Sniper

New Zealand to ban all assault arms, ‘military-style semi-automatic weapons’ IMMEDIATELY

And just like that, all evil black weapons are banned, with the stroke of a pen.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand is immediately banning assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and “military style semi-automatic rifles” like the weapons used in last Friday’s attacks on two Christchurch mosques.

Ardern announced the ban Thursday and said it would be followed by legislation to be introduced next month.

“Today I am announcing that New Zealand will ban all military-style semi-automatic weapons,” Ardern said Wednesday. “We will also ban all assault rifles. We will ban all high capacity magazines.”

“In short, every semi-automatic weapon used in the terrorist attack on Friday will be banned in this country,” she said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/21/new-zealand-to-ban-all-assault-weapons-immediately.html

This article makes it sound like she's doing a total semi-auto ban on anything, that would include handguns too. It includes ANY firearm capable of semi-auto fire.

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand — Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced a national ban on all military-style semiautomatic weapons, all high-capacity ammunition magazines and all parts that allow weapons to be modified into the kinds of guns used to kill 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, last week.

Ms. Ardern said her goal was to eliminate from New Zealand the weapons that the killer used in Christchurch. She emphasized that it will require a mix of regulation around both firearms and ammunition.

“Today, I’m announcing New Zealand will ban all military-style semiautomatic weapons,” she said in outlining the changes. “We will also ban all assault rifles, we will ban all high-capacity magazines. We will ban all parts with the ability to convert semiautomatic or any other type of firearm into a military-style semiautomatic weapon.”

“We will ban parts that cause a firearm to generate semiautomatic, automatic or close-to-automatic gunfire,” she added. “In short, every semiautomatic weapon used in the terror attack on Friday will be banned in this country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/world/asia/new-zealand-semiautomatic-ban-ardern-.html

Well I guess there won't be any good guy with a gun.  How can a people be so stupid?   Well I can scratch that place off as a place I'd like to visit. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Well I guess there won't be any good guy with a gun.  How can a people be so stupid?   Well I can scratch that place off as a place I'd like to visit. 

Yep, beautiful place. It's a shame. Spent three weeks on each island back in the 90's. Really amazing scenery. 

People very friendly.

So let's pause a minute and reflect why we need/have the 2nd Amendment.

And although the U.S. media is breathlessly reporting stories about NZ'ers rushing to turn in their guns, so far the total is 37.

And of course all the gun stores are sold out of AR-15 type platforms. Citizens are arming up prior to the ban.

That doesn't sound like capitulation yet.

Until today I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semi-automatic rifle. ---

Powerful words, but not when they are spoken by a political candidate, yes John Hart of New Zealand is a political operative, but that is not and will not be the main point of the article.

As we reflect on the murders in New Zealand, the Netherlands, the Christian genocide in Nigeria and other places ad nauseum.  Politicians and the liberal elite use these murders as a rallying cry for gun control and say how are countries are not safe due to semi-automatic firearms.  My how the narrative has changed, have you been paying attention?

As I look back a number of months ago, they were called evil ‘assault weapons ‘, tools of war on our streets – but today they are just semi-automatic firearms, that are in daily general use for a host of things, that do not include murder. 

But, see how the goal line keeps getting shifted by the liberals and the zealots?  Never forget their only real goal is the total disarmament of nations and it’s citizens by the power brokers, by those that know better than you.  You will be shamed, you will be targeted, you will be ostracized – all in the name of safety and security by those that fail to realize one single solitary thing.  You cannot legislate morality.

There is abject evil in the world, there is death in the world and there clearly are wolves that will look to prey upon people, with any weapon they can get their hands on.  They have no morals, they have no soft spot, they don’t hold vigils, they don’t gather in peaceful groups – they steal, beat, rape, murder and perform the vilest acts upon innocents that can be imagined.

It is best to know one thing; your government cannot keep you safe.  The police cannot keep you safe.  Mr. John Hart has done nothing to make the world safer, the @farmgeek has only done one thing.  He has sacrificed and surrendered his family’s safety and security for political expediency – for a talking point and twitter follower’s appeasement & sadly, the cult of his personality.

Do not relinquish your God given right of self-defense, willingly.  Do not relinquish your codified right to keep and bear arms, willingly.  Do not relinquish your right to defend yourself or your family, based on the actions of madmen to feel good.

