. feel free to stop by any time. 

also....welcome neighbor!

Cherry Hill here. Also a PA transplant. CHPD is not awful when it comes to paperwork if your need a FID or P2P. About 6 weeks last time I needed a FID after moving. 

For ranges, check out Telco, South Jersey Shooting Club and Pine Belt since you mentioned skeet. 

Hit me up anytime with questions and welcome!

Welcome, if your into shotguning Quinton sportsman club can't be beat. They have it all, trap, 5 stand, skeet, just a normal field for hand throwers and there's 2 manual machines, also my personal favorite the 16 stand sporting clays. You can rent a golf cart, bring your own or just walk, it's a really nice walk through the woods. 

It's all open to the public. Friday nights theres dinner and all the SG venues. Sundays the kitchen is open for breakfast and lunch. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, louu said:

Welcome, if your into shotguning Quinton sportsman club can't be beat. They have it all, trap, 5 stand, skeet, just a normal field for hand throwers and there's 2 manual machines, also my personal favorite the 16 stand sporting clays. You can rent a golf cart, bring your own or just walk, it's a really nice walk through the woods. 

It's all open to the public. Friday nights theres dinner and all the SG venues. Sundays the kitchen is open for breakfast and lunch. 

and there's 3gun there on some sundays?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks. 

One questions that I had, and SIGman answered, was how easy or hard was CHPD in dealing with the paper work. Especially the waiting time since I heard stories of some townships taking months. 

In any case, thanks again. 

Last time I got my paperwork (before the new electronic system), it was 6 weeks and, other than the one extra/illegal (spousal permission note), it was straightforward and the township kept me up-to-date on the progress. Might have been quicker but the Chief was on vacation and the permits sat on his desk for a week.

If this is your first time doing this in NJ, be prepared. You'll need references (can be out of state). All the instructions are on the CHPD website

9 hours ago, SIGMan Freud said:

Last time I got my paperwork (before the new electronic system), it was 6 weeks and, other than the one extra/illegal (spousal permission note), it was straightforward and the township kept me up-to-date on the progress. Might have been quicker but the Chief was on vacation and the permits sat on his desk for a week.

If this is your first time doing this in NJ, be prepared. You'll need references (can be out of state). All the instructions are on the CHPD website

Thanks SIG.. 

I was looking at the application online. I didn't realize that references where needed (hmm! who to use). However didn't see anything about spousal permission. Is that just from CHPD? In any case, I'll stop by their HQ to ask some questions. 

It appears that with the implementation of FARS, they've done away with that illegal form. My wife would always laugh when she got one in the mail. "Seriously? Do they know how many guns you already have?!". Now, at least on paper, your two references will be contacted by email (faster) and they can be relatives, which is a big improvement. Good luck - let us know how it goes with the "new" process. Happy to show you around the local ranges I use anytime.

13 hours ago, louu said:

seems like someone should leave this as a review for...

13 hours ago, louu said:

Yeah, 4th Sunday of every month starting this month and the last match of the year is October. 

I gotta try to make em this year. last year all of my spare time was spent building a bedroom for mom since she couldn't do steps after the crash...…..

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

I gotta try to make em this year. last year all of my spare time was spent building a bedroom for mom since she couldn't do steps after the crash...…..

Your a good man Charlie brown. If you need anything text me. 

13 hours ago, Maksim said:

seems like someone should leave this as a review for...

I don't understand what that is there's no place to write anything. I'll look at it on the computer when I get home.