Maksim

Gathering Interest - Private range day on 1,200 yard private range in PA

14 hours ago, Maksim said:

About 2.5 hours North East of Easton, PA....

3 hours ago, RichP said:

North West of Easton PA...

Did we ever determine exactly where this range is, or which state, so travel times can be figured out?

22 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Did we ever determine exactly where this range is, or which state, so travel times can be figured out?

An earlier reply mentioned Shooters Gauntlet - 3904 Millstone Rd, Monroe, PA 18832

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

Yes, someone mentioned it, I confirmed.

Shooter's Gauntlet in Monroe, PA.

I saw the question posed if that was the location, but missed your one word reply to it. Plus, there was no town or address listed, so who suppose to know where it is?

BTW, that's NOT Northeast of Easton, which also made me wonder.

3 hours ago, carl_g said:

Maybe you need glasses.

Maybe you should stick it.

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

I’ve never been there

That was not helpful, especially since you have never been there.  Maybe you should have stopped at you have never been there.  I had already checked the website and could not find the info I was looking for.

3 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

That was not helpful, especially since you have never been there.  Maybe you should have stopped at you have never been there.  I had already checked the website and could not find the info I was looking for.

Common man lighten up. In all seriousness the web site has a lot of information and look at the pictures. It gives you a pretty good idea that this place is pretty bare bones. There is a line a ez ups with fold out tables. Also pictures of the pavilion which appears to be rustic to say the least. They say that they have a bunkhouse that can only be accessed by AWD vehicles with no electric.

21 hours ago, Vicious said:

Interested in this as I don’t own anything that will do 1,200 yards, and the date.

21 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Hell an ar will do 1200.  You just have alot more figuring out to do.  And an 80 moa top rail :shok:

Image result for mosin nagant optimism

So.......iron sights.   Bad idea?????  :unsure:

I’d bring a 700 in .243 and an AR.  

Its that or a Glenfield Marlin Model 60 in .22 short.....

In all seriousness, I have a Meade Maksutov scope that is more of a telescope than a spotting scope that will probably be useful out beyond 500 yards.

31 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Image result for mosin nagant optimism

Billy Dixon killed a mounted Indian at 3/4 mi. with a Hail-Mary shot from a .50-70 BPCR Trap Door.  Battle of Adobe Wells.  Maybe I should bring my black powder & take a whack at it, eh?  LOL! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

So.......iron sights.   Bad idea?????  :unsure:

I’d bring a 700 in .243 and an AR.  

Its that or a Glenfield Marlin Model 60 in .22 short.....

In all seriousness, I have a Meade Maksutov scope that is more of a telescope than a spotting scope that will probably be useful out beyond 500 yards.

Kevin. We were just talking about a trip there2 months ago.  Maks must of been reading our texts.  Iron sights out to maybe 800 yards will work.  Spotter will do all the work then. 

20 minutes ago, remixer said:

Couple Questions.

1. What ya'll serving for lunch??
2. If we have to walk out to the targets will there be spotters with foil blankets and Gatorade at the 1/2 way point?

Drive down to targets... lunch is whatever you bring... and it is steel, so as long as you have a decent spotting scope, no reason to go down. =)

3 hours ago, remixer said:

Can i bring this

truck-popup.jpg

LOL

Since when is lobster KOSHER, lol?

Just make sure ya don't cook w/ peanut oil on that fancy roach coach!  We wouldn't want any kids needin' an EVAC via Helo from that Monroeton, PA range :)