Not so ironically, all these murders due is to re-enforce the above statements and the fact that those framers of this nation had it right – the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  They knew that powerful men craved more power, they knew that there is evil in the world.  They also knew that the rights of free men and the right to bear arms is the only thing that prevents tyranny – regardless of how anyone feels at any given moment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

And of course all the gun stores are sold out of AR-15 type platforms. Citizens are arming up prior to the ban. 

I believe the PM put an immediate ban on the sale of AR platforms yesterday. If someone didn't buy before then, they are SOL now, she even said don't even think of applying for a permit.

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I believe the PM put an immediate ban on the sale of AR platforms yesterday. If someone didn't buy before then, they are SOL now, she even said don't even think of applying for a permit.

They are doing a buy back - you will not be able to own them - 

Wargame this - Kamala Harris wins - Senate flips Majority Dems - Congress Is all Dem - Immediate  ban and turn in of ALL semi automatic firearms........  What do you do?

:popcorn:

Mean while  behind the wall in NJ .  I was testing out some  IMI 77gr razor core ammo. 

I forgot my  sand bags, And i had to use a bipod.  I was curious how accurate  this ammo is.

For some reason I could not hold the rifle still. :rofl:   

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

They are doing a buy back - you will not be able to own them - 

Wargame this - Kamala Harris wins - Senate flips Majority Dems - Congress Is all Dem - Immediate  ban and turn in of ALL semi automatic firearms........  What do you do?

:popcorn:

Lock and Load Baby

7 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Just wait to see in short while what the Dems propose NOW, in response to this NZ ban. It will empower Dems to ban anything more powerful than water pistols.

Tick Tock

More details on the ban regarding specific firearms. She's basically neutering most semi auto rifles and shotguns. And this is just her FIRST round of bans, they're working on round TWO also.

"The effect of this will mean that no one will be able to buy these weapons without a permit to procure from the police. I can assure people that there is no point in applying for such a permit," she said, adding "In short, every semi-automatic weapon used in the terrorist attack on Friday will be banned in this country."  

The ban will apply to all firearms currently defined as "Military Style" or "Semi-Automatic" (MSSA), defined as a semi-automatic firearm - including shotguns - capable of being used with a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds.

Guns which are not affected by the ban include semi-automatic .22 caliber rimfire firearms with a magazine holding no more than 10 rounds, as well as semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns with a non-detachable tubular magazine holding no more than five rounds

Ardern also announced a gun buyback scheme that will cost between NZ$100 million and $200 million (between US$69 million and $139 million), depending on the number of weapons received.

Anyone who keeps their guns after an amnesty period which has yet to be announced will face fines of up to $4,000 and three years in jail - which is less jail time than a New Zealand resident could receive for downloading or sharing a video of the Christchurch attacks.

As far as "Tranche two," Ardern said "There is more to be done and tranche two will look at issues around licensing, issues around registration, issues around storage. There are a range of other amendments that we believe do need to be made and that will be the second tranche of reforms yet to come."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-21/new-zealand-bans-guns-after-mass-shooting-all-military-style-and-assault-rifles

and apparently he obtained the firearms he used illegally. imagine that.......watch the video. at about the 40 second mark......

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-zealand-prime-minister-announces-ban-on-military-style-semi-automatic-weapons-after-mosque-attack?fbclid=IwAR10If2uRqMgei0zoHT3T2x-vUW2NLNovheMsoIxe85eX-xW4FHLsQ3JvcU

se essentially they're banning something that he got illegally in the first place.

21 minutes ago, PeteF said:

After the Australia gun turn in fiasco, I anticipate compliance to be nil.

That's very possible, but it basically neuters the use of any owned firearms in the future. No range trips, no hunting, no nothing. And if you pull it to use for self-defense in the home, YOU become the felon.

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That's very possible, but it basically neuters the use of any owned firearms in the future. No range trips, no hunting, no nothing. And if you pull it to use for self-defense in the home, YOU become the felon.

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Ah...... but the invader had the rifle.....There was a scuffle.... and you see the result.....

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

so essentially they're banning something that he got illegally in the first place.

I guess they believe that if they don't exist in their country, people won't be able to obtain them, legally or illegally. 

I notice that they have dropped that whole "weapons of war" canard and have just gone for all semi-autos.  Wonder how long it takes for them to take that approach here,

8 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I notice that they have dropped that whole "weapons of war" canard and have just gone for all semi-autos.  Wonder how long it takes for them to take that approach here,

There's a semi-auto ban Bill already written and waiting in the bullpen in Trenton for the next "opportunity" to present itself.

• Like 2