Underdog

Standard Capacity Magazine Arrests?

i overheard a couple of people in the parking lot of a local gun shop talking about 20 or more people being arrested at a range somewhere in Southern NJ on Saturday by State Police for having magazines exceeding 10 rounds.  I tried to confirm this and find out more about it, but I cannot find any information about this anywhere with information or details.  I would have thought it would have made headlines?  

All I could find was an arrest earlier today with Ghost Guns in Camden, but nothing about mags.

Dude if there was an incident, it would have blown up this board like you wouldn't believe. Hell, made up shit with no proof gets out of control regularly. Real stuff with evidence and lawyers and such isn't going to stay quiet. 

There's a dipshit out ther whose MO is to spread stories like this to getting attention and seem important. It wouldn't surprise me if he's bored and at it again. He used to like to always tell everyone that the state police were planning to raid OB or CJ on a particular weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tony357 said:

We had a guy years ago in town we called bull shit Joe, he told stories all the time that were not true. Sounds like you may have run into him.

I don't know that particular guy, but we've all run into someone like that at one time or another.  Many years ago I used to work with a woman who put out a lot of stuff that just wasn't true.  I liked to refer to her as "Miss Information."

20 hours ago, Underdog said:

i overheard a couple of people in the parking lot of a local gun shop talking about 20 or more people being arrested at a range somewhere in Southern NJ on Saturday by State Police for having magazines exceeding 10 rounds.  I tried to confirm this and find out more about it, but I cannot find any information about this anywhere with information or details.  I would have thought it would have made headlines?  

All I could find was an arrest earlier today with Ghost Guns in Camden, but nothing about mags.

What gun shop?

Have not heard anything here or on Facebook yet. 

There are only a few public ranges and should be easily enough to verify. 

RTSP in Randolph.  i didn't really believe it when I couldn't find anything on line.  It was before the Camden arrest so that couldn't have been what was being discussed.  Also, this is northern NJ and not southern NJ so why would it get this far north?   I didn't post on Saturday because I was waiting to see if something would come out about it.  I couldn't think of any reason why it would have been hush hush.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

RTSP in Randolph.  i didn't really believe it when I couldn't find anything on line.  It was before the Camden arrest so that couldn't have been what was being discussed.  Also, this is northern NJ and not southern NJ so why would it get this far north?   I didn't post on Saturday because I was waiting to see if something would come out about it.  I couldn't think of any reason why it would have been hush hush.

20 or more in one shot would likely be a match of some sort and once again I think we would have heard something about it by now. 

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I heard this rumour also. It was one guy who was shooting next to an off duty officer who notified local police. That is what I was told but have only heard it 3rd hand from a work acquaintance. The story is locals arrived asked to check the mag, loaded more than 10 and took the guy out in cuffs.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know underdog personally just corroborating more hearsay. 

9 minutes ago, brucin said:

I heard this rumour also. It was one guy who was shooting next to an off duty officer who notified local police. That is what I was told but have only heard it 3rd hand from a work acquaintance. The story is locals arrived asked to check the mag, loaded more than 10 and took the guy out in cuffs.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know underdog personally just corroborating more hearsay. 

So one guy, not 20? 

Really disappointed to hear, if true, that a shooter narc’ed on another shooter for having 15 round mags. 

Vs saying... “hey, did you know that mag laws changed and are now 10 rounds. “

• Like 1

If true (and I hope it's not) this is bound to happen more. I was in touch with an old friend I worked with and asked him if he knew about the new law. He was shocked! Had no idea this law was in effect.

I actually hope some high profile celebrity get caught up in this law. Make it national news.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Really disappointed to hear, if true, that a shooter narc’ed on another shooter for having 15 round mags. 

Even worse, if the story is true, it was a off duty LEO. What happen to upholding the constitution?

44 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Even worse, if the story is true, it was a off duty LEO. What happen to upholding the constitution?

Did not even want to go there but that would be kinda disturbing.... unless of course the guy being arrested was a dirt bag criminal who was practicing drawing from his jeans around his ankles. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Did not even want to go there but that would be kinda disturbing.... unless of course the guy being arrested was a dirt bag criminal who was practicing drawing from his jeans around his ankles. 

Acquaintance was told it was a 15/30 mag

I heard about this guy who got caught on rt. 80 last week. He was traveling and got a blowout. Hollow point ammo came flying out of the hole in the tire sidewall. When the flat bed came to tow him the trunk lid flew open as the car tilted. An AR slid out from the trunk. A passing trucker noticed it had a bayonet mount on it and call the troopers. When the troopers arrived the guy cracked up at the thought of being arrested. So he stripped all his clothes off, jumped over the guard rail and ran into the woods never to be seen again. He’s known to be wondering the woods of Hibernia. And if you real quiet on some days in Rockaway, they say you can hear him howling. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, remixer said:

There have been thousands of arrests for high cap magazines in NJ.... I just don't know who they are or when it happened

If only there was someone here with access to West Law or LexusNexus' searchable database of cases. :rolleyes:

Im not lexis, westlaw, or promis gavel but my firm handles a decent amount of gun cases and we have a state wide practice. I know many prosecutors, defense attorneys, and cops. I'm not aware of anyone who faces a sole charge of high cap mags. As far as I've consulted with people facing charges and spoken with people in my industry so to speak, the only charges for mags accompany other charges (unlawful purpose, agg assault, att murder, murder, etc.). I'm still waiting for the Glock 19/Beretta 92 raids :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JasonSeidman said:

Im not lexis, westlaw, or promis gavel but my firm handles a decent amount of gun cases and we have a state wide practice. I know many prosecutors, defense attorneys, and cops. I'm not aware of anyone who faces a sole charge of high cap mags. As far as I've consulted with people facing charges and spoken with people in my industry so to speak, the only charges for mags accompany other charges (unlawful purpose, agg assault, att murder, murder, etc.). I'm still waiting for the Glock 19/Beretta 92 raids :rolleyes:

It's coming....  It just takes time to get the lists together :)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Underdog said:

Sorry to disappoint the rumor mill, but this "incident" did not take place in or around RTSP Randolph or Union.  Sounds like a wonderful attempt of "fake News" portrayed by the misinformed.  

See you at the range.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1