!_no_way_jose_!

HELP: TX resident trying to buy from NJ resident.

I live in Texas now and I was looking to buy my brothers H&K P30. He lives in NJ and I'm coming down next week to visit. Can I just give him cash and drive back home to TX or is there something else that needs to be done. Any information will be appreciated. I've tried calling NJSP and have had no luck reaching anyone in firearms. Also tried searching Google and have had no luck. 

I live in Texas now and I was looking to buy my brothers H&K P30. He lives in NJ and I'm coming down next week to visit. Can I just give him cash and drive back home to TX or is there something else that needs to be done. Any information will be appreciated. I've tried calling NJSP and have had no luck reaching anyone in firearms. Also tried searching Google and have had no luck. 

26 minutes ago, fishnut said:

No, you would have to have it shipped to an FFL in your home state where you can take possession of it. 

This is federal law,  there are no legal FTF handgun sales between residents of 2 different states.  

As fishnut said, he can drive or ship  it to an FFL in Texas.  The ffl will do the checks and transfer.  But you must take possesion from an ffl in your home state

Hmmm......my Scooby sense says Bloomberg troll but I'm trying to play nice with new folks.  All interstate handgun transaction must be transacted through an FFL in the recipients state--federal law not an NJ thing.  Unless you have dul residence you cannot buy a handgun in NJ and even if you had said dual residence you'd have to get a P2P and transact through an FFl in accordance with NJ law.