Franklin Armory

Franklin Armory® Reformation™ is Coming to New Jersey

Franklin Armory® is pleased to announce that the RS7™ Reformation™ and the RS11™ Reformation™ will be made available for sale to residents of New Jersey in the near future.  Both the RS7™ and RS11™ feature our patent pending barrel technology with straight cut lands and grooves that separates and distinguishes our Reformation™ branded firearms from standard rifled firearms and smooth bore firearms that are not equipped with our Reformation™ technology.  Franklin Armory® has been working with New Jersey law enforcement to ensure that the Reformation™ branded products are classified properly by state and local law enforcement.  Reformation™ branded firearms.  In anticipation of the release, Franklin Armory® will be accepting reservations for the RS7™ Reformation™ and the RS11™ Reformation™.

Additional information on the Reformation™ firearm can be found on http://www.reformationfirearms.com/

rs7 10 round.jpg

RS11 10 round new.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That's pretty cool. So...the next question will be - can it be suppressed without a tax stamp? I believe the Maxim 50 muzzleloader is suppressed and reportedly legal in all 50 states without a stamp because, technically, it's not a firearm.

4 minutes ago, SIGMan Freud said:

That's pretty cool. So...the next question will be - can it be suppressed without a tax stamp? I believe the Maxim 50 muzzleloader is suppressed and reportedly legal in all 50 states without a stamp because, technically, it's not a firearm.

Excellent question

Interesting that you can order them for NJ without the binary trigger. Any NJ FFLs willing to accept one?

Here's the FAQ on these. Interesting that factory ammo can maintain the degree of accuracy reported if they yaw and tumble just 15 feet past the muzzle. 

http://www.reformationfirearms.com/FAQ.html

Reading the faq, it looks like ATF declared it a shotgun. Which means in NJ,  6 round mags. 

Not sure I would want to own one in the presence of other AR patttern guns given the NJ AWB's constructive possession bits. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, raz-0 said:

Reading the faq, it looks like ATF declared it a shotgun. Which means in NJ,  6 round mags. 

Not sure I would want to own one in the presence of other AR patttern guns given the NJ AWB's constructive possession bits. 

The New Jersey Revised Statutes define “shotgun” in a manner more similar to the NFA.  Section 2C:39-1n defines “shotgun” in the following manner:

[JD1] "Shotgun" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shots or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, or any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder which does not fire fixed ammunition.

[JD1]Deleted this subsection and all others in this document because it is duplicative since the subsections are cited in the preceding sentences.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By JT Custom Guns
      Troy PAR    (Pump Action Rifle)
      .223 / 5.56 Nato
      New in Box

FEATURES:   -16" Melonite barrel -1:7 RH twist -Troy Mid-evil Flash Hider -Fully Adjustable Troy Battleaxe Mil-Spec stock -Alpha-style handguard with full-length top rail -Troy BattleAx control grip -Standard trigger -Billet machined railed flat-top upper receiver -Billet machined lower receiver -M4 feed ramps -Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized finish -Manual lever safety with indicator markings on both sides of receiver -Full Size 10 round magazine   100% NJ legal

$799.00

100% NJ & NY Legal AR - Threaded BBL.,Flash Hider, Adj. Stock, ect.

