jm1827

New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Looks like there was a mosque shooting in New Zealand, 49 killed.  From what I read the shooters filmed and streamed the shooting in Facebook or some other social media. 

In an even more disturbing note-, apparently the gunmen left some sort of manifesto, and purposely used guns in order to stir discord in here around the 2nd amendment-

"In his manifesto, he identified himself as a 28-year-old man born in Australia. He listed his white nationalist heroes, described what he said motivated him to attack, and said he purposely used guns to stir discord in the United States around the Second Amendment"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-zealand-mosque-shootings-leave-49-dead/ar-BBUNaUo?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartandhp

Just horrible, I don’t think NZ has a death penalty but if anyone deserves it, the perpetrators of this heinous act do. Killing innocents is never to be condoned and must be met with swift justice. 

-Jim

• Agree 1

Said the whack-job: “This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights will ultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US along political, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.”

Well, thanks for caring about our rights - but your little massacre really wasn’t helpful. 

9 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

I watched the video on Liveleak last night..... one of my coworker played it.....

Disturbing to say the least.....  very graphic

I couldn't do it.  I don't understand how people today can watch the most horrific events.

Wow.  Will be interesting to see if this makes the events here.

New Zealand already has tough tough gun laws, so would they even bring it up?

I am sure the US Media would love to use this to get the attention away from grounding of the Boeing 737Max. 

35 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Wow.  Will be interesting to see if this makes the events here.

New Zealand already has tough tough gun laws, so would they even bring it up?

I am sure the US Media would love to use this to get the attention away from grounding of the Boeing 737Max. 

Why would the US media want to take attention away from the 737 grounding... When has the media ever been a cheerleader for american corporations or america at all?

More likely they would love to keep it in the media as show how the greed of american corporations put lives at risk.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I bet the keyboards are overheating in Bloomberg-land this morning...

Oh no doubt

2 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

I watched the video on Liveleak last night..... one of my coworker played it.....

Disturbing to say the least.....  very graphic

It seems gone.. Cant find it

3 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Just horrible, I don’t think NZ has a death penalty but if anyone deserves it, the perpetrators of this heinous act do. Killing innocents is never to be condoned and must be met with swift justice. 

-Jim

Yup...I wonder what NZ will ban.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I bet the keyboards are overheating in Bloomberg-land this morning...

You new favorite congresswoman, AOC, is already out condemning the NRA, as in some way, she thinks they were responsible for this incident.

5 minutes ago, Handyman said:

I guess it will escape the press that tough gun laws won't stop events like this.

Wanna take a bet that they will still try.

Mark my words, the Democrats will be introducing some MAJOR gun grab bill in response to this shooting in the very near future...

"Never let a Good crisis go to waste".

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

You new favorite congresswoman, AOC, is already out condemning the NRA, as in some way, she thinks they were responsible for this incident.

NRA has a NZ Branch.. . Thats impressive.

Shes a Dumb Twit.... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, remixer said:

Shes a Dumb Twit.... 

True, but she has the ear of the Dem party, so who knows what type of crazy she will spew out of her empty head.

Did you ever imagine one party in the country would have a brain-dead, Millennial bartender as the "voice" of the party?

We are so screwed....

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SIGMan Freud said:

News reports say "Security stepped up at mosques in the US". :icon_rolleyes:

Here we go. Gun owners = White supremacists = Trump supporters = Islamaphobes.

This was the same response as after that Nazi shot up the synagoguge in Pittsburgh.  We did not paint gun owners as anti semites.

Guys and gals, I know heated topic, so let's make a choice, keep it polite in public section or will be moved behind the curtain.

@67gtonut @Krdshrk @Mrs. Peel

5 minutes ago, SIGMan Freud said:

News reports say "Security stepped up at mosques in the US". :icon_rolleyes:

Here we go. Gun owners = White supremacists = Trump supporters = Islamaphobes.

Sadly true.   

Lets count down till someone blames trump and white supremists.

3 minutes ago, remixer said:

Sadly true.   

Lets count down till someone blames trump and white supremists.

Too late, already being done..

......" A picture on the suspected shooter's now deleted Twitter page including a the Black Sun symbol which is used in Satanism and neo-Nazism "

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8642007/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-manifesto-anders-breivik/

brenton1.jpg?w=960