remixer

Car accident medical expenses.

Question for lawyers or those who have had a car accident.

If you were in a car accident that was not your fault and are seeing a doctor for possible injuries who covers your medical Ins deductibles if you need to regularly see a physical therapist?

On Friday, March 8, I was hit by a sleep deprived driver. 2 tickets were issued to him. He admitted fault to his insurance company, Progressive. My garage kept 1999 Ford F150 4x4 is totaled. Progressive has said they will pay all claims associated with the accident, including medical. Fortunately, I'm okay

MILITARY RIFLE MATCH
Do you have an AR-15, M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield, British Enfield, Mosin, Mauser, Arisaka or any other old war horse sitting in the safe collecting dust? If so, get it out, dust it off, oil it up and bring it out to the range. Enjoy shooting it the way it was designed to be shot – at South Jersey Shooting Club’s Military Rifle Match.

Date: Sunday April 14, 2019
Registration opens at 0900, First shot promptly at 1000
Match Fee $5.00
All firing will be done on the B-27 TR silhouette target
This is a non-sanctioned match for the pure joy of rifle marksmanship
IRON SIGHTS ONLY, no riflescopes, red dots or other optics / sighting devices allowed. Spotting scopes allowed.

Course of fire:
5 minutes for unlimited sighter shots at 100 yards, your choice of position. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the standing position at 100 yards. No slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the kneeling position at 200 yards. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the sitting position at 200 yards. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the prone position at 300 yards. Slings allowed.

Any questions, please contact Shayne Simcox       [email protected]      609-617-9121

or PM njJoniGuy here on NJGF

46 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

MILITARY RIFLE MATCH
Do you have an AR-15, M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield, British Enfield, Mosin, Mauser, Arisaka or any other old war horse sitting in the safe collecting dust? If so, get it out, dust it off, oil it up and bring it out to the range. Enjoy shooting it the way it was designed to be shot – at South Jersey Shooting Club’s Military Rifle Match.

Date: Sunday April 14, 2019
Registration opens at 0900, First shot promptly at 1000
Match Fee $5.00
All firing will be done on the B-27 TR silhouette target
This is a non-sanctioned match for the pure joy of rifle marksmanship
IRON SIGHTS ONLY, no riflescopes, red dots or other optics / sighting devices allowed. Spotting scopes allowed.

Course of fire:
5 minutes for unlimited sighter shots at 100 yards, your choice of position. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the standing position at 100 yards. No slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the kneeling position at 200 yards. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the sitting position at 200 yards. Slings allowed.
10 minutes for 10 record shots from the prone position at 300 yards. Slings allowed.

Any questions, please contact Shayne Simcox       [email protected]      609-617-9121

or PM njJoniGuy here on NJGF

what happened here LOL

18 minutes ago, bobblackrifle said:

Back to the OP . I do not have any medical expenses, however, I did receive a check today for my truck. Good luck with collecting on your claim.

Not for me... for a friend.

they were wondering if they are supposed to pay the co pays... it can end up being 100's per week.

My son went thru this a few months -- rear ended at speed -- other guy fault 100% -- other guys insurance was Progressive

IN less than 12 hours progressive was calling and offering money, said to get a rental car, they'll pay for it -- said to go get car repaired, they'll pay for it -- all medical, they'll pay for it

So I called a good friend who owns an auto body shop -- Flat out said he won't work with Progressive -- they are terrible and treat their own customers like crap -- Told me to accept nothing from Progressive and go thru my own Insurance -- my son is 22 so he's on my insurance

The progressive medical check came within 3 days -- Also came with a waiver releasing them from all further medical responsibility -- Cash the check and you release them -- of course it wasn't cashed  -- Haven't ever received a medical bill at that point -- had no idea what it would cost

To answer the original question -- Being in NJ, all medical related to a car accident is covered by your own Insurance company -- no matter who is at fault -- Your insurance co will then get reimbursed by the other guy if it was their fault -- My son didn't have any medical after the 1st day so I have no idea about the recurring visits -- I would imagine that you should talk with your own insurance company to get answers -- I just hope you both aren't insured by the same company, and none of them are Progressive.

• Like 1

NJ is a no fault state when it comes to medical PIP. I believe it makes no difference who was the cause of your accident. You Car insurance should pick up the tab for related expenses due to the accident, if that were to run out or reach it's limit your medical insurance would take over. The best person to ask is YOUR insurance company, because they can go after the other persons insurance to cover the deductible, but i do not know if it is guaranteed.

@Heavyopp beat me to it

19 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

NJ is a no fault state when it comes to medical PIP. I believe it makes no difference who was the cause of your accident. You Car insurance should pick up the tab for related expenses due to the accident, if that were to run out or reach it's limit your medical insurance would take over. The best person to ask is YOUR insurance company, because they can go after the other persons insurance to cover the deductible, but i do not know if it is guaranteed.

@Heavyopp beat me to it

Thats what i thought.