voyager9

CA 10-Round mag limit struck down

13 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

This can go a few ways.   

1.  The 9th circuit accepts the decision and California has no magazine ban.

2.  The 9th circuit appeals to the Supreme Court.

If #1 happens, we get fucked in Jersey.

If #2 happens, then the Supreme Court will either fuck us or help us.

This is a district court decision.

The next step would be for the state to appeal it to the 9th circuit.

The "9th circuit" won't do anything unless the case is appealed...

The "9th circuit" doesn't appeal anything to SCOTUS. One of the parties in the case appeals it to SCOTUS, after losing in circuit court.

It really isn't that difficult to understand the process, I thought it was taught in high school..

4 hours ago, SJG said:

If I was in Calif, I would hold off buying any to see if a stay is issued pending a decision of the Ninth Cir.

Much as I like PSA's quick willingness to help through mail order sales (go, capitalism!), if I were in CA, I'd be looking to buy standard cap magazines for cash locally once they become available.  Wait for the judicial dust to settle before making a record of any new purchases.

2 hours ago, b47356 said:

The "9th circuit" doesn't appeal anything to SCOTUS. One of the parties in the case appeals it to SCOTUS, after losing in circuit court.

It really isn't that difficult to understand the process, I thought it was taught in high school..

How about you go fuck yourself.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 7
  • Crazy 1

7 hours ago, b47356 said:

... you know what I meant. :D

15 hours ago, Zeke said:

We’ve already had a 3 judge panel uphold N.J. ban. We are waiting on enbanc. And the 3rd now has a conservative majority. Most say we should hear something by early summer 

Are you sure about that?  I thought the 3rd refused to hear it en banc because of being beholden to some precedent of a previous case ruling, and now it goes back down to the District Court to be heard on the merits. (The first round was an attempt to stay enforcement before the Dec 10 deadline).

Well as of now the high capacity mag ban in CA has been overturned so supposedly you can now get magazines that hold over 10 rounds in CA. This ruling was partially due to a woman who defended herself from home intruders and she had a "high capacity magazine" in her weapon. She couldn't reload because she had her phone in her other hand. Here is the article.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-ammunition-ban

14 minutes ago, photon guy said:

Well as of now the high capacity mag ban in CA has been overturned so supposedly you can now get magazines that hold over 10 rounds in CA. This ruling was partially due to a woman who defended herself from home intruders and she had a "high capacity magazine" in her weapon. She couldn't reload because she had her phone in her other hand. Here is the article.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-ammunition-ban

Ummmm, yeah.  This is why this thread was started.  

• Like 1

This is exactly why I dont find the doom and gloomers helpful. How many people do you see in every post saying "Itll never happen in NJ". How many of the same kind of people do you think said the same exact thing about Cali. And Cali is just as bad if not worse than NJ when it comes to guns. But someone took up the fight and now those same pessimists in Cali are benefitting from someone else who never lost hope. We need the same kind of attitude in NJ. Those who would seek to strip us of rights by vilifying us, skewing public opinion on what it means to be a gun owner, they don't even have to fight hard due to the echo chamber. So we can't lost hope and cant give up.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

From Bud's : Unfortunately, we are still unable to sell high capacity magazines to our CA customers. The recent court ruling only blocked a 2016 law that would have made high capacity magazines already owned by CA residents illegal to possess or sell.

https://www.budsgunshop.com

BUDS.thumb.JPG.3ec0042fa046741f0cede0c597e57a10.JPG

6 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

This is exactly why I dont find the doom and gloomers helpful. How many people do you see in every post saying "Itll never happen in NJ". How many of the same kind of people do you think said the same exact thing about Cali. And Cali is just as bad if not worse than NJ when it comes to guns. But someone took up the fight and now those same pessimists in Cali are benefitting from someone else who never lost hope. We need the same kind of attitude in NJ. Those who would seek to strip us of rights by vilifying us, skewing public opinion on what it means to be a gun owner, they don't even have to fight hard due to the echo chamber. So we can't lost hope and cant give up.

Just about anything can happen in NJ in terms of people's gun rights being violated. Especially with the current governor the magazine ban in NJ came as no surprise to me. You're right about people needing the same attitude in NJ as those that overturned the magazine ban in CA but the fact of the matter is most people don't like guns in NJ.

56 minutes ago, photon guy said:

Just about anything can happen in NJ in terms of people's gun rights being violated. Especially with the current governor the magazine ban in NJ came as no surprise to me. You're right about people needing the same attitude in NJ as those that overturned the magazine ban in CA but the fact of the matter is most people don't like guns in NJ.

Its true, this is why our founders didnt condition individual liberties to the whim of a majority.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, virpacalis said:

As an aside, I plan to keep my 15 rounders legally out of state until Jersey rules change or I move to a better state.

I got all mine out last year. I spent the winter in Florida. I came back to NJ and went in my safe and couldn't believe how empty it is. I just have a few .45 ACP's  and an HK P30sk  left here. I really feel burned by NJ's gun laws.  No CC now this 10 round limit.  

7 hours ago, FXDX said:

From Bud's : Unfortunately, we are still unable to sell high capacity magazines to our CA customers. The recent court ruling only blocked a 2016 law that would have made high capacity magazines already owned by CA residents illegal to possess or sell.

https://www.budsgunshop.com

BUDS.thumb.JPG.3ec0042fa046741f0cede0c597e57a10.JPG

They lost me at "high capacity".  Fuck them 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

They lost me at "high capacity".  Fuck them 

I hear you on the hi-cap thing but the rest of the statement is fairly clear, or at least it seems to be.... The way I read the Buds memo is CA gun owners got a grandfather clause on the original mag ban  (which I always thought was the case) then the state must have came back at some point in time and tried to undo the grandfather clause which was the case ruling and the extent of their win.  So if I’m reading this right they fought and won a draw. So you have palmettostatearmory.com on the prior page saying they will ship to CA and Bud's with a no go, so you decide.

Edit/update:

California law has prohibited buying or selling such magazines since 2000, but those who had them before were allowed to keep them.

In 2016, the Legislature and voters approved a law removing that provision. The California arm of the National Rifle Association sued and Benitez sided with the group's argument that banning the magazines infringes on the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

20 hours ago, FXDX said:

I hear you on the hi-cap thing but the rest of the statement is fairly clear, or at least it seems to be.... The way I read the Buds memo is CA gun owners got a grandfather clause on the original mag ban  (which I always thought was the case) then the state must have came back at some point in time and tried to undo the grandfather clause which was the case ruling and the extent of their win.  So if I’m reading this right they fought and won a draw. So you have palmettostatearmory.com on the prior page saying they will ship to CA and Bud's with a no go, so you decide.

Edit/update:

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/delay-sought-ruling-allowing-high-capacity-ammo-magazines-62120179?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FUS%2FwireStory%2Fdelay-sought-ruling-allowing-high-capacity-ammo-magazines-62120179

The judge threw out both magazine bans.  So all magazines are legal. 

• Like 1

Judge Benitez. for Supreme Court!    How could this be ONLY unconstitutional in Kalifornia?  It would seem that it would be in other states as well, like the Republik of New Jersey?  If the Mag Ban was Unconstitutional, it would seem lots of other things should be found Unconstitutional like the California approved list, etc. 

Thank you, PSA!  I am going to support you this week and buy something because you are supporting my Constitutional Rights.