spacedvb

Can I have a permit ? if i was a criminal

No is a qualified answer...

N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:1-4 -

No permit to purchase a handgun or FPIC shall be issued to any person who:

• Has been “convicted of any crime” (under New Jersey law, a crime is an offense “for which a sentence of imprisonment in excess of 6 months is authorized);”

Save your money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

No is a qualified answer...

N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:1-4 -

No permit to purchase a handgun or FPIC shall be issued to any person who:

• Has been “convicted of any crime” (under New Jersey law, a crime is an offense “for which a sentence of imprisonment in excess of 6 months is authorized);”

Save your money.

Was only saying as he mentioned that it does not show up... where who knows... but if he wants to pursue it... he should contact an attorney.  

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

he should contact an attorney.  

I've heard rumors, that a non-violent offender, convicted of a felony has a slight chance of getting a FPID, if they can prove to a court (if he can find one willing to hear his case)  if he can prove that he was basically a boy scout, went to church on Sundays and holy days of obligation and stepped around insects on the sidewalk. ever since then.  It is possible, after a period of time, to have a record expunged. 

How the OP ran his own report, probably a website that does background checks, is dubious at best.  If he applies for a FPID his conviction will almost certainly show up in a NJSP report and disqualify him.

On the very slim chance the OP can get his 2A right reinstated, it will be a long and expensive process.

• Informative 1

Call me tin-foil hat paranoid, but we need to stop this right now. Do you now how this looks, or how it will be interpreted by somebody like a member of "Moms Demand Action?" They'll say that we are helping/encouraging convicted felons to obtain guns.

If the OP is not smart enough to contact a lawyer (and given the grammar and syntax of the post that may be) then i for one really could forego him joining the firearms community.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

Call me tin-foil hat paranoid

Okay.

Look, either he's legit or he's not.    If he is, then now he knows that convicted felons do not easily get their 2A right restored, it's expensive and will involve a judge.  If the OP is a MDA Everytown shill, then they will have learned that convicted felons do not easily get their 2A right restored, it's expensive and will involve a judge.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Call me tin-foil hat paranoid, but we need to stop this right now. Do you now how this looks, or how it will be interpreted by somebody like a member of "Moms Demand Action?" They'll say that we are helping/encouraging convicted felons to obtain guns.

If the OP is not smart enough to contact a lawyer (and given the grammar and syntax of the post that may be) then i for one really could forego him joining the firearms community.

I'm going to agree with you. We need to slow down and "not pull the trigger" on brand new members until they have some history. We have no idea who they are, what information they could be trolling for, who they might be trying to set up, etc.

I know you guys like to be helpful, but one of my favorite motto is: "Trust but Verify".

Maybe take a pause, and try some qualifying questions to see what's behind the curtain first.

Just an idea.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Well, they want felons to regain voting rights too.  So with one right comes another. 

7 hours ago, spacedvb said:

On 1992 I was convicted for Counterfeit US bill, I did 4 years, I run my report and wont show up nothing about that conviction, Can I be able to have a permit?

with a old conviction , can I still have a permit?

thax

There's "the rest of the story" behind this.

Possibilities?  It was more than a "counterfeit bill".  Maybe a bunch of them ?

It could be possession of counterfeit currency was one of several charges and you pled to the counterfeit charge.

Was this a federal or state conviction?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

There's "the rest of the story" behind this.

Possibilities?  It was more than a "counterfeit bill".  Maybe a bunch of them ?

It could be possession of counterfeit currency was one of several charges and you pled to the counterfeit charge.

Was this a federal or state conviction?

I would think that anything to do with counterfeit money involves the feds.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I would think that anything to do with counterfeit money involves the feds.

There is a state statute for counterfeiting.  It's included in the forgery statute. However, a bit more research on my part shows it's a 4th degree crime and that carries a maximum sentence of 18 months.  Federal up to 20 years.

It had to be a Federal conviction.

7 hours ago, spacedvb said:

On 1992 I was convicted for Counterfeit US bill, I did 4 years, I run my report and wont show up nothing about that conviction, Can I be able to have a permit?

with a old conviction , can I still have a permit?

thax

NO & YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE!

Frank Abagnale turned down pardons from at least three Presidents.  You're no Frank Abagnale.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Abso-flipping-lutly.  He should just print up his own permits and leave us out of it.  We are a law abiding group who often hammers people who want to do otherwise with guns.  This situation should be no different. Stop aiding and enabling a felon to obtain a gun.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Abso-flipping-lutly.  He should just print up his own permits and leave us out of it.  

Yup and LOL.

See... this is why you DONT commit crimes.    

If this person really wants to proceed contact a lawyer.

7 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

NO & YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE!

Frank Abagnale turned down pardons from at least three Presidents.  You're no Frank Abagnale.

@Smokin .50 I watched the 1st 27 minutes of that until he was done his speech. Great story and a great speaker. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Hmm...from can I buy a gun with a felony conviction to expungement in two weeks?

That's some record time.

Seems unusually quick.

1 hour ago, spacedvb said:

Finally  we did a Expungement for Changing my Criminal Record from All State, where was not easy becuase, time and cost . 

Thanks to my lawyer, but like always Money run BS Walk ..

Thanks, guy for your help.++-

BTW..... You mentioned state... What about Federal

• Like 1

ANY CRIME will get you denied, ontop of that its a felony,  you would have to wait at least 10years to even get an expungement hearing...and you only can expunge ONE felony...that's IF a judge approves of your dismissal.,  contact a 2a lawyer! I've seen and heard of NJ felons having their rights restored...so its a possibility! MONEY TALKS!!!! good luck! 

2 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

ANY CRIME will get you denied, ontop of that its a felony,  you would have to wait at least 10years to even get an expungement hearing...and you only can expunge ONE felony...that's IF a judge approves of your dismissal.,  contact a 2a lawyer! I've seen and heard of NJ felons having their rights restored...so its a possibility! MONEY TALKS!!!! good luck! 

I agree it can happen... But in 2 weeks....?

• Agree 1