carl_g

It might be time to move to Newark!

The Mayor of Newark, NJ is looking into a "universal basic income" program. They are looking to pay residents some amount of money for doing nothing. Not a lot of information but how are they going to pay for this? If the people don't have enough money to live and need govt. handouts, how will Newark subsidize this? Do they get money from the state? They certainly wont get it from tax paying residents of the city if there even are any...I just ran across this.
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/newark-universal-basic-income

6 minutes ago, carl_g said:

The Mayor of Newark, NJ is looking into a "universal basic income" program. They are looking to pay residents some amount of money for doing nothing. Not a lot of information but how are they going to pay for this? If the people don't have enough money to live and need govt. handouts, how will Newark subsidize this? Do they get money from the state? They certainly wont get it from tax paying residents of the city if there even are any...I just ran across this.
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/newark-universal-basic-income

Your questions are just plain silly. Free money and non-work are good things. And there’s no worries about where it comes from. It’ll come from the government who will get it from the billionaires. We don’t worry about the “how” anymore. We just cry for the “want”.  Silly boy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Very scary.

And true.

Yup. And the how and why doesn’t matter. All this crap only either needs to just be proposed, promised or only last a year. As long as it brings votes to the whores who want to stay in power. 

pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes.  pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. 

Its all clear to me. Renewable funding, the less they work the more pot they’ll buy, the more pot they buy the more we can pay.

pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. pot will be taxed at 42.00/oz. Free pay will come from taxes. 

look i'm dead seroious.

we all band together, rent a cheap ass apartment in newark, split the rent (20-30 ways should make it stupid cheap), and we all can collect.  I mean, we're going to be putting the money into the system anyways, we might as well try and get as much back out as we can.

• Like 1