• By Maksim
      Wanted to be the first to say "Hello and Welcome" to the latest NJGF community member, Ed  @Dark Storm Industries.
      While many of you may already be familiar, for those that are not, DSI is a leader in the compliant rifle space, making the best out of a mediocre situation.
      One of the most recent firearms is the new Non-NFA firearm that was blessed for NJ and for which there is a specific NJSP letter.
      If you have not done so already, check out the dedicated NJ web page, https://www.dark-storm.com/new-jersey/  to see a copy of the letter and all of the NJ compliant models.
      I am looking forward to thoroughly testing one of the rifles in the immediate future!
      Welcome Ed and thank you for supporting the community.
      Make sure to take a look at DSI rifles at your local dealer and make sure to ask them to carry DSI guns if they are not doing so already!
    • By Swizz70
      For Sale:  Spikes Tactical Black Assassin Complete Rifle, (5.56) 14.5" (16" OAL) Midlength, $1,250 OBO
      Bought this rifle new in 2014 directly from Spikes Tactical.  Has less than 500 rounds through it and shot outdoors once, no malfunctions or issues.  Cleaned after every use.  I'm only selling to offset the cost of another rifle (wish I was rich enough to keep them all!)  This has basically the same specs as the current model listed on Spike's Website for $1,925 except I did not opt for the nickel boron bolt carrier group.  In 2014 it did not come standard with the raptor charging handle but I added it to this rifle and is included in this sale along with the Magpul vertical foregrip and 10 round hex mag (it's the size of a 30 round but is completely NJ legal and cannot be converted to any capacity higher than 10 rounds or it will not function).  Feel free to contact me with any questions.  I believe a private rifle sale does have to be done by an FFL transfer. 
      Here are some more specifications:
      Forged Upper Receiver
      7075 T6 Construction Forward Assist Ejection Port Door Ejection Port Door Spring Ejection Port Door Rod 14.5" Mid Length CHF Barrel
      Cold Hammer Forged Optimal Profile 20,000+ Round Service Life DIN 21CrMoV511 Chrome Lined to M249 Spec 1/7 Twist Rate 1/2 X 28 Thread Pitch for Muzzle 5.56 Nato Chamber .750 Gas Block Seat M4 Feed Ramped Barrel Extension Mil-Spec Phosphate Coating 12" SAR3 Rail
      7075 T6 Barrel Nut 6061 T6 Rail Continuous Top Rail Free Floating 1 Piece Q.D. Attachment Points Low Profile Gas Block
      Solid Billet Steel Mid Length Gas Tube
      Black Nitride Inside and Out Gas Tube Roll Pin DynaComp Muzzle Brake
      Pin and Welded (16" OAL) Magpul MBUS Front and Rear Sights (Gen 2)
      FORGED LOWER RECEIVER
      Complete lower enhanced parts kit
      KNS Anti Rotation Pins Spike's Tactical Battle Trigger Norgon Ambi Mag Release 6-Position Mil-Spec Buffer Tube, Castle Nut 17-7 Stainless Buffer Spring Magpul MOE Grip Magpul CTR Stock (Rifle includes hard case)
      Weight: 6lb 7oz Length: Position 1- 32"   Position 6- 35" The Black Assassin is designed with input from Spike's 3 gun team and other competitors. Minimal recoil, target transition at depth, and weight are their primary concerns. The Black Assassin has many upgrades to give you an out of the box performance rifle.

• By My1stGlock
      Federal has another rebate going on now. Max rebate is upt o $200.00 just read the fine print.
      Just gotta find the deals with the low shipping or even free. Please post here if you find any on sale and cheap. 
      Palmetto State Armory has some @ $5.99 box of 20 but shipping gonna cost ya.
      http://palmettostatearmory.com/federal-xm193f-brown-box-5-56mm-55gr-fmj.html
      Rebate link:
      https://www.federalpremium.com/downloads/promotions/FP1417_AE5.56and223promo_web_f.pdf

• By NJturtlePower
      Anybody catch the VICE episode from last week on HBO? It's called "Future of Firearms"  (Season 5 Ep. 15). I thought it was a great little informative piece you can also watch on the HBO Go App if you don't have HBO. Anyways, below is a description of the episode. Check it out! 
      http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/vice/episode-15-season-5/future-of-firearms-russia-wins-climate-change/766880/
      "The firearms industry experienced unprecedented growth in the last decade. Fear of government regulation drove much of that growth as President Obama repeatedly tried to pass gun control laws in the aftermath of numerous mass shootings. Now, with the political landscape fundamentally changed, the industry, and gun rights advocates, are looking for new ways to expand upon their 2nd amendment rights and the bottom line - with some surprising results. VICE takes a closer look at the future of firearms in America."