Maksim

Gathering Interest - Private range day on 1,200 yard private range in PA

Just wanted to gather some interest on splitting a range rental.

A bit over 1,200 yard range with steel all set up.  About 2.5 hours North East of Easton, PA.... (140 miles).

Not sure on dates yet... I need to get some guns tested but too much for just me... so can have up to 20 people, all day range rental, will come out to around $45 to $50 per head and we have the range for the day. 

Interest? 

23 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

How are the steel targets set up?  I can't imagine they are all at 1200yds.  Depending on the distances the targets are set up, I would really like o do this.

Interested in this as I don’t own anything that will do 1,200 yards, and the date.

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Maks. Any possibility of making it a two day   That way we just stay at a nearby hotel    And can concentrate and work on our true dope. 

I don't think it's a private range as in, a buddies farm that has steel set up all over the place.  I think it's a legit range that is privately owned.  Two days 2x the price.

I like the overnight idea though.  Have dinner afterwords, sit around BSing for a few hours.  Like, an after party.

3 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Shooters gauntlet?    Im in.  If its not summertime i cant go.  

Precisely. 

For those that don’t know it is a legit range that is privately owned and generally only avail to those renting it out for their own training or events. 

I never considered two day but will ask. The issue would be getting two days on weekend as generally they only have a few left. Mid week should be just fine. 

Will find out. 

Yes steel is set up at various distances.  

I'm interested, but like others it depends on date/time.  I'd like to get some trigger time in with my .308 before doing my first Precision Rifle match.

Weekday would be fine (again depending on the date).

Once this is REAL (WITH A DATE!)....if you need shooters to fill it up so as to enable you folks the least expensive fee per person, I'd be happy to do a write-up & advertise it for you @Maksim @Golf battery

Keep me in-the-loop please.

Rosey

• Thanks 1

I'm very interested in this.  I'd love to shoot my 223 at that steel.  

Date makes all the difference to me.  If it's mid-summer and mid week, I'll take a day.  If a weekend, Sundays are best for me.  Taking off Saturday and losing that loot is tough.  But, with enough notice, I can attempt it.  I also need to be sure it doesn't conflict with matches. But yeah, I'm interested.  

Should I follow along here or will you start another thread @Maksim?

@AmosM223

17 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Once this is REAL (WITH A DATE!)....if you need shooters to fill it up so as to enable you folks the least expensive fee per person, I'd be happy to do a write-up & advertise it for you @Maksim @Golf battery

Keep me in-the-loop please.

Rosey

Thanks, and it will be open to any NJGF or CJFO member.  There is a limit to 20 people on that range and of course we can do multiple dates.

I have not been there yet, it is about 2 hours 15 mins from me, so will make it up there to take a look, etc. 

@Bully for now let's keep it here. 

For those that responded... scheduling wise I am sure weekday would be best... Figure something for May or June... would folks be okay with a Weekday?

Please let me know here as a post... i.e. Weekday Good, Weekday Not Good. etc. 

Will also see if possible to do something like 2 day, Sunday/Monday so those that want to do two days, or whatnot. there would be choice.

• Thanks 1