Underdog

Rossi 62 What Fun!

I got to play around with a fun little pump 22 over the weekend and it was a lot of fun.  I am now looking for one.  What is the difference between a Taurus and a Rossi and a Henry?  The heck with a Lever Action...  

Taurus / Rossi pretty much the same I own a Rossi 62 SA Octagon Barrel hard to find worth a little extra , also own the Henry Pump & one that's often overlooked is the Remington 552 Speedmaster which I also own . The Remington  can be found used reasonably priced ., still made new close to Henry in price maybe a little bit more .

• Thanks 1

The only issue I have with my Henry pump .22 rifle is that with your non-trigger hand on the pump forend, the tendency is to exert some rearward force on the pump while aiming. On my particular rifle, that force tends to take the action out of battery tends to give you a click instead of a bang.

Once you know that, and don't pull back on the forend to keep the rifle in your shoulder, it's all good to go. And a very fun rifle to shoot!!

I like the tube-fed, it is fun.  I wonder how easy it is to damage the tube, though?  I know some people hate the rotary mags on a 10/22, but I like them because they are flush, and also because that protects them somewhat.  The pump 22 is fun when you can hold the trigger in and pump it and fire.  I like break-top 22 revolvers as well.