MB24

Looking for a prism scope

Looking for recommendations for a prism scope. Right off I will say a Trijicon ACOG is out of my price range. The two I have narrowed it down to are the Primary Arms 5x36 gen II with ACSS reticle which I'm leaning towards, and the sightmark wolfhound 6x44. Both have some pretty good reviews but most from merchants. I have no PA products but I have a sightmark ultra shot reddot I've had some issues with. Anyone have some practical experience with either one of these scopes or the  quality of the company. Opinions on other brands welcome.

I have a PA red dot.  For my needs, it's perfect. 

The reason I have it...

I purchased something similar to the scope you're looking at.  There was something wrong with the reticle.  I sent it to PA and after they looked at it, they called me and told me they can't fix it and they don't carry it any longer.  They gave me (the guy that bought it used) a credit toward a new scope.  
Customer service like that is much better than almost anything, to me.  

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, MB24 said:

At what distances are you using it. Hoping to use it between 25-200yds.

For 25-200 you should be fine with a non-magnified optic.  What exactly are you trying to do?

I use a Vortex Spitfire ARII which is a Prism style "red dot", and I have no issues out to 600 yards with it on man sized targets.  Out to 400 is fine with smaller targets like 10-12" plates.  It's also wicked fast close in due to the large rings around the center dot.

1 hour ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

For 25-200 you should be fine with a non-magnified optic.  What exactly are you trying to do?

I use a Vortex Spitfire ARII which is a Prism style "red dot", and I have no issues out to 600 yards with it on man sized targets.  Out to 400 is fine with smaller targets like 10-12" plates.  It's also wicked fast close in due to the large rings around the center dot.

Glenn, you are also using it for very different purpose where quick transitions are a must and where a hit is a hit.

because he is asking for a prismatic optic, I assume op has eye issues? Which make typical Reflex sights difficult to use.

and of course many folks like magnification. 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:52 AM, MB24 said:

Looking for recommendations for a prism scope. Right off I will say a Trijicon ACOG is out of my price range. The two I have narrowed it down to are the Primary Arms 5x36 gen II with ACSS reticle which I'm leaning towards, and the sightmark wolfhound 6x44. Both have some pretty good reviews but most from merchants. I have no PA products but I have a sightmark ultra shot reddot I've had some issues with. Anyone have some practical experience with either one of these scopes or the  quality of the company. Opinions on other brands welcome.

Right now you can get the Wolfhound 6x on Amazon for dirt cheap $254.  Really good price. for it. Link.  https://amzn.to/2uGolk3