AlDente67

What do you make of this optic?

https://funnels.mycrisisgear.com/news/586/rdot_v1b?tid=TPC&cid=TPCSidebarRD

(usual disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this company/product)

Forty bucks for a dot sight.  Same for their spotting scope.  Free ship.  Looks too good to be true, but....

What do you think?

Looks like very cheap made in China stuff that you can get on Amazon for a better price.

https://www.amazon.com/Feyachi-Reflex-Sight-Adjustable-Reticle/dp/B01HPWATOC/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=red+dot&qid=1553704460&s=gateway&sr=8-6

The website SCREAMS of a data aggregator where the real goal is to get your information and sell it to other people for marketing/SPAM purposes.  It doesn't look like it offers any real/original content at all.

I have the optic they offer (got mine at the Amazon link) and it did surprisingly well on my Sub-2000 for about a year.  After that the dot would disappear from time to time because the selector knob became loose.

I replaced it with their next-gen model - https://www.amazon.com/Pinty-Reflex-Holographic-Different-Reticles/dp/B01EWAAWGU/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=red+dot&qid=1553704460&s=gateway&sr=8-12

So far, so good.

My advice it to stay away from ordering from websites like the one listed above.  GO through a regular retailer and you'll usually get a better price, better shipping/returns, and less distribution of your information.

6 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I bought a similar RDS years ago just to see if I would like a real one. Don't think I paid $40 at that time.

Look familiar?

https://smile.amazon.com/Ohuhu-Green-Reflex-Sight-Reticles/dp/B00YRIHYIW/ref=sr_1_12?crid=3VXMOHU9FXENA&keywords=red+dot+sight&qid=1562856871&s=gateway&sprefix=red+dot+%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-12

BUT .... Not bad for $19

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.