Rob0115

I'm curious iPhone or and android?

Just now, Screwball said:

I can get some string and cups made up for you... if you have cash. :D

I think all of the string manufacturers moved offshore when the rest of the textile industry left

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Screwball said:

So, you prefer your money to go just directly out of the country?

Whether or not you believe they are lying to you (how many “US” companies do this), Apple employees a crap ton of people inside the US. Their headquarters in CA employs a lot more than Samsung does within the US... and that doesn’t mention how many people are employed in US Apple Stores. Call up Apple support, you actually get a US based person on the phone.

Samsung, in 2013, had about 275,000 employees worldwide. 3.9% (or 10,725) were in the North America... not even just the US.

There isn’t any lying, especially when “Designed in California, Assembled in China” is stamped on the back of each device.

I prefer a company to make their products, even partially, in their home country.

16 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

And why?  

I've been a long times iPhone user. One's of my guys handed me a galaxy S10 and said try it. The hardware is great, wifi and cell speeds improved and a screen that's off the hook. I don't like the text messaging app or voicemail on the android platform. Apps are the same love chrome. The screen is of the hook good. 

Why shouldn't I switch other I'm an old dog struggling with  new tricks?

Neither one.  I've been a Blackberry user for 15 years.  I find them extremely reliable and very difficult to hack into.  All of my data is encrypted.  Blackberries are great if you not the type of person who is checking the weather every 15 minutes or using a several after-market apps.  Some of the newest Blackberries have an Android system or are Android compatible.

I hate Apple's corporate culture which is why I'll never own one of their devices.. I've had Android since I got the Moto Droid and after I purchased the Moto X Pure will never get a device that does not have vanilla Android. I have a Pixel XL now and I like it a lot plus you can get one for under $300 since it's a bit older.

On a side note I hate my wifes Samsung. Device is fine but what they do with the OS is a travesty. I imagine if it's what your used to it's not so bad but when my wife asks how to do something I can't just tell here what to do I have to do it myself because Samsung buries the settings under their on system and I have no idea where to look.

5 hours ago, 10X said:

Where is the lie?   Does ANYONE not know Apple’s phones, like most phones, are made in China?  I’ve never seen Apple claim otherwise. 

It's public knowledge that Foxconn assemles iphones.  

5 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Neither one.  I've been a Blackberry user for 15 years.  I find them extremely reliable and very difficult to hack into.  All of my data is encrypted.  Blackberries are great if you not the type of person who is checking the weather every 15 minutes or using a several after-market apps.  Some of the newest Blackberries have an Android system or are Android compatible.

If they don't run BBOS or Z10 I don't know if they are as secure.

11 minutes ago, brucin said:

I hate Apple's corporate culture which is why I'll never own one of their devices.. I've had Android since I got the Moto Droid and after I purchased the Moto X Pure will never get a device that does not have vanilla Android. I have a Pixel XL now and I like it a lot plus you can get one for under $300 since it's a bit older.

On a side note I hate my wifes Samsung. Device is fine but what they do with the OS is a travesty. I imagine if it's what your used to it's not so bad but when my wife asks how to do something I can't just tell here what to do I have to do it myself because Samsung buries the settings under their on system and I have no idea where to look.

Not a fan of the bloatware on the Samsung but the S10 screen is amazing and the phone is fast.  

2 hours ago, MartyZ said:

Yes, samsung is bloatware heavy, I guess I'm just used to it, love my s9+. But they all have bloatware, some more than others, except google phones I think.

Yeah the Samsung s10 hardware is awesome. I’d love to do a pixel but the screens suck in comparison but pixels have great cameras.