jm1827

New Zealand Mosque Shooting

18 hours ago, Sniper said:

Vox is so far Left, if the Earth was flat, they would fall off the edge.

Wait...... The Erfffs not flat?

17 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

That prime minister is a fine looking lady, but then that's my shallow side coming out once again.  :D

Shes to sad for me.

58 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I do not know what to make of it.  The casings do disappear. 

Magic!

21 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

but the ones inside do not. i think it's an issue with the camera

Maybe something to do with frame rate.  Digital cameras don't capture the full image at once, they scan, very quickly, filling in pixels line by line.  It's why you may get distortion when filming a rapidly moving object (video of a turning airplane prop, for example).

The casings would be falling faster the closer they get to the floor...maybe at some point, they were simply falling too fast to get captured in the subsequent scan?  There is probably someone here with a better knowledge of video who could comment.

49 minutes ago, 10X said:

Maybe something to do with frame rate.  Digital cameras don't capture the full image at once, they scan, very quickly, filling in pixels line by line.  It's why you may get distortion when filming a rapidly moving object (video of a turning airplane prop, for example).

The casings would be falling faster the closer they get to the floor...maybe at some point, they were simply falling too fast to get captured in the subsequent scan?  There is probably someone here with a better knowledge of video who could comment.

that could be a possibility.

ok. this had to have been at the 2nd mosque. they don't name which one. but...….it's either her trying to think that the guy in the video was trying to stop the killer...….which it's obvious he wasn't......or this happened at the second spot....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hero-died-while-tackling-new-zealand-mass-shooter-he-makes-me-proud-says-sister/ar-BBUYA7K?ocid=spartandhp

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

ok. this had to have been at the 2nd mosque. they don't name which one. but...….it's either her trying to think that the guy in the video was trying to stop the killer...….which it's obvious he wasn't......or this happened at the second spot....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hero-died-while-tackling-new-zealand-mass-shooter-he-makes-me-proud-says-sister/ar-BBUYA7K?ocid=spartandhp

The guy who tried to run past the shooter?

Maybe he was running past him to force a chase to save all those people.

14 hours ago, remixer said:

The guy who tried to run past the shooter?

Maybe he was running past him to force a chase to save all those people.

I kinda doubt that. 

more misinformation? and for the icing on the cake, watch the video. at approx. the 50 second mark, she makes a statement that will utterly shock ya. 

::::::The 28-year-old suspect bought the weapons "through a simple online purchase," she said, and "took a significant number of lives using primarily two guns."::::::::::

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-zealand-prime-minister-announces-ban-on-military-style-semi-automatic-weapons-after-mosque-attack?fbclid=IwAR10If2uRqMgei0zoHT3T2x-vUW2NLNovheMsoIxe85eX-xW4FHLsQ3JvcU

3 hours ago, Redlines said:

If you go to that link, she's getting a lot of push back from Muslim women.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is a terrorist. This is what happens when you let woman rule in the political spectrum. They rule by emotions, not logic.

• FacePalm 1

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

If you go to that link, she's getting a lot of push back from Muslim women.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is a terrorist. This is what happens when you let woman rule in the political spectrum. They rule by emotions, not logic.

she should be getting pushback from every goddam citizen of that country. and if she really goes and does this dumbass shit, i'm wondering if she should be impeached/removed from office. she's obviously not acting on anything other than emotion. if she can't control her emotions, then she has no place being in that position in their govt.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Say what?! Easy there, puppy! :nono: You're painting with too broad a brush. 

Unfortunately, he isn't.  There are many studies that show that most women think emotionally.  While men think logicaly.   Yes there are many exceptions,  but the "rule" is sound.   

Now as to the women as politicians,  you need both perspectives or you are equally screwed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Unfortunately, he isn't.  There are many studies that show that most women think emotionally.  While men think logicaly.   Yes there are many exceptions,  but the "rule" is sound.   

Now as to the women as politicians,  you need both perspectives or you are equally screwed.

Truth 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Say what?! Easy there, puppy! :nono: You're painting with too broad a brush. 

Ha ha.. maybe not..

I have decades of experience dealing with 100s and 100s of women, so I've been in that "blender" (and have the scars to prove it). You have to agree, it's difficult to reason with the majority of women logically, the emotional side usually wins out.

Just now, PeteF said:

Eh, though I agree that's been promulgated ad nauseum and there's an element of truth, I also think some of it is bogus because it greatly depends on how those studies "define" what is "emotion". Our jails and prisons, for instance, by an order of magnitude, contain men more  than women due to aggressive behavior/violence. Is that not "emotional" behavior... and rooted in hormones?  And pragmatically, would I rather deal with someone who is crying (stereotypical woman) or someone punching (stereotypical man)? Which costs us more as a society? But, either way, there's still too many exceptions to the "rules" to paint with such a broad brush. I could list many logical, tough women politicians over the course of history... and many male politicians (particularly our own U.S. Progressives) who have knee-jerk emotional reactions to complex topics rather than thinking them through logically (our own current Governor and his exceedingly illogical stance on gun control being a very fine example).

But now, I'm hijacking the thread... whoopsy! Let's get back on point...

58 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Those "many exceptions" you refer to would probably cover most of the female conservatives involved in politics in the past and present:  people like Candice Owens, Elizabeth Dole, Carly Fiorina,  and Condoleezza Rice.  As a former trainer working with people who wanted to become a diesel mechanic, I can tell you that most of the best students I've had were females because of their logical approach to problem solving.  Unfortunately,  the guy's answer to a problem was to grab a bigger hammer.

43 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

Those "many exceptions" you refer to would probably cover most of the female conservatives involved in politics in the past and present:  people like Candice Owens, Elizabeth Dole, Carly Fiorina,  and Condoleezza Rice.  As a former trainer working with people who wanted to become a diesel mechanic, I can tell you that most of the best students I've had were females because of their logical approach to problem solving.  Unfortunately,  the guy's answer to a problem was to grab a bigger hammer.

@GRIZ will say the same thing about shooting.

53 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

I can tell you that most of the best students I've had were females because of their logical approach to problem solving.  Unfortunately,  the guy's answer to a problem was to grab a bigger hammer.

That has nothing to do with logic or emotion.  Just plain stubborness.  Same reason guys don't stop to ask for directions, guys will "figure it out themselves" which makes for worse students.