mustang69

Some recent scores in free America

So when I moved to NH, I really thought the "pressure" to buy was off.  With no P2P's to worry about I don't need to buy anything just to not have one expire.  It hasn't worked out that way, but for a different reason - Used handguns in NH are cheap and NICS is free!  Here are a couple of my recent buys:

Sig P250 - $200.  Really nice DAO trigger, smooth but long.

Springfield XD - $200.  Nice shooter, feels good in the hand.

H&K P2000SK - $350.  Like new in the box.  Couldn't pass up an H&K for that price, especially with 3 mags.

Springfield 1911A1 GI - $300.  Like new in the case, 3 mags.

Dan Wesson Valor - $1,000 new in the box.

I'm not usually a fan of polymer, but for EDC both the Sig and XD are reasonable options when there is enough clothing to hide them.

It pays to stop in the store every couple of days.  The Sig and XD I bought as they were being traded in.  The H&K was in the case and the 1911, he showed it to me and I was indifferent until he told me the price.  It was one of those I couldn't say no to.  The Dan Wesson was something I've been looking for but never wanted to spend the $1,500.  At $1,000 it was a no-brainer.

Anyway, keep the faith.  There are good "used" buys out there.

Dan Wesson Valor.JPG

Springfield Xd.JPG

Sig P250.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The XD mod 2 SC is a very comfortable gun to shoot even in .40. I agree it feels very nice in the hand.  Because of the XD mod 2 and the VP9sk I stopped buying Glocks. If you come across an HK VP9sk at a good price its worth taking a look at too. The VP9sk is so comfortable and so nice to shoot I just bought another one. Congrats on the free state move.   I love walking into a gun store in a free state.  I'm like a kid in a candy store. 

Here's the Springfield GI model.  Has some finish wear on the left side, I believe from sliding around in the case, and a really nice short trigger.  My plan for this one is to be the base of a custom build.  1887816961_SpringfieldGI.JPG.fc378b7f7a9df12bb0d0774a99dd9d25.JPG

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mustang69 said:

Here's the Springfield GI model.  Has some finish wear on the left side, I believe from sliding around in the case, and a really nice short trigger.  My plan for this one is to be the base of a custom build.  1887816961_SpringfieldGI.JPG.fc378b7f7a9df12bb0d0774a99dd9d25.JPG

I always liked those U.S. grips