CageFighter

NICS & Transfer fees for multiple firearms

I'm going to say, it highly depends on the FFL in question, on how they wish to handle fee pricing for multiple transfers on a single NICS check.  There's a vendor here that probably never wants to see me again if I decide to do a bulk transfer like that one time, but he's still my go-to guy. :D 

When I was in NJ, I charged $40 for the first, and $20 each additional if done at the same time, plus $15 NICS, totaling $115. 

Here in AZ, it would be $50 total, because of the local competition. 

they originally charged me $65 times FOUR!  the cashier rang up $294 (w/tax)!  ....until I lost my sh*t, then settled around $130.    Now I understand why their range is always dead on nights & weekends!  Sad part is, Im literally 5min away and will never drop a dime there!     THIS is why I prefer to only deal with one or two FFLs.   too many assholes around me in north NJ. 

even tho I drive 90 mins to GSSC in Brick, he's has been the BEST in the business, and worth the 3 hrs trip!  =Never been treated like a 2nd class citizen, especially as a newbie! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

they originally charged me $65 times FOUR!  the cashier rang up $294 (w/tax)!  ....until I lost my sh*t, then settled around $130.    Now I understand why their range is always dead on nights & weekends!  Sad part is, Im literally 5min away and will never drop a dime there!     THIS is why I prefer to only deal with one or two FFLs.   too many assholes around me in north NJ. 

even tho I drive 90 mins to GSSC in Brick, he's has been the BEST in the business, and worth the 3 hrs trip!  =Never been treated like a 2nd class citizen, especially as a newbie! 

Was this the legit rate or possibly a cashier screwed up on transfer?  Didn't ask for the transfer rates ahead of time?  Or FTF transfer?

3 hours ago, cabalrayz said:

and if GSSC is the best why weren't you there in the first place :p

bc it was a transfer to my brothers wife & we did not have time to drive to Tony!   time frame was too short to get it done.   =lessons learned!

3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Was this the legit rate or possibly a cashier screwed up on transfer?  Didn't ask for the transfer rates ahead of time?  Or FTF transfer?

i never asked for the rates, since I assumed it wouldnt be much more for the addt'l firearms after the initial transfer.  i was soooooo wrong!

14 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

ReloaderzNJ.  :facepalm:

Figured them. I'm 5 min away also and I have shot there and it's a bit expensive but convenient for the range. I wondered why it was always empty as I pass the place a few nights a week. It's a bit pricey and it's annoying you need to buy a $10 membership card just to shoot there. Annoying also how multiple employees will be at the counter and you wait for 1 to set you up with range time as they help someone else and the other employees stand there talking. They also sweep your brass into a pit as you shoot and its lost. I hope they make some customer service improvements there as it's so close and would like the place to stick around. But I just dont see the place lasting very long to be honest. 

• Informative 1

here's my complaints......transfers fees are rediculous & u need to fight with them to get any paperwork stating you handed over your firearms to them for a transfer.  No receipt, no COE, no nothing.  I will no longer be using them for ANY transfer.   

I've shot there once, it is a nice range.  had to teach sister in law to shoot before her 1st permit expired.  i will be writing them off as a retail store for the bullshit.  If I ever used the range, i will bring ALL my stuff, pay range time and not give them a penny more.  

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, chris327 said:

Figured them. I'm 5 min away also and I have shot there and it's a bit expensive but convenient for the range. I wondered why it was always empty as I pass the place a few nights a week. It's a bit pricey and it's annoying you need to buy a $10 membership card just to shoot there. Annoying also how multiple employees will be at the counter and you wait for 1 to set you up with range time as they help someone else and the other employees stand there talking. They also sweep your brass into a pit as you shoot and its lost. I hope they make some customer service improvements there as it's so close and would like the place to stick around. But I just dont see the place lasting very long to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

here's my complaints......transfers fees are rediculous & u need to fight with them to get any paperwork stating you handed over your firearms to them for a transfer.  No receipt, no COE, no nothing.  I will no longer be using them for ANY transfer.   

I've shot there once, it is a nice range.  had to teach sister in law to shoot before her 1st permit expired.  i will be writing them off as a retail store for the bullshit.  If I ever used the range, i will bring ALL my stuff, pay range time and not give them a penny more.  

I visited the range about a month or two ago and it seemed fairly packed.

Alex, & Chris, okay to bring up your issues with them?

I have no problem with you bringing the issues up. Like I said I want the place to succeed as its soo close to me.  I just dont see it lasting. It's mostly customer service issues imo.  The sweeping brass right into the pit as you shoot is annoying. And when your waiting and 5 or 6 employees are standing talking for a few minutes and then start to help you after you waited a for 5 minutes is quite annoying. And its probably something management or owners dont even know. But it's happened to me on 2 of my 3 trips there. And like I said maks I pass there multiple nights a week and have shot on multiple weeknights and on a Sunday afternoon there. 1 of the weeknights there was 1 other lane occupied at around 7:30-8pm. The other time just 3 lanes occupied. On a Sunday afternoon there were maybe 7 lanes occupied. I hope it's enough but I dont see it being enough volume to last. If theres anything I can do to help them improve I'd be willing to. 

• Informative 1

i complained to the manager and he made me feel like he was doing me favor to shut me the f*ck up!  fortunately, neighbor works with the owner at his corporate job (not the range) and my neighbors son works there.  I was told the range is for the kids to run.  

I cant wait to give him an earful about my wonderful experience, -lol.

• Informative 1

On 4/7/2019 at 8:12 PM, CageFighter said:

You did a FTF using them and they would not give you any paperwork stating you turned in a firearm to them....

I hate paperwork but even i give that to the customer :)

1 hour ago, remixer said:

You did a FTF using them and they would not give you any paperwork stating you turned in a firearm to them....

I hate paperwork but even i give that to the customer :)

correct, they didnt want to give me ANYTHING!  I had to force them to give me something.