low res Ian

what would happen if you shot a bullet?

4 minutes ago, low res Ian said:

let me elaborate because that sounds stupid. lets say i have mags attached to my plate carrier or what have you and one of the mags takes a bullet. what are the chances of that bullet igniting the powder in the casing that got shot and discharging that round(3) as well?

First of all, watch your language.

Secondly, why would a mag attached to your plate carrier take a bullet?  Expecting to go into battle? 

Unless the bullet happens to strike the primer that sets off the round, nothing is going to happen.

More than that... even if that primer does go off, you are just going to have a cheap fireworks display.  There is not enough pressure to make the bullet kill you.

Go google  cooking off rounds.

23 minutes ago, Maksim said:

First of all, watch your language.

Secondly, why would a mag attached to your plate carrier take a bullet?  Expecting to go into battle? 

Unless the bullet happens to strike the primer that sets off the round, nothing is going to happen.

More than that... even if that primer does go off, you are just going to have a cheap fireworks display.  There is not enough pressure to make the bullet kill you.

Go google  cooking off rounds.

warned for cussing on a gun forum? how old are we? anyway i did look on google and found nothing so i figured id ask on a forum, thanks for all the help!

29 minutes ago, low res Ian said:

let me elaborate because that sounds stupid. lets say i have mags attached to my plate carrier or what have you and one of the mags takes a bullet. what are the chances of that bullet igniting the powder in the casing that got shot and discharging that round(s) as well?

A cartridge or round won't explode or fire outside of the chamber of a gun. Maksim said it well calling it nothing more than a fireworks display. You are in NO danger of anything hurting you other than the incoming round. Period!

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, low res Ian said:

warned for cussing on a gun forum? how old are we? anyway i did look on google and found nothing so i figured id ask on a forum, thanks for all the help!

Because gun forums mean you have to be a rude douchebag who can't follow simple rules? More than 8,000 other people don't seem to have an issue with it, not ask a question that any gun owner would know or have an idea of... 

ammunition is not rocket science... it won't go off unless you crush the primer... and even then... not unless you are holding it closed over your hand.

Think fireworks and why guns have a barrel. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Humn, I did find a way.... 

IF you also have a pack of tannerite or another binary chemicals in that mag pouch... AND the bullet fired at it has sufficient velocity... then yes, you would have a very bad day.

But realistically you don't have much to worry about. =)

On 3/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, Zeke said:

When I shoot a boolit, it hits the bullseye every time. True story 

Ok this where the thread goes sideways.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2019 at 10:25 PM, Maksim said:

Because gun forums mean you have to be a rude douchebag who can't follow simple rules? More than 8,000 other people don't seem to have an issue with it, not ask a question that any gun owner would know or have an idea of... 

ammunition is not rocket science... it won't go off unless you crush the primer... and even then... not unless you are holding it closed over your hand.

Think fireworks and why guns have a barrel. 

how am i being a rude douche bag? i called MYSELF stupid for asking a question if you bothered to even read my post before just seeing the word stupid and calling me a rude douchebag for "cussing". arent you contradicting yourself with the watch your language by proceeded to call me a rude douchebag? how did you make admin? or mod or whatever it is you do here. were all adults here. for your own sake please grow up and learn that grown men and women will talk like grown men and women. the only one here that was deliberately offensive was you. i also dont care if this makes you salty too because i know it will, you seem like the type, ill just make another account and theres absolutely nothing you can do about that. if this doesnt make you mad and overreact and block me then i hope you learned from what ive said and learned how wrong you were here and now know not to power trip and lord over people with your "watch your language pal, around these parts, saying pee pee poopy head is a jailable offense". cheers, buddy! 

6 minutes ago, low res Ian said:

how am i being a rude douche bag? i called MYSELF stupid for asking a question if you bothered to even read my post before just seeing the word stupid and calling me a rude douchebag for "cussing". arent you contradicting yourself with the watch your language by proceeded to call me a rude douchebag? how did you make admin? or mod or whatever it is you do here. were all adults here. for your own sake please grow up and learn that grown men and women will talk like grown men and women. the only one here that was deliberately offensive was you. i also dont care if this makes you salty too because i know it will, you seem like the type, ill just make another account and theres absolutely nothing you can do about that. if this doesnt make you mad and overreact and block me then i hope you learned from what ive said and learned how wrong you were here and now know not to power trip and lord over people with your "watch your language pal, around these parts, saying pee pee poopy head is a jailable offense". cheers, buddy! 

The last post to this thread was almost 10 months ago - May 10, 2019

Just let it go.