jm1827

New Zealand Mosque Shooting

i saw a shotgun in the beginning. he tossed that down when empty, and transitioned to a ar looking platform. he swapped mags at least 4 times. he had a weapon mounted light. looked like it was on strobe.....it fell off inside. you can see it on the floor. went back to his car and grabbed a different ar looking platform rifle with one of those screwy looking stocks. had a side by side clip on that one holding spare mag. he had shit written all over all of the firearms. i didn't see what was written, but that tells me that much like the navy yard shooter that had shit scratched into the wood on his shottie....this guy was/is a nutter.

this guy IS one of those in custody, isn't he?

2 minutes ago, sota said:

@1LtCAPyea but serpa's *do* suck.

i dunno man. i don't seem to have any trouble iwth mine.

However, according to a website that tracks terror attacks across the globe (thereligionofpeace.com), in the past 30 days there were 99 Islamic terror attacks in 20 countries, in which 701 people were killed and 697 injured.

Just a little perspective for rational folks to consider.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i dunno man. i don't seem to have any trouble iwth mine.

Neither do I, but I keep my finger off the trigger until I need it to go bang.

2 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

However, according to a website that tracks terror attacks across the globe (thereligionofpeace.com), in the past 30 days there were 99 Islamic terror attacks in 20 countries, in which 701 people were killed and 697 injured.

Link?

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

What firearms did the killer use in the attack.

Functioning Ones.

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

I just watched the video. Semi automatic shotgun and two ar's. It looked like he might have some skills.

I can't believe there was no leo engagement.  That crazy bastard shot those people like a fish in a barrel.

It was very John Wick.

38 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

I would expect a revenge attack fairly soon on a church on Sunday morning by a lone wolf who saw what happened in NZ and wants retribution with his own manifesto.  Kinda what happened in Dallas with the BLM guy and his SKS targeting police. 

Reverge attack..... No such thing.....   Who drew first blood?

Fanatics dont need a reason

Comment from another forum where this poster read the manifesto and gave his point of view. This poster usually knows what's going on:

....." What he says, has been said here many times.
We aren't going to vote our way out of what happening to the country.
He doesn't hate moslems, only the fact the ones who are invading the country and taking over the culture and who will eventually replace 'us'.
He talks about shooting the women and children and says they are invaders never the less, and the kids are just future invading warriors. He actually wishes the moslems well if they stay in their own country. He also says if you feel sorry for the children and women, what do you think moslems terrorists have always done and will continue to do?
He also talks about how weak most western men are, and how they are always saying the "line hasn't been crossed yet" and that we can afford to wait, or pursue peaceful means to turn this situation around.

He may not have had much education, but his writing is pretty coherent.

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Big time this. How long do "mainstream" islamists think this stuff can go on without coming home to roost? It clearly takes a warped, evil mind to do this on any side. But they need to clean up their own house - so far their overall responses to scores of "infidel" murders have ranged from indifference to tacit approval. 

I'm surprised this does not happen more. Rational people are getting fed up. Crazy people must be well into the red zone.

• Like 2

It seems to me that this guy was pretty true to "type" from what I've read about some of these mass killers. Just the act of having a 70+ page manifesto shows a real level of grandiose thinking… claiming he planned the attack for 2 years shows an extreme level of obsession... etc., etc. Typical nutter - but with some modern twists (taping and then posting the video, and tying it into current immigration trends).

Although I see the relevance of getting the real truth out there, I'm also sensitive to the fact that these documents - both the sickening video and the written manifesto - will (sadly) find their way into chat rooms where angry, disaffected young men gather... and then they will "inspire" the next generation of mass killers, much as the Columbine shooters inspired others. That is really quite sad - it's the shameful, negative side of the Internet.

But, as others have pointed out, you must admit that this is still an incredibly rare event, happening with less frequency even than other types of terrorism, and happening FAR less frequently than ordinary crime (by an order of magnitude). I'm not trying to be blasé about the horror... quite the opposite... when faced with such atrocity I feel it's even more important to remain saddened yet rational - to not give in to hysterics and politicization. Hysteria NEVER results in good choices.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Political strife and finger-pointing is *exactly* what this madman wanted.

This morning on the news, I heard that the shooters wanted the attacks to be the catalyst for the Balkanization of the USA.

I also heard (or maybe read) that they used "automatic weapons".  To me, automatic means machine guns, but I think the media or whomever it was that made the statement, was trying to conflate semi-auto with fully-auto.

NZ Senator who Penned the letter gets Egged by a teeanger the senator then punched the little prick in the face.

Video

https://www.foxnews.com/world/australian-senator-who-came-under-fire-for-blaming-muslim-immigration-for-shootings-punches-teen-after-he-was-egged

12 hours ago, Handyman said:

It has finally come to light that this attack was Chelsea Clinton's fault:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/03/15/video-leftist-nyu-students-blame-chelsea-clinton-for-christchurch-terror-attack-n2543207

I'll confess I didn't see that coming, but I like it.

I posted that in a different thread... SInce its a different topic... 

Should be labeled the Left's Civil War on themselves Has Begun.

12 hours ago, Handyman said:

It has finally come to light that this attack was Chelsea Clinton's fault:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/03/15/video-leftist-nyu-students-blame-chelsea-clinton-for-christchurch-terror-attack-n2543207

I'll confess I didn't see that coming, but I like it.

I like it as well... Best part was her apology. "I'm sorry you feel that way"    My answer would have been Fuck off followed by how much for a blowjob.

1 minute ago, remixer said:

I posted that in a different thread... SInce its a different topic... 

Should be labeled the Left's Civil War on themselves Has Begun.

Obama era has opened the door for the crazys to multiply like rabbits.

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

Obama era has opened the door for the crazys to multiply like rabbits.

No doubt.  The Mental sickness started after Bush V Gore....  but did not really show its ugly face until obama and really opened up after trumps election.. At this point.... I know why Uncle joe still has not decided.... I think he knows they will destroy him for not being left of left.

46 minutes ago, remixer said:

NZ Senator who Penned the letter gets Egged by a teeanger the senator then punched the little prick in the face.

Video

https://www.foxnews.com/world/australian-senator-who-came-under-fire-for-blaming-muslim-immigration-for-shootings-punches-teen-after-he-was-egged

Seems justified:

On Saturday, television cameras captured the moment when a 17-year-old boy, holding a phone, smashing an egg onto Anning’s head while he held a news conference in Melbourne. The senator immediately turned around and was seen striking the teenager in the face twice

And the article says he’s Australian

Looks like they are already planning a ban on semi-autos:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/16/jacinda-ardern-urged-to-act-quickly-ban-semi-automatic-weapons

Without a 2A. they can just go ahead and ban guns all at once, without having to deal with the pesky incrementalism that burdens our left. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

That’s not response time. That’s the time it took them to apprehend a mobile suspect moving between two different locations.  Not actually surprising. 

aahh.....i thought that was their response time. what was the response time then?