High Exposure

The Highwaymen - Classic Guns Galore

Just watched the Netflix movie “The Highwaymen” with Costner and Harrelson.

Based on Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Maney Gault while on the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.

Decent movie with lots of good classic guns:

S&W M1917, Colt Monitor, cutdown BAR, Thompsons, 1903s, Remington Model 81, Winchester Model 1892

Pretty good way to spend a couple of hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Just watched the Netflix movie “The Highwaymen” with Costner and Harrelson.

Based on Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Maney Gault while on the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.

Decent movie with lots of good classic guns:

S&W M1917, Colt Monitor, cutdown BAR, Thompsons, 1903s, Remington Model 81, Winchester Model 1892

Pretty good way to spend a couple of hours.

I am hoping to watch this tonight.....i hope it is a as good as it looked on the trailer...

The scene where he walks into the store and walks out with all those classic firearms was sweet.

Movie itself was just okay.  Enjoyable but nothing special.  I wonder how accurate it was historically versus how much was embellished.  If I had to guess I would say it was probably pretty accurate as it wasn't over glamorized.

• Agree 1

Watched it. I like it. Actually enjoyed the fact that the movie focused on the good guys and really didn't glamorize Bonnie & Clyde.  

I think we (more me, haha) take for granted how powerful the 30/06 round is. Also that generation carried that cannon (and garands) all over the world, and kicked ass with it.