badbaj

Ranges where USPSA practice is allowed

Good day!

I am not a member of any of the ranges near me.  The indoor ranges limit to shot accuracy but I would like to be able to practice transitions, reloads also.  As initially stated, I am not a member of any of the ranges. I do not mind renting the pit for an hour or two just so I can practice.  Suggestions and recommendations?

Appreciate the help

Thank you

Op, I believe  PK90 is in Arizona. “Out back” is the desert. 

I am not familar with USPSA, but on a bit more serious note, Easton Fish and Game Association in Easton, Pa has an “action range”. You must be a member which only costs $50 per year.  Perhaps that would suit your needs.

Others will no doubt chime in on what is offered at other ranges..

• Like 1

Old bridge rifle and pistol is good to go for USPSA training -- you need to be a member -- you also will not be able to have a pit to yourself on weekends between 9am and about 4 PM -- Almost always a match of some sort going on 

Membership is a little costly but if your going to use it then it's very worth it -- Especially if your schedule lets you shoot during the week

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

OP, just in case you're not able to connect the dots, MEMBERSHIP in a private range is generally required to practice USPSA at those ranges.  You simply don't walk-in, pay a fee to rent a pit, and make dues paying members wait.  So you'll need to prove your skills or at the very least, show your USPSA rating card.  You'll also most likely have to bring your own rule book, stage descriptions, barricades, RR spikes, 2 x 4's, etc., since no club leaves all of that outside exposed to the weather.

Easiest thing to do is to find an Indoor Practice Match (like Old Bridge has on 1st & 3rd Friday nights at the indoor range), and pay the non-member fee of $20 American once you're safety checked by a club R-O.  Save yourself a LOT of hassle that way...

Rosey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

OP, just in case you're not able to connect the dots, MEMBERSHIP in a private range is generally required to practice USPSA at those ranges.  You simply don't walk-in, pay a fee to rent a pit, and make dues paying members wait.  So you'll need to prove your skills or at the very least, show your USPSA rating card.  You'll also most likely have to bring your own rule book, stage descriptions, barricades, RR spikes, 2 x 4's, etc., since no club leaves all of that outside exposed to the weather.

Easiest thing to do is to find an Indoor Practice Match (like Old Bridge has on 1st & 3rd Friday nights at the indoor range), and pay the non-member fee of $20 American once you're safety checked by a club R-O.  Save yourself a LOT of hassle that way...

Rosey

Yep. I connected the dots, my friend. Seems to be that way.  I thought I'd ask if maybe there is one.  

I do not have the expert level skills haha, just want to improve

Thank you for the inputs

Well.  First.  Drawing from a holster to work on control and time.  Do it in your house with an empty empty empty magazine and pistol.   Double check empty.   You can do all of the stuff for uspsa and idpa in your own home.  The only thing you won’t have is the bang.  Practice dry firing.  

Oh forgot

reload practice also  in your house  

Also. Mr stu on this forum runs an idpa class every now and then    For new guys.  Contact him. 

• Like 1

Also, most public ranges will allow you to draw from a holster if you ask and they check you out.

If you want to practice transitions, most places will let you put up two IPSC targets... or ask to rent two ports side by side.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:02 PM, badbaj said:

Yep. I connected the dots, my friend. Seems to be that way.  I thought I'd ask if maybe there is one.  

I do not have the expert level skills haha, just want to improve

Thank you for the inputs

Hi you dont have to be an expert to go have fun and shoot a match. this is the way we all learned and most of us are still learning .

what you really need to do is HAVE SAFE GUN handling practices and extra ammo . just go out and make some new friends . go to the indoor range at oldbridge you will have fun . 

Bob

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, reed338 said:

Hi you dont have to be an expert to go have fun and shoot a match. this is the way we all learned and most of us are still learning .

what you really need to do is HAVE SAFE GUN handling practices and extra ammo . just go out and make some new friends . go to the indoor range at oldbridge you will have fun . 

Bob

I have extra ammo for now but will start to buy more as the season is starting.  I have been seeing the obrpc indoor matches on steelscoring but I have not signed up for it.  I would always sign up for the USPSA done outdoors. I will look into it.  Thank you

9 minutes ago, badbaj said:

I have extra ammo for now but will start to buy more as the season is starting.  I have been seeing the obrpc indoor matches on steelscoring but I have not signed up for it.  I would always sign up for the USPSA done outdoors. I will look into it.  Thank you

Have you shot outdoor uspsa matches?