Maksim

Are you likely to buy more firearms IN LIGHT of New Zealand Banning Semi-Autos?

Are you likely to buy more firearms IN LIGHT of New Zealand Banning Semi-Autos?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Are you likely to buy more firearms IN LIGHT of New Zealand Banning Semi-Autos?

• Yes, because of NZ
    • Yes, because of NZ And NJ changes
    • Maybe
    • No

5 minutes ago, remixer said:

Why would anyone?   Better chance people will buy more if a terrorist attack took place in the US...

That's what I was thinking.

Need a fifth question, "if Democrats introduce MORE overreaching legislation in the US" (which I believe is coming very shortly).

6 minutes ago, remixer said:

Why would anyone?   Better chance people will buy more if a terrorist attack took place in the US...

So you are thinking as a logical person.

Reason I ask is that the Left has already jumped on this to bring up past shootings and to push for immediate gun control.  along with that appearance on Fox where a host has urged people to go buy more guns now. 

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Hello,

Doing a quick poll to gather some info on the most recent New Zealand shooting and their swift action to ban firearms.

Are you planning on buying guns as a result of it?

Rethorical question : What does that ban is going to mean for ipsc and other shooting sports?

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Reason I ask is that the Left has already jumped on this to bring up past shootings and to push for immediate gun control.  along with that appearance on Fox where a host has urged people to go buy more guns now. 

The left can suck my right nut.... This means nothing.. There are about 1000 people killed monthly by terror attacks in the world, It should have zero results for US gun law.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I think anyone following along on this forum should know the drill, and would already have all that they wanted, so running out to purchase might not be an issue with them.

Filling in the holes or getting something on the wish list might happen.

3 minutes ago, remixer said:

It should have zero results for US gun law.

"should" and "will" are two different animals with certain, illogical anti-2A people.

• Like 1

Ordered my first AR this week.  Not because of NZ, more because of the rhetoric being spewed by the dem candidates and my belief that will drive prices up as the election gets closer.  I don't trust the Reps to fight off a Dem ban, so figured I'd get one for the safe just in case.  Can always get rid of it later if nothing comes to pass, but will have it just in case.  Oh yea, and some 30-round mags too.   

• Like 1

Yes, because of NZ And NJ changes was my vote. Not because of NZ really but because of gopher face. I applied for permits last night just in case he raises the prices in the very near future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustang69 said:

Ordered my first AR this week.  Not because of NZ, more because of the rhetoric being spewed by the dem candidates and my belief that will drive prices up as the election gets closer.  I don't trust the Reps to fight off a Dem ban, so figured I'd get one for the safe just in case.  Can always get rid of it later if nothing comes to pass, but will have it just in case.  Oh yea, and some 30-round mags too.   

If you want to complete an 80% let me know, I have access to all the jigs and tooling. I'm about 3 hours north of you! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mustang69 said:

Ordered my first AR this week.  Not because of NZ, more because of the rhetoric being spewed by the dem candidates and my belief that will drive prices up as the election gets closer.  I don't trust the Reps to fight off a Dem ban, so figured I'd get one for the safe just in case. 

That's the way I'm leaning too. I put in for 3 more permits, not because I need something, but figuring it might not be possible later on, Definitely looking at the "wish list", and just pulling the trigger now for anything that might be a consideration in the future.

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Ammo, not guns!  Buy Ammo!

Wait,,, you don't have all the ammo you need NOW?

46 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Wait,,, you don't have all the ammo you need NOW?

Anyone who has been at this as long as we have already has what they need! I also have permits on the way

for wish list stuff. Not because I need them but because I want them! :)

26 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I also have permits on the way

for wish list stuff. Not because I need them but because I want them! :)

That answered my first question that you haven't received your permits yet, me neither.

Regarding the second sentence, brilliant minds think alike.  :ok:

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I am good on ammo, but that will be more valuable than firearms.

In a situation where I have to use my ammo for other than the range.....I don't think I would sell or barter anything that could come back to kill me!

Just now, Sniper said:

That answered my first question that you haven't received your permits yet, me neither.

Regarding the second sentence, brilliant minds think alike.  :ok:

I think my delay may be my own fault.  I gave them my cell number to verify my employment!  Heck, I am the boss, but I don't own the company. I gave them his # but he said they never called him. Time to stop by and talk to someone at the PD I guess!

6 hours ago, Matroskin said:

Rethorical question : What does that ban is going to mean for ipsc and other shooting sports?

Legit answer:  the authorities do not care

15 hours ago, Underdog said:

Ammo, not guns!  Buy Ammo!

Yep. As much as a complete semi-auto ban is the left's fevered dream, they're more likely to continue to push for legislation that chips away at the 2A. I can see online ammo sales being prohibited in NJ very soon. And once all ammo sales are within the state, Gopher Phil can impose a tax on purchases very easily. More slush money for the corrupt Trenton mob bosses.